+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
That is what you come to conclusion when you just watch/read the biased media. India has a lot of red tap-ism and that's because of bureaucracy. With Modi, they have removed a lot of bureaucracy (and this is rattling a lot in opposition) and therefore his is so liked by people. He failed few times in his policies but people see that he is trying. With Trudeau no one sees him a leader (at least not on world stage) who can take tough decision that could back fire. He want to be in good books with a lot of people and doesn't have gut to fight for common people. Hence you see that's why people are fed-up with him.... well if you are from east coast then he is chocolate boy but when you come to west people don't link him much.
I see, so Trudeau cant take any decisions - but he single handedly banned flights from India.

And your hero Modi, who is so strong, couldnt stop his bureaucrats from screwing desis abroad?

Makes perfect sense!

BTW, chocolate boy has won 3 elections. What the west thinks (mostly the flyover provinces) doesnt seem to matter!

• Haha
Reactions: softwaretesting

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I see, so Trudeau cant take any decisions - but he single handedly banned flights from India.

And your hero Modi, who is so strong, couldnt stop his bureaucrats from screwing desis abroad?

Makes perfect sense!

BTW, chocolate boy has won 3 elections. What the west thinks (mostly the flyover provinces) doesnt seem to matter!
You clearly not understand, when anyone says Modi or Trudeau or Biden its always their cabinets, not individual persons. I personally do not follow and no one is my hero.

If individual person has that power then its called as Dictatorship. Hope things are clear now. :)

For now we are stuck with the BLS, and we can not by pass. :0

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
You clearly not understand, when anyone says Modi or Trudeau or Biden its always their cabinets, not individual persons. I personally do not follow and no one is my hero.

If individual person has that power then its called as Dictatorship. Hope things are clear now. :)

For now we are stuck with the BLS, and we can not by pass. :0
Oh...in previous posts, you claimed to know a lot more than the 'biased media'. But now you claim not to follow?

Sure buddy, if you say so :)

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And is this decision not political? If its not political, tell me what is the basis for such a decision?
My "guess" is that Indian govt is trying to get reciprocatory step from Canadian & UK govt. So that these countries also allow e-Visa / visa on arrival to Indian citizens. That is also a political reason, but no point discussing here.

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
My "guess" is that Indian govt is trying to get reciprocatory step from Canadian & UK govt. So that these countries also allow e-Visa / visa on arrival to Indian citizens. That is also a political reason, but no point discussing here.
Then why not do it with US? With EU? With UAE? Those places also have no e-visa for Indians.

NbaHlx

Apr 11, 2021
Hi,

I am applying for the OCI, do I need to send my original Canadian passport, Citizenship Certificate, and Original Indian Passport with my application or just the photocopies? I already have my surrender certificate. Please advise.

Thanks

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Hi,

I am applying for the OCI, do I need to send my original Canadian passport, Citizenship Certificate, and Original Indian Passport with my application or just the photocopies? I already have my surrender certificate. Please advise.

Thanks
Are you sending it by post by any chance?

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
@funloving So now we have moved from OCI to Entry Visa to International geopolitics.
Lol let them deal with it.
Oh did anyone consider the monetary angle ? Entry Visa costs 100 cad, how much is E-visa?
I like how you pretend to be above the fray, but still indulge by asking about monetary angle.

Sure, lets say E-visa was cancelled just to make money. 2 questions still remain:
- Why not also make money off US and EU citizens?
- Why not just charge more for E-visas?

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Yes, through the post.
One of my friends sent the application 4 weeks ago and he did not send any originals. Just sent self-attested copies of all the docs you mentioned. Also Indian passport does not remain valid once you surrender it.

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Did I quote you? Mr Everything I know , go to EU immigration or US immigration forum to ask those questions. Last I know we are still in Canadian immigration forum.
But you referred to me indirectly in a snide way. Tried to have your cake and eat it too.

Why dont you go to a finance and economics forum, since you seem to be such an expert on the monetary angle?