+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
bravepeople said:
Thank you too Moe. You initiated this forum 5.5 month ago and there were 182,000 times view from it by now which means that was a good idea.

Your data is updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

@ Utarkashi: Did you have RQ? if yes, give the date you sent back it to CIC.
@ Marylulu: what is the date " processing started" in your case? (not the date you applied). please share if you wish.
Processing started: Feb 2013.
Thanks.

jwzc

Jul 17, 2014
It is alomst 6 month after test and I still haven't received any letter from CIC.

Processing started: December 21, 2012
RQ sent back: February 2013
Citizenship test: January 31, 2014 @ St Clair
Oath: Waiting........

Halawala

Mar 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jwzc said:
It is alomst 6 month after test and I still haven't received any letter from CIC.

Processing started: December 21, 2012
RQ sent back: February 2013
Citizenship test: January 31, 2014 @ St Clair
Oath: Waiting........
That's really frustrating.
What's your home office?

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
I checked it online, there is 14 ceremonies held at Scarborough from Jul 16 to the end of this month, how come there are very few people here get oath.

Is there any way we can remind them we are in line....?

safy

Jul 6, 2014
Hey Guys,
I had my test today and I passed. However during the interview, the officer did not verify or even check any documents. She only checked the original passport, PR card, etc just to verify against the photocopies she had on file and my identity. She had my entire file that I had provided with the RQ response and all the supporting documents.

The only question she asked me was tell me what I do.. I spoke for 1 min about my work. Then she said, "your file has not been reviewed yet, and someone needs to review it". No idea what that means. Nothing about a judge, or oath or next steps.
Even before she asked me the question, she did not look at any stamps in the passport or question me on my travel. It was as if she had made her mind even before she saw me that she could not review.

I asked how long it will take, and she was like - no idea, maybe couple of months, very vague. Once "someone" has reviewed, they will update the file.

No indication on timeline, or why she could not review while I was there in person.

My interview was less than 5 mins, while all other people before me were interviewed for over 20 mins, and all documents were verified. I even saw people with RQ in their application, spend 20 odd minutes explaining their work, travel, etc. And most of them were told, I am satisfied, you will receive oath letter in 2-3 months.. But nothing for me :(

Anyone else have this occur?

My timeline is below:

CIC Application Received: Jan 23, 2012
Started Processing Application: Nov 27, 2012
RQ Request Received : February 1, 2013
RQ Reply Sent: February 16, 2013
Notice to Appear for Test: July 3, 2014
Test Date: July 17, 2014
Next Steps: ??

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
safy said:
Hey Guys,
I had my test today and I passed. However during the interview, the officer did not verify or even check any documents. She only checked the original passport, PR card, etc just to verify against the photocopies she had on file and my identity. She had my entire file that I had provided with the RQ response and all the supporting documents.

The only question she asked me was tell me what I do.. I spoke for 1 min about my work. Then she said, "your file has not been reviewed yet, and someone needs to review it". No idea what that means. Nothing about a judge, or oath or next steps.
Even before she asked me the question, she did not look at any stamps in the passport or question me on my travel. It was as if she had made her mind even before she saw me that she could not review.

I asked how long it will take, and she was like - no idea, maybe couple of months, very vague. Once "someone" has reviewed, they will update the file.

No indication on timeline, or why she could not review while I was there in person.

My interview was less than 5 mins, while all other people before me were interviewed for over 20 mins, and all documents were verified. I even saw people with RQ in their application, spend 20 odd minutes explaining their work, travel, etc. And most of them were told, I am satisfied, you will receive oath letter in 2-3 months.. But nothing for me :(

My timeline is below:

thCIC Application Received: Jan 23, 2012
Perhaps the officer might have quickly reviewed your file even before she interviewed you and felt there was'nt need for detailed investigation. As essentially every file will go through the detailed scrutiny before Oath letters are sent.

Possibly this interview is just to verify the copies with the actual passport and except that it may not have any other significance.

