+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontores said:
Just wondering, is your case approved by CJ already? How do you know your case is sent back to St. Clair?
They said it is approved ... then i called again yesterday and asked them whether my oath is scheduled or not yet .. I have told that my file is sent back to st Clair for reviewing.

When you call them ask them if your file is sent to Scarborough (where they schedule the oath ceremony )

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I have been waiting oath letter since 5 months at the time told me it will take 5-6 weeks!!!
Atip says my file on waiting for more docs shelf?? Which I have no freaking idea what docs they are waiting for?!!!! I have totally lost my hope? Is this what we suppose to feel to be Canadian citizen?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
So Concerned said:
I have been waiting oath letter since 5 months at the time told me it will take 5-6 weeks!!!
Atip says my file on waiting for more docs shelf?? Which I have no freaking idea what docs they are waiting for?!!!! I have totally lost my hope? Is this what we suppose to feel to be Canadian citizen?
Every other government department have Ombudsmen / agencies to monitor their performances except the CIC that works with impunity, unaccountability and no time frame. Perhaps CIC silences everyone by claiming the work load and security concerns as reason for the delay. But fact seems greed for unlimited budget, protecting fat salaried bosses and thousands of snail paced federal workers.

When the candidates meets all the criteria, paid fees, got physical days and clean chit from our security agencies, yet holding their files indefinitely under the pretext of processing is unjustified. Agreed, security is everyone major concern but if it is secured other things should not take ages for simple pushing the papers. It causing lot of frustration and uncertainty for candidates waiting for citizenship.

Hope better sense prevail over the big bosses of CIC to understand the pain their inflicting on the candidates to wait infinitely.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
larine said:
They said it is approved ... then i called again yesterday and asked them whether my oath is scheduled or not yet .. I have told that my file is sent back to st Clair for reviewing.

When you call them ask them if your file is sent to Scarborough (where they schedule the oath ceremony )
I call them about 10 days ago, after I got my ATIP result. On my ATIP result, I can see after the CJ's approval, the case came back to CIC officer to sigh off, so probably your case is under this procedure.

fanyang166

Feb 7, 2014
I've been ordering ATIP reports back-to-back like non-stop ( not that I recommend it to everyone), finally, the last one says my app has been approved and my citizenship status has been granted. All these wonderful changes in my case file happened on June 19th, which is almost a month ago, however, I have yet to receive oath letter. I guess there is a huge line up for oath right now. So people shouldn't be too worried if they haven't received oath letter yet and speculate something bad might happen. alternatively, Just call CIC or order ATIP report to be make things clear.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
fanyang166 said:
I've been ordering ATIP reports back-to-back like non-stop ( not that I recommend it to everyone), finally, the last one says my app has been approved and my citizenship status has been granted. All these wonderful changes in my case file happened on June 19th, which is almost a month ago, however, I have yet to receive oath letter. I guess there is a huge line up for oath right now. So people shouldn't be too worried if they haven't received oath letter yet and speculate something bad might happen. alternatively, Just call CIC or order ATIP report to be make things clear.
Can you share you timeline?thanks.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
My case is approved and I am also waiting for the oath.

I am planning a trip abroad for 10 days, however, a bit worry here, if I get oath recently and the trip is scheduled around then, is it possible that my PR is taken away on the ceremony and the passport is not ready yet, in that case how can I come back here from my trip?

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontores,

It is hard to predict when you will receive your oath date. I assume that you are planning to take your oath and then travel. Perhaps you have some flexibility in setting your travel date. In that case why not delay your travel date by about two weeks? You may apply for your Canadian passport 2 days after oath. If you apply for your passport in person, it will take about 2 weeks to arrive.

You have to submit your PR card during your oath ceremony. Thereafter if you travel on a non-Canadian passport, you may face problem to re-enter Canada. Your citizenship certificate is not a travel document.

My advice is that you should wait until you get your Canadian passport

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I am wondering if those still waiting for their oath letters should renew the PR cards lets if they are bound to expire after 6 months?

fanyang166

Feb 7, 2014
torontores said:
My case is approved and I am also waiting for the oath.

I am planning a trip abroad for 10 days, however, a bit worry here, if I get oath recently and the trip is scheduled around then, is it possible that my PR is taken away on the ceremony and the passport is not ready yet, in that case how can I come back here from my trip?
I know there is an expedited passport service which could give you the new passport in 2 or 3 business days, for some extra fee of course.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What time did you write the test. I wrote the same day. Timelines? What does your ATIP say?

larine said:
if the agent says the result is uploaded and sent to Scarborough .. doesnt mean you will get called very soon. the file can be sent back to local office (st clair)

This what I got this week

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
Hi JTM,

Thank you for your advice.

I actually have waited for 4 months since I passed the test in March, it seems anytime I may got the oath, but it ends up nothing happened.

Now I really want to plan my trip, I do not want to go abroad in winter, that is not a good timing for travel, however, I need to take my vacation by the end of this year, if I stay at home to wait for this letter and eventuallly I do not get it, then I waste this year's vacation.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
I am wondering if those still waiting for their oath letters should renew the PR cards lets if they are bound to expire after 6 months?
Hopefully you may get your Oath letter much before yet to be on safer side its advisable to have your PR renewed.