+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
Hi All:
Anyone here has any experience of getting CIT 0520 form? Also, is there any idea how long does it take to get the oath letter once you send all the requested documents?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lots of people have been getting form CIT0520 and there is a thread in this forum on CIT0520 so you might want to join it. Thanks

torontorian said:
Hi All:
Anyone here has any experience of getting CIT 0520 form? Also, is there any idea how long does it take to get the oath letter once you send all the requested documents?

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I applied in October 2012, received RQ in September 2013, passed Test in February 2014. Today I got a notice that I need to provide additional documents (Notices of Assessment, education transcripts, and official translation of foreign stamps on my passport.) They had these documents from the RQ but one can never argue...

How long do people with such experience waited after? Is this good/bad news?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have the same timeline as yours. But I have not got the request for additional documents. From what I understand, they are processing them within 2-3 months after the documents are sent.

thanks

canadiansoon said:
I applied in October 2012, received RQ in September 2013, passed Test in February 2014. Today I got a notice that I need to provide additional documents (Notices of Assessment, education transcripts, and official translation of foreign stamps on my passport.) They had these documents from the RQ but one can never argue...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canadiansoon said:

These all are intentional attempts of CIC to delay processing on one or other pretext. Its terrible but we all are in this helpless situation.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is form CIT0520 I was asked to submit the same kind of documents.

canadiansoon said:

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I could not agree more. What was the point of blindly giving people RQs in the first place. It is now obvious that they did review the RQs because they realized they asked for too much. Everything that was in the RQ was again asked for in CIT0520, what a waste of peoples time considering that most of us spend weeks and weeks to prepare the RQ documents, ridiculous.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
These all are intentional attempts of CIC to delay processing on one or other pretext. Its terrible but we all are in this helpless situation.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Anyone here knows how long mandamus process takes in term of time from start to end in average?
The old applications are taking long time and it is not fair.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
djoli said:
I could not agree more. What was the point of blindly giving people RQs in the first place. It is now obvious that they did review the RQs because they realized they asked for too much. Everything that was in the RQ was again asked for in CIT0520, what a waste of peoples time considering that most of us spend weeks and weeks to prepare the RQ documents, ridiculous.
CIC asking the same set of questions again after torturing the candidates for over 3 years is as ridiculous as the show Wrestling matches. Where the losing wrestler down on the floor lifts his hand or leg just when the final whistle is about to go just to prolong the show. ;D ;D ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
AK111 said:
Anyone here knows how long mandamus process takes in term of time from start to end in average?
The old applications are taking long time and it is not fair.
I recall from earlier postings on this & other forums, its takes about 2 months from start to finish and costs anything between $5000 - $7000 depending upon the attorney.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I recall from earlier postings on this & other forums, its takes about 2 months from start to finish and costs anything between $5000 - $7000 depending upon the attorney.
I heard the same about the cost but in other posts saying it is about 6 to 7 months. I hope it is 2 months only. Thanks Canadiandesi2006 for sharing. Hope to get more info about this topic.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
AK111 said:
I heard the same about the cost but in other posts saying it is about 6 to 7 months. I hope it is 2 months only. Thanks Canadiandesi2006 for sharing. Hope to get more info about this topic.
Please search with word "Mandamus" they are many posting on this and other sites which gives you an idea surrounding this.

Here is my old posting of over 6 months, it may assist you someway.

Under the law called "Mandamus" permanent residents and Citizens can sue the governments. Candidates from the other forum stated after waiting for years, they filed the "Mandamus" against the CIC. Their attorneys charged them around $3,500 but after filing it within a month they got their Oath letters.

However, through "Mandamus" petition, the court only instructs CIC to immediately process the file but outcome depends upon individuals files.

They used attorneys - "Lorne Waldman", Down Town Toronto based attorney and other was "Michael Batista", I'm sure other immigration attorneys too might handles such cases but individuals fees may varies.

In case if you need here is the URL for other site : https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13758&KW=59+days&PID=222685&title=post-test-rq-receipients-only-since-2009#222685

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
canadiansoon said:

I received the same, CIT0520, almost a month ago. Notice of assessment form CRA, original transcripts from the schools I attended, Bank/Credit statements, and rental/lease agreements were the documents I was asked to submit to support my residency during the famous 1095 days.

You can take this notice in both ways, good or bad.
It is bad because the documents you attached previously were not enough to make a decision by an officer. If you can't give a satisfactory response, you might be called for a haring by a CJ in 2 to 6 months, which is too long since new files are being approved in six months, in these days.
It is good because your file is assigned to an specific officer. A satisfactory response may result in issuing the oath letter within 30 to 60 days.

Stay positive, as I am, though I know the frustration.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

I just called CIC after few months, they are saying that an officer was assigned to my file in Jan and they are still reviewing the RQ. Do we know how much time normally they take to review? Any luck with anyone?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinay

I've read the same from a couple of others who posted in this forum. Even mine shows that it was assigned to an officer on Jan 14th. Yesterday I called them and the rep told me that my file was assigned to an officer for second review for final time and security checks are in progress as my current ones expired. So seems to be that quite a few files have been assigned to be reviewed. I'm guessing they got to a point finally where there cann't ignore all our files and so we'll be getting there.

I'm hoping for the best.

thanks

vinaypuri said:
Hello Folks,

I just called CIC after few months, they are saying that an officer was assigned to my file in Jan and they are still reviewing the RQ. Do we know how much time normally they take to review? Any luck with anyone?