+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
How long does it take from dispatch from delhi to Ottawa? I got Dispatched from Delhi on Dec 5, still not received in Ottawa.

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
Has anyone recently applied at BLS Brampton through walk-in (without appointment) ? How is the queue these days ? Still needs to camp overnight or has it improved ?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Eas2lv, I went through some of the older posts and I observed that, the day the status on BLS changes to 'Counter Delivery', the next day Purolator has actually finished delivering the OCI to the recepient. So I am assuming that the moment the status changes to 'Counter Delivery', that means that by that time BLS has already sent the OCI to purolator. Also, I am reading some very recent posts which says that even after purolator finished delivery, the tracking id was never updated on the BLS site and the site continued to show the same status 'Counter Delivery'. What are your thoughts on this? I was unable to intercept the package at BLS and so now i am completely dependent on this process to play out and praying to God that i get it in time before my flight at 2pm on Dec 13.
Not really. In CGI Toronto the process has been very consistent like this (all business days):

Day X: process completed (all three dates populated at OCI site)
Day X+1: Counter delivery to BLS -- this happens within the consulate and the document (OCI) at this point has not yet reached BLS office
Day X+2: OCI reaches BLS in the morning and ready for dispatch update appears during the day with tracking no. Purolator picks it up sometime in the afternoon.
Day X+3: Purolator delivery at applicant's address

Out of this all BLS updates (Day X+1 & X+2) are unreliable and sometimes do not change even after the package is dispatched or delivered. Further, rarely, Purolator does not deliver the next business day.

Based on this, one has to request hold at BLS is on the counter delivery day or earlier and the earliest day to pickup is the first working day following counter delivery. In your case I expect purolator to pickup the OCI from BLS on Dec 11th afternoon.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Eas2lv, I went through some of the older posts and I observed that, the day the status on BLS changes to 'Counter Delivery', the next day Purolator has actually finished delivering the OCI to the recepient. So I am assuming that the moment the status changes to 'Counter Delivery', that means that by that time BLS has already sent the OCI to purolator. Also, I am reading some very recent posts which says that even after purolator finished delivery, the tracking id was never updated on the BLS site and the site continued to show the same status 'Counter Delivery'. What are your thoughts on this? I was unable to intercept the package at BLS and so now i am completely dependent on this process to play out and praying to God that i get it in time before my flight at 2pm on Dec 13.
Just go through the tracker and my projections which has been accurate in most cases, and you will see what I mean.

Reactions: rajset1234