+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath timeline after test for Edmonton office March/April/May applicants 2015

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
nope said:
Just as a quick follow-up, Edmonton doesn't seem to have any oath ceremonies scheduled all the way up through February 12th. I don't know if these will be filled in later as they are confirmed, or if they are going to have an extended period of processing, followed by a lot of oath-taking.
How did you know that nope ? Is it on their website? That is long time.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Google 'oath ceremonies Edmonton CIC' or something like that. They don't give you a calendar, but a place where you can search across Canada for a particular day. None in Edmonton -- but I really think that is just because they haven't been scheduled yet.

Don't worry, we'll get ours in January . . .

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
nope said:
Google 'oath ceremonies Edmonton CIC' or something like that. They don't give you a calendar, but a place where you can search across Canada for a particular day. None in Edmonton -- but I really think that is just because they haven't been scheduled yet.

Don't worry, we'll get ours in January . . .
Finger crossed i will keep you posted, you too please let me know of any good news you have ;)

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
To be honest it is all officer dependant. I know someone who's wife and kids were in one application with tons of untranslated stamps and the officer like go have lunch and come for your ceremony at 2pm - same day of test/interview!!. He had his ceremony 2 months later which is again not bad. All in Edmonton office. You do feel happy for others but again you are like how about me why it is taking so long guys!

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
dr_majed8835 said:
To be honest it is all officer dependant. I know someone who's wife and kids were in one application with tons of untranslated stamps and the officer like go have lunch and come for your ceremony at 2pm - same day of test/interview!!. He had his ceremony 2 months later which is again not bad. All in Edmonton office. You do feel happy for others but again you are like how about me why it is taking so long guys!
Yes in Edmonton it is only a mater of luck.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Edmonton office added one cermony inly in January 7 2015. For about three weeks they will have one cermony done. What a nice office we have. Calgary has about 10 oath cermonies. Please share if any one is on of the luckiest oath taker of this ceremony.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
FAAMS said:
Edmonton office added one cermony inly in January 7 2015. For about three weeks they will have one cermony done. What a nice office we have. Calgary has about 10 oath cermonies. Please share if any one is on of the luckiest oath taker of this ceremony.
Eh, that's good news! Maybe now that they've added a ceremony, they'll spend the day putting people into it, and it'll show up in ECAS today or tomorrow.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
nope said:
Eh, that's good news! Maybe now that they've added a ceremony, they'll spend the day putting people into it, and it'll show up in ECAS today or tomorrow.
Yes nope it good news and bad news at the same time. They won't be able to add a lot of people only one ceremony, it is unfair .while other offices have like 10 ceremonies,this is really unfair and wasting for our time.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
As usual no updates in ecase and nothing in the mail/email. I decided to call the call center and the agent did not bother even to check and said you are still within 6 months after the test so just wait. When I insisted they checked and said nothing booked for you. In the interview they tell you ceremony is within 4 months max but many people get it within 2 if not less. I lost hope and I might not even bother checking ecase.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
dr_majed8835 said:
As usual no updates in ecase and nothing in the mail/email. I decided to call the call center and the agent did not bother even to check and said you are still within 6 months after the test so just wait. When I insisted they checked and said nothing booked for you. In the interview they tell you ceremony is within 4 months max but many people get it within 2 if not less. I lost hope and I might not even bother checking ecase.
Hi
Do you have any of the following which applies to you.?

1.Any visits in USA
2.Any visa valid or expired to USA
3.Stamps in your passport which are not in English or French
4.Gaps in your travel documents or currently expired last passport.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
dr_majed8835 said:
I am frustrated because of you and many other applicants who are waiting and waiting for more than three months, as i said before totally unfair.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
I agree with you FAAMS and thanks for your concerns.
Politren I have some of what you mentioned but these are not issues now because I got DM which means it is a matter of scheduling a ceremony day which is taking forever for no reason. CIC agent confirmed that DM = wait for your oath date!

nope

Oct 3, 2015
FAAMS said:
I am frustrated because of you and many other applicants who are waiting and waiting for more than three months, as i said before totally unfair.
Our ECAS just changed to giving us an oath date for January 13th, apparently the letter was sent on Dec. 23rd. So possibly the logjam is breaking up . . .

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
nope said:
Our ECAS just changed to giving us an oath date for January 13th, apparently the letter was sent on Dec. 23rd. So possibly the logjam is breaking up . . .
Congratulations yaaaay

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
What about the rest of you guys?
@ Social w you are June applicant as myself did you get your oath invite ?