+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Just go through the tracker and my projections which has been accurate in most cases, and you will see what I mean.
There is a tracking number starting with 608 provided on BLS site but when i enter this number on the purolator tracking site, it says no information available. What do i do? Did BLS provide a wrong tracking number or should i wait for some time before the tracking number is populated on purolator?

May 3, 2019
Toronto
My OCI application status: (Had to re-do the application, sent on 7th November 2023 via courier)

BLS Brampton
Application date on BLS website: 9 November 2023
Underprocess on BLS website: 9 November 2023
Processing at Consulate General on BLS website: 10 November 2023
Under-Process on the OCI services gov website: 11 December 2023

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Postal Appl: Toronto
Postal Ack date(BLS) : Oct 17th
Processing at Consulate General(BLS) : Nov 13th
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn08-DEC-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn09-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn09-DEC-2023
Have you received your oci card?

yolo083

Dec 11, 2023
Hello,

I have a question. We have applied for OCI on Oct 25th. We are planning to leave Dec 25th. We have applied for E Visa as well.

We are planning to stay for 10 months. If we travel and enter India by E Visa (incase if we dont get the OCI), do we have to exit after 6 months and enter using OCI (when we get the OCI Doc)?

Or we can just stay and exit later?

I will be staying back to collect the OCI cards and later join with the family. Has any one experienced this?

Ean2543

Sep 10, 2021
Need help :(

OCI For Minor
Walk-in submission at BLS Brampton on 9.NOV.23
Processing at consulate general 10.NOV.23

No updates after that, no records found on the oci website. We are travelling on 10th Jan but I have heard it’s taking over 2 months now.

I dont want to go for eVisa as I have to book return tickets with that. Should I wait till the end? Experts pls help.
Similar timeline
Bls Brampton - inperson application
Applied on 10th November, shows Processing at Consulate on BLS website.
NO RECORD FOUND on OCI Tracker

Travelling on 11th Jan. Not sure if we'll get the OCI before that

sjsingh

Apr 1, 2023
Similar timeline
Bls Brampton - inperson application
Applied on 10th November, shows Processing at Consulate on BLS website.
NO RECORD FOUND on OCI Tracker

Travelling on 11th Jan. Not sure if we'll get the OCI before that
I was expecting letter processing time after they opened evisas but its increasing day by day.

Reactions: Ean2543

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
I have applied E-visa on Friday 8 dec and got confirmation after 10 hours. It was only $57 CAD.
Is that for the 30 day E-Tourist Visa or a 1 year multiple entry? I’m going for 45 days so have to get the 1 year multiple entry which allows you to stay up 90 days at a time.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Phew - OCI site updated today with acknowledgment and status as "UNDER-PROCESS"

OCI Postal Application - BLS Brampton
Application Sent: Oct-6
Application Delivered: Oct-7
BLS - Application Date: Oct-11
BLS - Under Process: Oct-11
BLS - Processing at Consulate: Oct-18
OCI - UNDER-PROCESS: Nov-15
Further update today:

Documents Printed: Dec-11
Dispatched from MEA: Dec-12
Documents Received at Toronto: Dec-12

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I have a question. We have applied for OCI on Oct 25th. We are planning to leave Dec 25th. We have applied for E Visa as well.

We are planning to stay for 10 months. If we travel and enter India by E Visa (incase if we dont get the OCI), do we have to exit after 6 months and enter using OCI (when we get the OCI Doc)?

Or we can just stay and exit later?

I will be staying back to collect the OCI cards and later join with the family. Has any one experienced this?
You should be contacting FRRO. Once you have OCI it should just be some update about your status.
Even on a evisa you could ask for an extension. Better you get official confirmation about it.

FRRO contact details - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/getting-back-to-canada-after-travelling-to-india-on-an-indian-passport.796707/post-10540385

Reactions: yolo083

kexx999

Star Member
Oct 31, 2022
Hii everybody ,

Can someone please pist the oci tracker and not the bls tracker. I don't know which link I have to go to check the status.

I did go to the status enquity web page in the oci website and if that is what you guys are looking , then when I put in all my information it says no records found whereas it's been under process at consulate General from 22nd Nov. It would be great if someone can help me