Its difficult to establish any clear pattern or trend from the way the Oath letters are been sent for St.Claire candidates. Almost everyone seems to have got RQ's, possibly just to gain the extra processing time. Candidates who have appeared for test in Feb'2014 are still waiting for Oath letters, so expect this as average time for Oath letter. If you are lucky you may get much quicker, its hard to predict.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontores said:
I checked it online, there is 14 ceremonies held at Scarborough from Jul 16 to the end of this month, how come there are very few people here get oath.

Is there any way we can remind them we are in line....?
The processing time for most candidates for this location is frustratingly slow. Instead of asking RQ from the candidates, the CIC can electronically pull travel records of candidates from CSBS & other security agencies systems to expedite the entire processes.

Surprisingly uploading of Citizenship test results on candidate file takes 3 - 4 months. All these suggests its deliberate attempts to slow the process of granting the citizenship. If they sincerely wish, they can straighten up things quickly & expedite the entire process.

ashi mashi

Mar 6, 2014
safy said:
Hey Guys,

My timeline is below:

CIC Application Received: Jan 23, 2012

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Totally agree!!!

The reason they rush for the approval process in the end of last year and the beginning of this year is to show the public "see, we are always struggling for the process. We try our best. Please pass the new Bill. If the new Bill passes, the process would be like that".

Now the Bill passed, there is no stimuli anymore to make them do thing fast. They slow down as they actually wish.

My biggest concern is whether CIC will intentionally delay the process until the new bill takes effect (the next year) and then the officer announces that some ariticles, such as "intent to reside" or others, will apply for those applications who have already been in process and intentionally deny some of them. Never underestimate the tricks CIC will play.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
The processing time for most candidates for this location is frustratingly slow. Instead of asking RQ from the candidates, the CIC can electronically pull travel records of candidates from CSBS & other security agencies systems to expedite the entire processes.

Surprisingly uploading of Citizenship test results on candidate file takes 3 - 4 months. All these suggests its deliberate attempts to slow the process of granting the citizenship. If they sincerely wish, they can straighten up things quickly & expedite the entire process.

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Perhaps the officer might have quickly reviewed your file even before she interviewed you and felt there was'nt need for detailed investigation. As essentially every file will go through the detailed scrutiny before Oath letters are sent.

Possibly this interview is just to verify the copies with the actual passport and except that it may not have any other significance.

Its difficult to establish any clear pattern or trend from the way the Oath letters are been sent for St.Claire candidates. Almost everyone seems to have got RQ's, possibly just to gain the extra processing time. Candidates who have appeared for test in Feb'2014 are still waiting for Oath letters, so expect this as average time for Oath letter. If you are lucky you may get much quicker, its hard to predict.
Not true, the main purpose of OB407D was to assess the residency concerns during interview and by this can help RQ application proceed to oath faster. Many reports on this forum and the other one (including my own experience) quotes clearly that RQ has been reviewed prior to test. This review does not necessarily mean in depth review, could be even right before test. If the residency concern remains after interview and initial review, file be forwarded for in depth review and probably long wait. Many pretest RQ's who took the test in past months already got their oath meaning their response and interview was satisfactory to the officer. Anyway if someone submits all documents requested with RQ, there shouldnt be any concern.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
Totally agree!!!

The reason they rush for the approval process in the end of last year and the beginning of this year is to show the public "see, we are always struggling for the process. We try our best. Please pass the new Bill. If the new Bill passes, the process would be like that".

Now the Bill passed, there is no stimuli anymore to make them do thing fast. They slow down as they actually wish.

My biggest concern is whether CIC will intentionally delay the process until the new bill takes effect (the next year) and then the officer announces that some articles, such as "intent to reside" or others, will apply for those applications who have already been in process and intentionally deny some of them. Never underestimate the tricks CIC will play.
Its incomprehensible that while every segment of society even in the 3rd world countries uses complex information systems, CIC's still relishes using decades old processes and information systems. If CIC wish & got will, they can drastically improve the existing system by unclogging the process bottlenecks and use of something called "Computers" without compromising either security or any policy.

Perhaps the big bosses fear changes for various reasons; losing of millions in budget, laying off staff or maintaining demographic balance. CIC is indirectly discouraging thousands of candidates to invest in our country by keeping their Citizenship status in limbo for years.