+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Well US is not any better. I did my Masters degree in US and worked there for 7 years before moving to Canada. Employment based GC/H1-b visa is a nightmare and on top of it all - out of proportion American culture, companies and importantly Guns :). I am glad I took a decision to apply for Canadian PR.

Nothing is perfect in any system, each has its own pitfalls and advantage. Its all about the perspective and what you make out of it.

Again I am not countering you, I am sorry that your feeling this way and I am positive you will have your oath within coming weeks.
agree. keep the patience and wait for the oath letter. it will come, sooner or later. no need to compare with the 2014 applicants, they are lucky to pay more for the speed.

ALane

Aug 2, 2014
Hello longwaitwithrq:

The wording under notes is exactly the same in my last ATIP. But the note under files is: "Location: Pilot decision-Ready". There is no "shelf".

I posted my timeline in the other forum as you suggested.

Cheers and Good Luck.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Thanks for your sympathy my friend.
I don't have any issues with mainstream American culture. We should be more like them, IMO.
I think they are required to give some kind of answer within a reasonable time frame regardless of case complexity. It does not have to be positive , citizenship is a privileged not a right. But they owe the applicant some answer, dragging an applicant processing for years for no reason is utterly unfair.(3 years in my case, 3.5 years in Rayan's case and the most I have seen was close to six years!!). In case they make a negative decision they should give detailed reason why the application was refused allowing the applicant to challenge it.

One more thing is that they have to process applicants in a First In First Out (FIFO) order which means that in no way RQ applicant who applied in 2014 would receive her citizenship months and even years before a 2012 applicant since both cases are defined as "non-routine".

janoo

May 16, 2014
I fully agreed.... and hope CIC can read this forum frustration and injustice done
to may of us... who are waiting from 2011-2012-2013 cases.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supercarp said:
agree. keep the patience and wait for the oath letter. it will come, sooner or later. no need to compare with the 2014 applicants, they are lucky to pay more for the speed.
I would have been willing to pay 200$ extra just to have my file resolved in a reasonable time-frame and have it processed in First In First Out (FIFO) order , rather then the twisted Last In First Out (LIFO) order which is currently applied to 2011-2013 applicants. In fact, if I am willing to send a cheque right now just to have this nightmare behind me.LOL

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985259&tp=1

Remaining Citizenship Act reforms coming into force
June 5, 2015 — Ottawa, ON — A final suite of reforms to strengthen and modernize Canada's citizenship laws will be fully in force as of June 11, 2015. The changes – part of a package of measures approved by Parliament last year – ensure new citizens can fully and quickly participate in Canada's economy and Canadian society.

The first set of provisions that came into force last summer to strengthen Canadian citizenship and speed up application processing times are already paying off. New citizenship applications are being finalized in a year or less, and it is expected that the backlog of older files will have been eliminated by the end of this fiscal year. Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.

Among the many benefits of the government's citizenship reforms, the new provisions will deter citizens of convenience – those who become citizens for the sake of having a Canadian passport to return to Canada to access taxpayer-funded benefits that come with citizenship status, without having any attachment to Canada, or contributing to the economy.

Key changes include (in force June 11, 2015):

Adult applicants must now be physically present in Canada for at least 1,460 days (four years) during the six years before the date of their application, and they must be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days in each of four calendar years within the qualifying period. This is aimed at ensuring that citizenship applicants develop a strong attachment to Canada.
Applicants between the ages of 14 and 64 must meet basic knowledge and language requirements. This is aimed at ensuring that more new citizens are better prepared for life in Canada.
Citizenship will be automatically extended to additional “Lost Canadians” on June 11th, who were born before 1947, and did not become citizens on January 1, 1947 when the first Canadian Citizenship Act came into effect. This will also apply to their children born in the first generation outside Canada.
Adult applicants must declare their intent to reside in Canada once they become citizens and meet their personal income tax obligations in order to be eligible for citizenship.
To help improve program integrity, there are now stronger penalties for fraud and misrepresentation (to a maximum fine of $100,000 and/or up to five years in prison). This is aimed at deterring unscrupulous applicants who are prepared to misrepresent themselves, or advise others to do so.
The newly-designated Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) is the new regulatory body for citizenship consultants. Only members of the ICCRC, lawyers or notaries (including paralegals and students at law) can be paid to provide citizenship applicants with representation or advice.
New application forms, aligned with the new rules for eligibility, will be available on the CIC website as of June 11, 2015. Any applications received using the old forms and applications received after June 10, 2015 will be returned to the applicant.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Moe... said:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985259&tp=1

Remaining Citizenship Act reforms coming into force
June 5, 2015 — Ottawa, ON — A final suite of reforms to strengthen and modernize Canada's citizenship laws will be fully in force as of June 11, 2015. The changes – part of a package of measures approved by Parliament last year – ensure new citizens can fully and quickly participate in Canada's economy and Canadian society.

