+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
I am having "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance" status for over a week now and it's no change since then. I am wondering how long does it take for our Gov. to print one page certificate. I am guessing as per other people are suggesting they are doing in batches and no option other then waiting :(
Its just paper print out and we need to wait , they kinda forcing us to apply for Entry visa ( 100$)

Reactions: richieP

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
LOL, you are now a Canadian Citizen not an Indian any more. That's why. They had to screw someone, we are the easy targets. LOL. :)
Sure, but what about all the Indian citizens with Canadian born kids? Poor folks arent even Canadians and both countries screwing them :D

And why screw with desis? As if desis in Canada were urging Trudeau to ban India flights. If Indian govt really wanted to retaliate, they would put tariffs on Canadian daal exports (India is main customer). But no guts, so take it out on desis (which will achieve nothing).

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
It's because BJP lost in Punjab, they are taking it out on desi Canadians, most of whom are Punjabi.
This makes zero sense.

There are more Indo Canadians from other states combined than from Punjab alone.

So, no, it's not about punishing Punjabis. Now, if we are saying Trudeau cabinet has khalistan sympathizers and India is retaliating for that, that would make more sense. High population of such groups in UK and Canada.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Does anyone know if they have started issuing long-term multiple-entry visas in Canada?
BLS website shows fee structure of "more than 1 year up to 5 years" entry visa.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Quick Q - Does anybody know whether they need all previous Indian passports for Surrender and/or OCI?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Quick Q - Does anybody know whether they need all previous Indian passports for Surrender and/or OCI?
Just the latest one. The old ones should not be valid anyways.

Reactions: vvarma

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Sure, but what about all the Indian citizens with Canadian born kids? Poor folks arent even Canadians and both countries screwing them :D

And why screw with desis? As if desis in Canada were urging Trudeau to ban India flights. If Indian govt really wanted to retaliate, they would put tariffs on Canadian daal exports (India is main customer). But no guts, so take it out on desis (which will achieve nothing).
True that for the first part.

The bureaucracy is a very different animal, which usually does not have a straight logic. So, importing daal is totally different matter than the immigration/issuing visa etc. Governments plays in very different ways. See what is going on in Ukraine and Russia. NATO first said they will support Ukraine but backed out, and then puts tough sanctions on Russia and they still are buying billions of $$$ worth of oil and gas. The governments do things what suits them.

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
My surrender certificate application status changed to "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance" today. Can i start filling OCI application online so that I will be ready to submit it as soon as I get the physical copy of surrender certificate? Or do i have to only start application after my surrender certificate is issued.

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
This makes zero sense.

There are more Indo Canadians from other states combined than from Punjab alone.

So, no, it's not about punishing Punjabis. Now, if we are saying Trudeau cabinet has khalistan sympathizers and India is retaliating for that, that would make more sense. High population of such groups in UK and Canada.
Sure, so you are saying its because of Khalistan issue. And which Indian state is that issue about? And which state from India has a high population in UK and Canada?

So it IS about punishing people from that state. You basically agreed with me.

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
True that for the first part.

The bureaucracy is a very different animal, which usually does not have a straight logic. So, importing daal is totally different matter than the immigration/issuing visa etc. Governments plays in very different ways. See what is going on in Ukraine and Russia. NATO first said they will support Ukraine but backed out, and then puts tough sanctions on Russia and they still are buying billions of $$$ worth of oil and gas. The governments do things what suits them.
Bureaucracy has nothing to do with it. They follow orders from the elected govt. Why has it become a fashion in India to blame bureaucracy for everything bad (but praise PM for everything good) and when it comes to anything bad in Canada - its all Trudeau's fault (why not blame Health Canada bureaucrats here)?

John2021

Oct 25, 2021
Hello
I applied for OCI to the BLS in Brampton few weeks ago and the application was returned back to me. It's an OCI application on spouse basis (my wife is an indian citizen). BLS says the application is incomplete because I didn't include my birth certificate.

I have read the instructions and checklist hundreds times, there is no mention anywhere to include a birth certificate. It is only required for minor children. I was born in a different country (not India, not Canada), then why is it required ?

Providing that certificate is not an issue, I have it. What bothers is that it will need to attested by both Ontario and the consulate, which is loss of time by going to lineup at different offices again to get a stamp.

Does anyone has experience in applying for OCI on spouse basis ?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure, so you are saying its because of Khalistan issue. And which Indian state is that issue about? And which state from India has a high population in UK and Canada?

So it IS about punishing people from that state. You basically agreed with me.
Let's not discuss politics. Fact is that we are all suffering because of a stupid decision by Indian govt.

Reactions: dineshrehab

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Bureaucracy has nothing to do with it. They follow orders from the elected govt. Why has it become a fashion in India to blame bureaucracy for everything bad (but praise PM for everything good) and when it comes to anything bad in Canada - its all Trudeau's fault?
That is what you come to conclusion when you just watch/read the biased media. India has a lot of red tap-ism and that's because of bureaucracy. With Modi, they have removed a lot of bureaucracy (and this is rattling a lot in opposition) and therefore his is so liked by people. He failed few times in his policies but people see that he is trying. With Trudeau no one sees him a leader (at least not on world stage) who can take tough decision that could back fire. He want to be in good books with a lot of people and doesn't have gut to fight for common people. Hence you see that's why people are fed-up with him.... well if you are from east coast then he is chocolate boy but when you come to west people don't link him much.