Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
neutral said:
This doesn't make any sense to me.
CIC's work style seems to be secretive, strange and just unpredictable. Some candidates waiting close to 4 years even after submitting the requested documents multiple times. They are yet to see any progress in their cases on pretext that each case is different.

Under such circumstances and guidelines, individuals may make their own informed decisions.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ItkExpert said:
I started to feel hopeful seeing all this late 2012 applicants have their cases approved . But after reading your post as well as Rayan's case maybe this wave of warm optimism is premature. According to your timelines I might be expecting to be delayed into 2016.
Well, not necessarily everybody case will be delayed but its indeed a terrible waiting game. CIC work shrouded in mystery with complete unpredictability, as a result most of the candidature are going through the similar torture helplessly. As a fellow sufferer, I encourage you to hang on, hopefully sooner or later we will be over this. ;D

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
CIC's work style seems to be secretive, strange and just unpredictable. Some candidates waiting close to 4 years even after submitting the requested documents multiple times. They are yet to see any progress in their cases on pretext that each case is different.

Under such circumstances and guidelines, individuals may make their own informed decisions.
I invite you and the other readers to have a look in the thread "Proof for residency is case is destined for hearing with citizenship judge " . There is a discussion there about reasons for which CIC subjects applicants for long delays . maybe some applicants can gain useful insight from that discussion .

janoo

May 16, 2014
Any suggestion how long I have to wait now my file is under RCMP clearance

waiting what next after that...my file pending since 40 months.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ItkExpert said:
I invite you and the other readers to have a look in the thread "Proof for residency is case is destined for hearing with citizenship judge " . There is a discussion there about reasons for which CIC subjects applicants for long delays . maybe some applicants can gain useful insight from that discussion .
Thanks, Yes, I'm waiting for hearing with the Citizenship judge. I tried to be over cautious, used a professional immigration consultant who misled me and submitted my application with couple of months short of minimum required days. As a result, I ended up in this mess. ;D

janoo

May 16, 2014
what is the time line.... if you have few days short ? than o.k. if more than 90 days
than better to apply again ???

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
what is the time line.... if you have few days short ? than o.k. if more than 90 days
than better to apply again ???
Only after receiving the first ATIP report, I realized, that I'm 59 days short of eligibility. Since I had few overseas assignments, I thought of hiring an immigration attorney to avoid any misrepresentation but his screwed up the entire calculations and mess up every thing.

Later on, I did myself for my family and kids, they all got citizenship 6 months back without any issues. Had I done it myself, I would have read the rules carefully, saved money, avoided such hassles and had become citizen long time back. ;D ;D ;D

However, I had been living in the country for long, got strong ties here to prove and hoping that would help me through this ordeal.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes 59 days short you can explain honestly inform that this error from the

my immigration lawyer and hopefully you will be go through ? any idea when you

have to meet the CJ judge ? what is your time line...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
Yes 59 days short you can explain honestly inform that this error from the

my immigration lawyer and hopefully you will be go through ? any idea when you

have to meet the CJ judge ? what is your time line...
Applied in Feb'12, RQ in Sep'12, Passed test in Mar'14 and since then waiting. I have all proof of tenancy contracts, health and other records to support my base has been Canada. So, just waiting for CJ hearing to see which is taking for ever.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not unusual for people with RQs to wait 2-3 months after the application for Citizenship is granted or approved. you should have your invite in the next few weeks......

Don't worry. All the best......

farhadf80 said:
thank you Balajir are you sur ? because i got one month ago my ATIP but i did not received any news yet ?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Only after receiving the first ATIP report, I realized, that I'm 59 days short of eligibility. Since I had few overseas assignments, I thought of hiring an immigration attorney to avoid any misrepresentation but his screwed up the entire calculations and mess up every thing.
If it's a fact that you're 59 days short, why haven't you withdraw your application time ago?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

I would be much happier if they just denied me. I'll re-apply. But it is unfair and unethical to keep us hanging.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neutral said:
If it's a fact that you're 59 days short, why haven't you withdraw your application time ago?
I agree. If you are a shortfall applicant is makes sense to withdraw your application and reapply. You will be probably be dragged to a citizenship judge ,which can take who knows how many months ,and get rejected . If you reapply , given that new applications are handled very quickly, it should not more than a few months to a year (if theere are some bumps) plus there is a much higher probability for a positive outcome

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
I agree. If you are a shortfall applicant is makes sense to withdraw your application and reapply. You will be probably be dragged to a citizenship judge ,which can take who knows how many months ,and get rejected . If you reapply , given that new applications are handled very quickly, it should not more than a few months to a year (if theere are some bumps) plus there is a much higher probability for a positive outcome
You don't have to withdraw. Just re-apply. See this -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
neutral said:
I passed the test in March 2014, about 7 months back I learnt about the ATIP report. Once I got my first report I realized the blunder made by my attorney about 59 days shortage.

Readers from this forum and other advised, in most cases if you have strong ties to country such shortage will be accepted. More ever, having waited for so long, it was not worth to re-apply and wait for years.