The first set of provisions that came into force last summer to strengthen Canadian citizenship and speed up application processing times are already paying off. New citizenship applications are being finalized in a year or less, and it is expected that the backlog of older files will have been eliminated by the end of this fiscal year. Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.

Among the many benefits of the government's citizenship reforms, the new provisions will deter citizens of convenience – those who become citizens for the sake of having a Canadian passport to return to Canada to access taxpayer-funded benefits that come with citizenship status, without having any attachment to Canada, or contributing to the economy.

Key changes include (in force June 11, 2015):

Adult applicants must now be physically present in Canada for at least 1,460 days (four years) during the six years before the date of their application, and they must be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days in each of four calendar years within the qualifying period. This is aimed at ensuring that citizenship applicants develop a strong attachment to Canada.
Applicants between the ages of 14 and 64 must meet basic knowledge and language requirements. This is aimed at ensuring that more new citizens are better prepared for life in Canada.
Citizenship will be automatically extended to additional “Lost Canadians” on June 11th, who were born before 1947, and did not become citizens on January 1, 1947 when the first Canadian Citizenship Act came into effect. This will also apply to their children born in the first generation outside Canada.
Adult applicants must declare their intent to reside in Canada once they become citizens and meet their personal income tax obligations in order to be eligible for citizenship.
To help improve program integrity, there are now stronger penalties for fraud and misrepresentation (to a maximum fine of $100,000 and/or up to five years in prison). This is aimed at deterring unscrupulous applicants who are prepared to misrepresent themselves, or advise others to do so.
The newly-designated Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) is the new regulatory body for citizenship consultants. Only members of the ICCRC, lawyers or notaries (including paralegals and students at law) can be paid to provide citizenship applicants with representation or advice.
New application forms, aligned with the new rules for eligibility, will be available on the CIC website as of June 11, 2015. Any applications received using the old forms and applications received after June 10, 2015 will be returned to the applicant.

Hiiiii...It is really great news :D :D :D ..I am so glad about the last line in the second paragraph ..but my question ..does that includes non-routine cases ...I applied in Feb. 13, 2014 ..did my test in June 2014 ..got 20/20 ..in July CIC asked for copy of my passport which I provided ..till today no news ..no oath ..nothing ..

So shall I start dream that my case will be solved by maximum Mar. 31, 2016 ??????????

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tbb said:
Hi All,
Oath letter came , it was sent on june 02, oath is on the 19th. ecas not updated
Hi Tbb many Congratulations to you. Had you requested ATIP recently? Was your file waiting at Level 2 approval?

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Hi everyone

i just got a new ATIP in my inbox .

on my previous ATIP :

-Preliminary review completed and referred to level II for final decision on Feb 18 , 2015 ( file's location : pilot decision ready)
-all security and immigration clearances renewed on March 30 , 2015

New ATIP

-File assigned to officer XXXXXX for review and analysis ( officer's name & T2) i believe T2 stands for level II 2 officer . ( MAy 1st , 2015)
- file's location changed from pilot decision ready to XXXXXX ( officer's name & T2) May 1st , 2015

Under correspondence section :

Citizenship application records of decision ( draft was created ) on May 8, 2015

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
I just searched for citizenship record of decision on CIC website , and I found this:

Positive decision
Citizenship officer

When a citizenship officer renders a positive decision (i.e., grants citizenship), the appropriate box on the CIT 0065 Citizenship Application Record of Decision (CARD) or CIT 0524 Decision of the Minister’s Delegate (Section 5) is checked, and the officer signs and dates the form.

Please note that a signature stamp is not acceptable, and should not be used on a CARD or decision form.

Once citizenship is granted, a date can be arranged for the oath of citizenship.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freebird3000 said:
Thanks . i hope the level 2 officer to render a positive decision .
just wait and see .
Hopes are high for you. You should be getting your oath soon. Please keep us informed.