+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i am trying to apply OCI for me(Adult application) but it requires marriage certificate and we recently got married and didn't got chance to visit india and apply marriage certificate. Any advise how i should approach this situation?
I think the only way to get this done is get a marriage certificate from India. But I can't ben 100% sure. Check with someone - either email/Twitter DM the consulate or check with BLS to see if there is a work around.

This is why, if you are residing abroad, it is prudent to get the marriage certificate ASAP after the marriage to avoid these problems.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I think the only way to get this done is get a marriage certificate from India. But I can't ben 100% sure. Check with someone - either email/Twitter DM the consulate or check with BLS to see if there is a work around.

This is why, if you are residing abroad, it is prudent to get the marriage certificate ASAP after the marriage to avoid these problems.
Hi Raj - off topic - but did you get the NEXUS appointment? If and when are able to, can you direct message me or @me here in this site thanks

rtamuli

Sep 20, 2021
Hello, in the OCI application can anyone please confirm if the address format 123-45 ANY STREET is acceptable? In the Ontario DL, the format is 45 ANY STREET, UN 123
The checklist says"Please enter your current address as per your current proof of address (driver’s license, utility bill)"

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello, in the OCI application can anyone please confirm if the address format 123-45 ANY STREET is acceptable? In the Ontario DL, the format is 45 ANY STREET, UN 123
The checklist says"Please enter your current address as per your current proof of address (driver’s license, utility bill)"
Either should be fine IMO.

Reactions: rtamuli

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj - off topic - but did you get the NEXUS appointment? If and when are able to, can you direct message me or @me here in this site thanks
Hi, Nope! I've been religiously checking for available appointments every day but no luck! I think things might change with the border openings tomorrow.

This is the page where I expect updated information to appear once the enrollment centers start functioning again in Canada => https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/location-eng.html

samkan

Feb 8, 2021

i got married in 2019 nov and from that time i was unable to travel to india mean while i became citizen of canada from then due to covid we were unable to travel to apply

Nov 2, 2020
Dear Fellow OCI Applicants,

I have one query to make about the minor OCI application. I just realized that i have only attached my proof of address but missed the spouse proof of address. Is this big of a deal? I know that CGI website clearly mentions that they need both parents proof of address but considering there other conditions which are not being followed.

I just wanted to know how serious is this? Its is a postal application and and we all are applying for OCI together.

thanks

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Dear Fellow OCI Applicants,

I have one query to make about the minor OCI application. I just realized that i have only attached my proof of address but missed the spouse proof of address. Is this big of a deal? I know that CGI website clearly mentions that they need both parents proof of address but considering there other conditions which are not being followed.

I just wanted to know how serious is this? Its is a postal application and and we all are applying for OCI together.

thanks
If all your family is applied for OCI then your wife should have sent her address proof for her corresponding application. If that is present I guess they will consider.