+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
Hi Eas2lv I got counter delivery to BLs status update on BLS site, on Dec 8. My OCI processed date on OCI portal is on Dec 7.. My flight is on Dec 13th. I do not have purolator tracking id on BLS site. Assuming that BLS has already shipped it out (meaning which i can no longer pick it up from BLS), do you think i will receive the OCI on or before Dec 12 EOD (as my flight is on Dec 13 at 2pm).?
Did u call bls to pick direct from bls

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I submitted OCI application of myself and my daughters, for my daughters on BLS it shows below details
Application Status Incomplete / Insufficient data - Contact BLS Centre
Copy of surrender cert
Incomplete/Incorrect Data

I did submit all the documents, infact more than required, I've contacted BLS but havent got any response yet, any one had same experience?
Hello! Can you please share what did you end up doing to fix the “incomplete” status?

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Just called BLS, Consulate wants parents original marriage certificate for my daughter 's OCI application (We gave attested photo copy...BLS officer returned our original). There is nothing wrong with two out of three applications.
Hello! For additional documents did you have to line up at bls again?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Eas2lv I got counter delivery to BLs status update on BLS site, on Dec 8. My OCI processed date on OCI portal is on Dec 7.. My flight is on Dec 13th. I do not have purolator tracking id on BLS site. Assuming that BLS has already shipped it out (meaning which i can no longer pick it up from BLS), do you think i will receive the OCI on or before Dec 12 EOD (as my flight is on Dec 13 at 2pm).?
Purolator normally delivers the next day in GTA so you should be good if already mailed out. But, BLS mails out only one business day after the counter delivery date -- so expect that to happen only on Dec 11th and delivery on 12th. Also, some folks recently reported delivery delays with Purolator, so arranging pickup on Monday would have been safer (too late now?) -- try tracking using the application ID if tracking no. does not show up on Monday.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Eas2lv, I went through some of the older posts and I observed that, the day the status on BLS changes to 'Counter Delivery', the next day Purolator has actually finished delivering the OCI to the recepient. So I am assuming that the moment the status changes to 'Counter Delivery', that means that by that time BLS has already sent the OCI to purolator. Also, I am reading some very recent posts which says that even after purolator finished delivery, the tracking id was never updated on the BLS site and the site continued to show the same status 'Counter Delivery'. What are your thoughts on this? I was unable to intercept the package at BLS and so now i am completely dependent on this process to play out and praying to God that i get it in time before my flight at 2pm on Dec 13.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Not sure what happened but there are a bunch of entries missing on the Vancouver tracking sheet. One of them is mine.
Applied at BLS - Oct. 28 (Surrey)
Ack date at OCi- Nov.09
Spouse and daughter:
Applied at BLS-Oct.28 (Surrey)
Ack date at OCi- Nov.08
All 3 remain under process since Nov.09 at CGI
If anyone would like to update with this info. I tried but it’s not working.
For me the OCI Ack date is Nov-15, it's worrying that even for Nov-9 is not yet processed.!!

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
For me the OCI Ack date is Nov-15, it's worrying that even for Nov-9 is not yet processed.!!
They’re still processing Oct.17 in Vancouver. I don’t expect mine to be done for another two weeks. Which will be Christmas so it may delay it further with holidays. I’m hoping for first or second week of January. I fly out on Feb.06 and if I don’t see anything by second week of January I will get an E-Visa just in case.

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
They’re still processing Oct.17 in Vancouver. I don’t expect mine to be done for another two weeks. Which will be Christmas so it may delay it further with holidays. I’m hoping for first or second week of January. I fly out on Feb.06 and if I don’t see anything by second week of January I will get an E-Visa just in case.
What is your timeline

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
What is your timeline
I applied on Oct.28 and got Acknowledged on OCI site (CGI Vancouver) on Nov.08 (for spouse and daughter) and Nov.09 (mine) and has stated under-process on OCI website since. There’s been no change and I don’t expect any for atleast another week (at the earliest) or two. I leave for India on Feb.06 so will wait and if there’s no update by mid-January then I will apply for E-Visa to make sure I have no issues.

sindhuj

Nov 16, 2023
Hi can anyone tell me I applied oci on oct 30 and acknowledged date was November 1 can I get by dec end or Jan first week