+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I got my oath letter in the mail today, it was sent April 21. My oath is on May 05th.

I submitted my application in Scarborough in October 2012, got RQ in July 2013 (transferred to St Clair), did my test in February 2014, got asked for additional documents in February 2015 from St Clair, and now invited to Oath on May 05th in Mississauga.

Thanks to everyone here for the great information and the support. I will still be on this site for any questions.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation... thanks again....

hope my pain will also over my file in 40 months...

any progress in this week kindly all update ...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Is there merit in withdrawing an application and re-submitting it?
I heard conflicting opinions about withdrawing the file and re-applying from different people.

Some were of opinion that unless you were short on the minimum required days for eligibility, withdrawing the application may raise suspicions and the new application may go through the same or more scrutiny just to ascertain why its been re-applied.

On other side, some says since you will be paying more fee, it might encourage CIC to process your application much faster.

Its difficult to predict the monkey business of CIC and their style of working. I share your pain, our lives were left in hanging due to callous attitude of CIC. May be after Federal Elections, thing might improve.

janoo

May 16, 2014
If you are sure that you meet the resident requirement than stay at your course..

if you re apply you will be get the same treatment, RQ, finger print, long

waiting time, non routine application..

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I heard conflicting opinions about withdrawing the file and re-applying from different people.

Some were of opinion that unless you were short on the minimum required days for eligibility, withdrawing the application may raise suspicions and the new application may go through the same or more scrutiny just to ascertain why its been re-applied.

On other side, some says since you will be paying more fee, it might encourage CIC to process your application much faster.

Its difficult to predict the monkey business of CIC and their style of working. I share you pain, our lives were left in hanging due to callous attitude of CIC. May be after Federal Elections, thing might improve.
Are you at your 39th month mark as well?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Is there merit in withdrawing an application and re-submitting it?
Sorry to say this friend but it seems to me like something really went wrong with your application in CIC. The reason I am saying is that we are seeing mid to late 2012 applicants getting oaths or ATIP showing some progress. Earlier applicants have been who have not receive oaths yet are receiving some kind of communication from CIC (CIT 0520 , second RQ etc.)
I suggest you call the CIC call center and try to extract as much information as you can...perhaps they just lost your file.

janoo

May 16, 2014
I got atip report stating file under officer review since November 2014.

contacted CIC last week stating file under security clearance RCMP,

waiting for last 40 months, I do not need any test due to my age..

contacted several time MP same answer contacted case specific query same reply

contacted minister same reply wait file in process.

I do not know how long file still at st.claire.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coingratulations canadiansoon......... finally......

canadiansoon said:
I got my oath letter in the mail today, it was sent April 21. My oath is on May 05th.

I submitted my application in Scarborough in October 2012, got RQ in July 2013 (transferred to St Clair), did my test in February 2014, got asked for additional documents in February 2015 from St Clair, and now invited to Oath on May 05th in Mississauga.

Thanks to everyone here for the great information and the support. I will still be on this site for any questions.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Are you at your 39th month mark as well?
Yes, almost there, applied in Feb 2012, RQ in Sep 2012, passed test in Mar 2014 and since then hanging there. Its just terrible and helpless situation.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, that means your Citizenship has been approved. You should be celebrating, wait for official Oath letter now.
thank you canadian 2006 . are you sure about that ?

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
BalajiR said:
Congratulations.....Its been approved and just scheduling for oath........
thank you Balajir are you sur ? because i got one month ago my ATIP but i did not received any news yet ?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

This doesn't make any sense to me.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Yes, almost there, applied in Feb 2012, RQ in Sep 2012, passed test in Mar 2014 and since then hanging there. Its just terrible and helpless situation.
I started to feel hopeful seeing all this late 2012 applicants have their cases approved . But after reading your post as well as Rayan's case maybe this wave of warm optimism is premature. According to your timelines I might be expecting to be delayed into 2016.