+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALane said:
Dear Forum Members:

I posted only a few times in this forum but I followed it very closely since last year. Last week, I received my invitation for Oath Ceremony in Scarborough for June 8th. :)

My Timeline is as follows:

Application: Sep 2012
RQ: 18/06/2013
RQ replied in July 2013
Citizenship test: 07/02/2014
Oath Letter: 25/05/2015

I requested ATIP 7 times since mid-2014. Only the last one that I requested in March this year said that my RQ preliminary assessment was completed and sent for Level 2 decision making. My case was somewhat different from most of you because I was working in Australia. My wife and daughter also got RQ but their files were never sent from Scarborough to St. Claire. They did their citizenship test three months after me (May 2014) and they got their citizenship one month later. So, my assumption was that my file process was delayed because I had moved to Australia.

Cheers.
Hearty congrats Fellow September 2012 applicant. :)

I don't think your file was delayed comparing to your wife and daughter (who also got an RQ) because your were working in Australia. The reason for the delay is that you are male and they are female. There seems to be a policy to process male applicants with more scrutiny. We have witnessed it for many applicants now.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
Hi Alane.....congratulations.... I also received my oath inside for the same day morning 10:30AM.
thanks
BalajiR you got oath invitation too? If you have got it already many Congratulations to you. Please provide us with your timeline and update it in your signature.

Had you requested ATIP recently? Did they send your file to Level 2 also? Please let us know. Thank you.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my oath invite last week and scheduled to take oath next week. timeline in my signature.

I have requested my ATIP and have not received it yet. I'll keep you posted.

Moe... said:
BalajiR you got oath invitation too? If you have got it already many Congratulations to you. Please provide us with your timeline and update it in your signature.

Had you requested ATIP recently? Did they send your file to Level 2 also? Please let us know. Thank you.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Got the latest ATIP today. No progress since April 2014. Nobody has touched my file.
Sorry to hear that. Seems like you were less fortunate even then the rest of us unfortunates. Some rq applicants who applied later than you in 2012 already received oaths (Balajir) and even 2013 applicants with RQ have their file approved (Vinaypuri) . I suggest going for Mandamus and if you win ask for a refund of legal fees. :)

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Got the latest ATIP today. No progress since April 2014. Nobody has touched my file.
Hi Rayan, was going thru your posts to find your timeline to see if your timeline is similar to ours, but cant see your timeline, please can you share it with us, is your file at St Clair, what is the status and the location of your file ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi received my atip report just now I need some one explain :-

Description :Client requires first test event at Scarborough CIC before residency assessment can be completed.

File to be referred to local CIC.

Responsible office Scarborough Citizenship operation.

my file was at st.clair and waiting since 41months...

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi received my atip report just now I need some one explain :-

Description :Client requires first test event at Scarborough CIC before residency assessment can be completed.

File to be referred to local CIC.

Responsible office Scarborough Citizenship operation.

my file was at st.clair and waiting since 41months...
I may be wrong but it looks like they are saying that u need to pass the test first before they can review RQ since as per the new efficient system, they will spend more time on RQ only if you show up and pass the test. I read somewhere that this was one of the issues that they cleared the RQ and background checks etc and then the applicant failed the test or abandoned the application hence wasting the entire effort of CIC.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
longwaitwithrq said:
Hi Rayan, was going thru your posts to find your timeline to see if your timeline is similar to ours, but cant see your timeline, please can you share it with us, is your file at St Clair, what is the status and the location of your file ?
Applied in Jan 2012.
RQ'd in Sept 2012.
Wrote the test in late April 2014.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
Sorry to hear that. Seems like you were less fortunate even then the rest of us unfortunates. Some rq applicants who applied later than you in 2012 already received oaths (Balajir) and even 2013 applicants with RQ have their file approved (Vinaypuri) . I suggest going for Mandamus and if you win ask for a refund of legal fees. :)
It is outrageous to pay 3-5K dollars when it is something that should be given to me based on my own merits for free (even though I paid the processing fee).

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
It is outrageous to pay 3-5K dollars when it is something that should be given to me based on my own merits for free (even though I paid the processing fee).
I wont pay even if I can. Rather take a vacation in Mexico :). You have lived without a Canadian pp for many years. 1 more year should not be bothersome.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I wont pay even if I can. Rather take a vacation in Mexico :). You have lived without a Canadian pp for many years. 1 more year should not be bothersome.
I honestly and actually don't care about the Canadian passport that much. I am happy with the passport I currently have. I just need the Cdn citizenship for a line of work in the federal govt. I often think it was a mistake to settle in Canada. I should've gone to the United States or the UK. Would've made more money and would have been a citizen by now. Meh.... I am not paying these a$$holes to get my citizenship. But I am willing to go do a sit-in across the CIC office if only 4-5 people join me.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
I honestly and actually don't care about the Canadian passport that much. I am happy with the passport I currently have. I just need the Cdn citizenship for a line of work in the federal govt. I often think it was a mistake to settle in Canada. I should've gone to the United States or the UK. Would've made more money and would have been a citizen by now. Meh.... I am not paying these a$$holes to get my citizenship. But I am willing to go do a sit-in across the CIC office if only 4-5 people join me.
Well US is not any better. I did my Masters degree in US and worked there for 7 years before moving to Canada. Employment based GC/H1-b visa is a nightmare and on top of it all - out of proportion American culture, companies and importantly Guns :). I am glad I took a decision to apply for Canadian PR.

Nothing is perfect in any system, each has its own pitfalls and advantage. Its all about the perspective and what you make out of it.

Again I am not countering you, I am sorry that your feeling this way and I am positive you will have your oath within coming weeks.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Well US is not any better. I did my Masters degree in US and worked there for 7 years before moving to Canada. Employment based GC/H1-b visa is a nightmare and on top of it all - out of proportion American culture, companies and importantly Guns :). I am glad I took a decision to apply for Canadian PR.

Nothing is perfect in any system, each has its own pitfalls and advantage. Its all about the perspective and what you make out of it.

Again I am not countering you, I am sorry that your feeling this way and I am positive you will have your oath within coming weeks.
Thanks for your sympathy my friend.
I don't have any issues with mainstream American culture. We should be more like them, IMO.

ALane

Aug 2, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Congrats Alane. Happy for you. Do you know when 2nd level decision was made on your file? I was told by agent that decision is made on my app on May 12th and it is under security refresh, If I knoe your dates I may be able to estimate my oath dare..
Hello Vinaypuri,

In my ATIP dated 11/03/2015 it was said that my file has been referred for 2nd level decision making but I did now have any ATIP afterwards. Probably in a few weeks you will get yours. Cheers.