+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i got married in 2019 nov and from that time i was unable to travel to india mean while i became citizen of canada from then due to covid we were unable to travel to apply
The thing is this. The MEA / consulate expect marriage certificate even if you are applying for a tourist visa. My friend recently applied for surrender + tourist visa and she was asked for her marriage certificate even when her spouse is still in India.

Contact the consulate via email/ DM on twitter and ask them how to go forward in this case.

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
How long it will take to dispatch OCI from BLS after OCI Received by consulate. My baby girls OCI Receive by Toronto office on 3rd November but haven’t receive yet. And BLS tracking says counter delivery to BLS after OCI Stamping

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi guys, I am currently at the Toronto BLS center and they are telling me that they will take the original Canadian citizenship certificate for verification and mail back later (4 weeks). Is this the case? I thought they verify at the center and then just take a photocopy?

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Hi guys, I am currently at the Toronto BLS center and they are telling me that they will take the original Canadian citizenship certificate for verification and mail back later (4 weeks). Is this the case? I thought they verify at the center and then just take a photocopy?
they always keep one original doc to send it through courier. Just to change courier$$. they keep my marriage certificate for my OCI, because at that time I didn't carry any original doc for OCI.

Reactions: nila001

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
they always keep one original doc to send it through courier. Just to change courier$$. they keep my marriage certificate for my OCI, because at that time I didn't carry any original doc for OCI.
Thanks.

Also now they are asking me to 'upload' my COPR under OCI application. I am trying to but it says no record found. The registration number is nothing but CAN******** one right?
I am aware they say you can not upload any document after your application is processed . But mine is not processed yet and the agent inside asked me to do upload it right now and give her a print out of the upload page as a 'proof'. Now the website isn't accepting the combination of my passport number and registration #.

rtamuli

Sep 20, 2021
Finally submitted my OCI application along with passport surrender at BLS Toronto, it is a big relief. Special thanks to all those who responded to my queries in the past few days :)

Reactions: Abhishek901

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hi all

I am not sure if I am in the right thread. But my question is I would have to visit India. So let's say the process goes like OATH====CERTIFICATE====CANADIAN PASSPORT====OCI.
So let's say I got my passport today. What is the timeframe to receive my OCI and VISA. I know OCI is the best option but what is the time frame for both.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That's how it is at BLS Toronto. If you don't want to provide the original, go to BLS Brampton.

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Thanks.

Also now they are asking me to 'upload' my COPR under OCI application. I am trying to but it says no record found. The registration number is nothing but CAN******** one right?
I am aware they say you can not upload any document after your application is processed . But mine is not processed yet and the agent inside asked me to do upload it right now and give her a print out of the upload page as a 'proof'. Now the website isn't accepting the combination of my passport number and registration #.
You can upload the documents at any time. I have uploaded my passport after giving the application to them. you can do "
OCI Document Upload/ Re-upload option in the new application process.

snehagupta12us

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Winnipeg-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application reached CIO Sept 24, 2012
Nomination.....
24 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
15 Nov 2012
Med's Request
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
23-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
DM: 31-July-2013 PPR: 01-Aug-2013
Hi, is cgi toronto now accepting walk in for attestation services. Cgi website says they will not be taking mailed applications for attestation after 27 oct 21. I send the application for BC attstation of my kids which arrived at cgi on 18 oct 21. But still have not got attested docs back. I tried contacting them on twiiter and send them the email ,but no reply its been 8 days since i contacted them....there are no whereabouts of the docs........any body with attestation exprerience with birth certificate with cgi....should i wait for the BC to be mailed back or go to cgi for attestation if they accept walkins...thanks
I think you need to book appointment with CGI for attestation service at Sampark

snehagupta12us

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Winnipeg-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application reached CIO Sept 24, 2012
Nomination.....
24 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
15 Nov 2012
Med's Request
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
23-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
DM: 31-July-2013 PPR: 01-Aug-2013
Can someone share recent experience at BLS Toronto for OCI walk in applications (without appointment)

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Can someone share recent experience at BLS Toronto for OCI walk in applications (without appointment)
I can add in one point that might be helpful. I had an appointment today and I was admitted inside exactly at appointment time(10:40 AM) but I saw they rejecting walk -ins coming in around that time saying walk in list is full. I could see a huge walk in line as well who were to be admitted only after all appointment candidates are taken care. They were sending back every walk in around 10 AM onwards saying that the center closes at 2 and they can't be accommodated anymore.

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Hey Guys posting this question here since I see several threads for flights to India.

Do I need have RTPCT test (In Canada) for my 15month old son before departing from Vancouver to new Delhi (direct flight)?

I am navigating through government sites for requirements, where it does not state if children under certain age are exempt.