+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath timeline after test for Edmonton office March/April/May applicants 2015

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
I'm an April applicant, took the test in September and DM took 1.5 months!!
No oath invite until now. I know DM is a good sign but it is taking so long :(

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
dr_majed8835 said:
I'm an April applicant, took the test in September and DM took 1.5 months!!
No oath invite until now. I know DM is a good sign but it is taking so long :(
There is an applicant here in the forum, end of March 2015 applicant, had the test on November 5 and got oath invitation for December 18 ceremony 2015.
I think you would be the next.

mjdoom

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2015
AOR Received.
3 July 2015
Med's Request
26 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016
Passport Req..
11 May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
13 May 2016
I took my test on Oct 22nd 2015 and decision made on Dec 12,2015. One of the US entry stamps missed on my passport. Hopefully hear for oath shortly.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
I hope so FAAMS!

Mjdoom what did you do about your missing stamp because my wife had similar issue with an entry to our home country with a missing stamp and no airlines itinerary available!

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
mjdoom said:
I took my test on Oct 22nd 2015 and decision made on Dec 12,2015. One of the US entry stamps missed on my passport. Hopefully hear for oath shortly.
Hey majdoom when did you apply? They call for oath now March and April applicants.
As dr_majed said we don't know but hope the oath will be soon.

Wish you best of luck both of you and me too.
Keep us posted please by any good news :)

Asclepius

Dec 9, 2015
Hi Edmonton applicants. The time line seems to be getting better and better as shown by the forum. I filed my application on November 5th and got the AOR via Email on the 19th. That's only two weeks! :eek:
I'll keep updating as I get the test date.
Best of luck to all applicants
warm season wishes

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Asclepius said:
Hi Edmonton applicants. The time line seems to be getting better and better as shown by the forum. I filed my application on November 5th and got the AOR via Email on the 19th. That's only two weeks! :eek:
I'll keep updating as I get the test date.
Best of luck to all applicants
warm season wishes
Wow that is quick congratulations and keep us posted with any good news.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
nope said:
Not a peep from ECAS.
I think Edmonton office forgot about May/June applicants ;D
And no oath ceremonies after December 18 so they are saying to us see you next year.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
No news at all! This doesn't make sense to me at all. Even if the ceremonies will be in the new year we should receive invite at least.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
dr_majed8835 said:
No news at all! This doesn't make sense to me at all. Even if the ceremonies will be in the new year we should receive invite at least.
I don't understand what is going on in Edmonton office, they finalized most of April applicants in December, what they didn't finish them and start to invite May/ June applicants?
Why they didn't send oath invitations for us for the new year?
Edmonton is the worst visa office. Toronto and Montreal sent May and June applicants oath invitations for January , I am so frustrated.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
FAAMS said:
I don't understand what is going on in Edmonton office, they finalized most of April applicants in December, what they didn't finish them and start to invite May/ June applicants?
Why they didn't send oath invitations for us for the new year?
Edmonton is the worst visa office. Toronto and Montreal sent May and June applicants oath invitations for January , I am so frustrated.
I'm frustrated too -- but think of it like this. Remember how in the few months running up to June 11th, everyone was applying as fast as they could? The time to get an AOR kept getting longer. I think people in January and February got AOR after a couple of weeks or so; then April was up to three weeks or so; I applied in early May and got AOR after 5 weeks.

There's a big bulge of applicants moving through the system, and May + 10 days of June is the biggest part of the bulge. It doesn't look like they've worked their way through April yet, I imagine that the three-four weeks it took April to get AORs will equal 2-3 months for tests and oaths. Taking the test and oath is more labour intensive than just opening an application and confirming everything is there.

Plus, people are on vacation now, they are looking forward to some time off, they see the file cabinet groaning with May applications and they think "Eh, I'll open that up when I come back . . ."

Have a good Christmas, everyone!

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
nope said:
I'm frustrated too -- but think of it like this. Remember how in the few months running up to June 11th, everyone was applying as fast as they could? The time to get an AOR kept getting longer. I think people in January and February got AOR after a couple of weeks or so; then April was up to three weeks or so; I applied in early May and got AOR after 5 weeks.

There's a big bulge of applicants moving through the system, and May + 10 days of June is the biggest part of the bulge. It doesn't look like they've worked their way through April yet, I imagine that the three-four weeks it took April to get AORs will equal 2-3 months for tests and oaths. Taking the test and oath is more labour intensive than just opening an application and confirming everything is there.

Plus, people are on vacation now, they are looking forward to some time off, they see the file cabinet groaning with May applications and they think "Eh, I'll open that up when I come back . . ."

Have a good Christmas, everyone!
I agree with every word you said nope. I am one of the June applicants who got their AOR in 8 weeks. I just want to be done and go on with my other life plans.
Anyways good luck to all and Merry Christmas ;D

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Just as a quick follow-up, Edmonton doesn't seem to have any oath ceremonies scheduled all the way up through February 12th. I don't know if these will be filled in later as they are confirmed, or if they are going to have an extended period of processing, followed by a lot of oath-taking.