+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Question:

My oath is on May 5th. My PR card expires May 3rd. Can I come to Canada on May 2nd without any problems or is there a minimum time before expiry that I need to be back?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiansoon said:
Question:

My oath is on May 5th. My PR card expires May 3rd. Can I come to Canada on May 2nd without any problems or is there a minimum time before expiry that I need to be back?
You can come back until May 3rd. If you are confident you can make it before 12 midnight across the border then no issues.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canadiansoon said:
Question:

Be safe than sorry, considering possibility of flight delays due to weather etc, if possible try to come few days early and avoid the last minute hassles. Dont take any chances.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Thank you all very much for your suggestions and advice, they were really helpful. I have requested the entry/exit records from the U.S from the Dept of homeland security website. As i understand it is going to take at least 1 month before I receive anything back, so as suggested by some of you I am going to send CIC a registered letter that show the request has been made and that I probably won't be able to meet the 30 day deadline. I am going to contact my MP as I believe this particular officer has already sent me 3 letters since January each requesting different things when he could have asked for all of these at once. Is this a deliberate action on his part to delay my application even further? I don't know.

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
What's your nationality?

djoli said:
Hi all,

Thank you all very much for your suggestions and advice, they were really helpful. I have requested the entry/exit records from the U.S from the Dept of homeland security website. As i understand it is going to take at least 1 month before I receive anything back, so as suggested by some of you I am going to send CIC a registered letter that show the request has been made and that I probably won't be able to meet the 30 day deadline. I am going to contact my MP as I believe this particular officer has already sent me 3 letters since January each requesting different things when he could have asked for all of these at once. Is this a deliberate action on his part to delay my application even further? I don't know.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Hi all,

Unfortunately it seems to me like you are deliberately targeted .... Making you run back and forth like are rabbit for getting documents and giving you impossible timeline seems like a method to wear you down and eventually cause you to withdraw your application. This is a common methods use by bosses to fire employees they don't like : they given them huge workloads and impossible deadlines expecting them fail which will make them look bad infornt upper management which will eventually give the boss the pretext they need for dismissal.

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI. Djoili..

Hope you have already requested the information from USA, we hope you will get

much earlier than requested but in meantime you have some sort of proof that you have

already requested, attached that proof and send the letter by courier service ask for

signature spend few dollars and get the signature for your record and than once they

receive also call CIC and get the confirmation that they have received your letter

once they receive you may request ATIP report which explain to you your current status

on the file.. do not give up... and hope that you will be

achieve what you have dream for 42 months.....

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
This is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October XX 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October XX, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February XX, 2013.

I got an RQ in July 2013

4. We sent you a notice on January XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Passed the test 20/20, met with an officer to go through my documents.

February 2015: they asked me for additional documents relating to taxes, transcripts, and translation of all pages of my passport. They gave me a month for it

5. We sent you a letter on March 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I never got that last letter they said they sent

6. We sent you a notice on April 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVER

DJOLI: Maybe this is the last round of documents they will ask.

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Help please..
I received my atip report yesterday. My file was transferred for review back in june 2014. In this atip it says the name of the reviewer and that she sent it to a mentor for a review and that was back in january.

I have been waiting for 42 months.

Can someone help me and explain what does that mean.
Ps/ hearing section is still not required
Decisions are still pending
All checks are up to date

Thank you in advance and i really appreciate your help and support.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hi Nyork. I am not sure what this mean, but the last note from my ATIP says "RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision." The note is from February. I have seen a couple of people on various forums having similar notes.

Applicaiton: April 2012
Text: Feb 2013 (RQ given on the test)
RQ and documents sent back in March

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
hi every body . whats the meaning OFFICIAL'S GRANTORS DECISION GRANTED .? in my ATIP

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
farhadf80 said:
hi every body . whats the meaning OFFICIAL'S GRANTORS DECISION GRANTED .? in my ATIP
Congrats !!!, that means your Citizenship has been approved. You should be celebrating, wait for official Oath letter now.