+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Since there is a call center, and no CIC sites discourage applicants to call the call center, calling CIC once a while, may be once in every two to three months, would never be a bad idea. Calling CIC means a lot: you care about your application, you are in Canada, also it helps CIC track down if something has gone wrong, or you did not receive any correspondence because of postal mishaps.
Nevertheless, we should avoid frequent calling, like once in a week, it simply dose not make any sense.
Hope all of your agonies will end very soon.

pouyate said:
I wrote my Test on November,2010 in St. Clair Office
Received the Questionnaire on January,2011 and sent it back to them in a about a month, I hadn't heard anything back from them even my test result until 2 months ago when I called them to follow up and they sent me a letter after 2 months saying that I have passed my test and my application is still in the queue for process and will be reviewed by the next available officer, but when I checked my status today on cic.gc.ca it said that they sent me a letter on January,9th,2014 requesting additional information which I never received.
Does anybody know what is going on with this disorganised system?

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dear Friends,

I received my ATIP report couple of weeks back. From the report, I need help to understand what does Event Local Time mean.

Does it mean that tentatively my Citizenship Oath has been scheduled for July 1st 2014 or it mean something else.

Events : 1
Created Date : 2013/12/04
Created Date : 2013/12/04
Event Type : Citizenship Interview
Event Local Time : 2014/07/01 00:00

Candidates who have received their ATIP reports and Oath letters may be able to figure it out more clearly.

Appreciate your quick input. Thanks a lot !!!
I have the same lines in my ATIP report. In my case, the date matches the date on which CIC sent me the notice to prepare for my citizenship test ( not the actual test invitation). hope it may help.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Its been long wait since my test…its frustrating.

Passed test on Feb 12th and waiting for the Oath. Received ATIP but full of confusion.

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
hey guys, I would like to pick your brain on this:

I seldomly call CIC call center since almost none of the feedbacks I have seen from this forum regarding call center are quite positive. But I've been ordering ATIP reports. It's a slower process , however, much less frustration from dealing with agents. My last report says my app has been approved, citzenship status granted, no hearing required, with the name of the CJ printed, only that the ceremony date has not been set. It happened on June 10th according to the note, which is more than a month ago. So I finally decided to call CIC to see if there was a oath letter on the way. To my surprise, the agent said my app has not been approved and since I submitted a RQ, I need to call them back after Dec 2014 for further questions, and it seems the agent knows little about ATIP note. I had to explain to him what ATIP stands for on the phone. I personally lean towards ATIP info , not only because it gives me a more cheerful message but also a 26-page report seems more official and reliable to me than a human being telling you just wait. What do you think?

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
comestai said:
Its been long wait since my test...its frustrating.

Passed test on Feb 12th and waiting for the Oath. Received ATIP but full of confusion.
my trick is to read it line by line, try to pick up key sections and words. Don't worry about all those fancy codes. To me , the most important parts are at the begining and towards the end. Good luck.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
SuperDude said:
hey guys, I would like to pick your brain on this:

I seldomly call CIC call center since almost none of the feedbacks I have seen from this forum regarding call center are quite positive. But I've been ordering ATIP reports. It's a slower process , however, much less frustration from dealing with agents. My last report says my app has been approved, citzenship status granted, no hearing required, with the name of the CJ printed, only that the ceremony date has not been set. It happened on June 10th according to the note, which is more than a month ago. So I finally decided to call CIC to see if there was a oath letter on the way. To my surprise, the agent said my app has not been approved and since I submitted a RQ, I need to call them back after Dec 2014 for further questions, and it seems the agent knows little about ATIP note. I had to explain to him what ATIP stands for on the phone. I personally lean towards ATIP info , not only because it gives me a more cheerful message but also a 26-page report seems more official and reliable to me than a human being telling you just wait. What do you think?
I completely agree with you, CIC is in total mess, everything progresses at snail pace and as such their online status is less than helpful.

Without any progress, candidates keep swamping the Call center hoping to get some update. Call center agents are far more less informed, overworked, equally frustrated as candidates. CIC uses them as the attack dogs for callers. Its damn vicious circle to say least.

Hearty Congrats on getting your Citizenship approved, now its just matter of weeks for you to get Oath letter. ;D ;D ;D

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I completely agree with you, CIC is in total mess, everything progresses at snail pace and as such their online status is less than helpful.

Without any progress, candidates keep swamping the Call center hoping to get some update. Call center agents are far more less informed, overworked, equally frustrated as candidates. CIC uses them as the attack dogs for callers. Its damn vicious circle to say least.

Hearty Congrats on getting your Citizenship approved, now its just matter of weeks for you to get Oath letter. ;D ;D ;D
Really Appreciate it,Canadiandesi2006.As a person who has gone through RQ and reached this far, I totally understand everyone's frustration. It's not the wait time, it's all the cloudy annoucements, operation bulletins and not-so-transparent operations that are killing us. Nobody like uncertainties and CIC is really good at pouring them at us. Let's just hang in there.

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
I got my recent ATIP today. I took my test on March, 10 2014. RQed in Jan, 2013. Office is St. Clair.

According to my ATIP report, my test result was updated as passed on May 30th, 2014. No hearing required. If no hearing required, does it mean my file will get approved soon?? Anyone knows who decides whether you need hearing or not??? Is it the judge who grants citizenship or the person who interviews applicants during test/interview?

What is the next step after your case says No Hearing Required?

Thank you. Hope we all will get oath letters soon.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
ml18 said:
I got my recent ATIP today. I took my test on March, 10 2014. RQed in Jan, 2013. Office is St. Clair.

According to my ATIP report, my test result was updated as passed on May 30th, 2014. No hearing required. If no hearing required, does it mean my file will get approved soon?? Anyone knows who decides whether you need hearing or not??? Is it the judge who grants citizenship or the person who interviews applicants during test/interview?

What is the next step after your case says No Hearing Required?

Thank you. Hope we all will get oath letters soon.
I got the same comment on my ATIP report, but that does not mean you should expect oath soon. It is probably just waiting for next step which I do not know what that is.

I applied in July 2011, got RQ during test, and I am still waiting.

jwzc

Jul 17, 2014
I just checked citizenship ceremonies in Auguest. There are only 4 ceremonies in Scarborough but there are 20 ceremonies in Mississauga!!!! What's that mean? Scarborough office is all in vacation?

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
I have been waiting for over 1 month to schedule the ceremony, have no idea why it takes so long...

Does anyone try to make some excuses to facilitate this process?

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
That is correct. It is a default setting after you pass the exam. Means nothing at this moment.

jimmy1829 said:
I got the same comment on my ATIP report, but that does not mean you should expect oath soon. It is probably just waiting for next step which I do not know what that is.

I applied in July 2011, got RQ during test, and I am still waiting.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
jwzc said:
I just checked citizenship ceremonies in Auguest. There are only 4 ceremonies in Scarborough but there are 20 ceremonies in Mississauga!!!! What's that mean? Scarborough office is all in vacation?
You are right, surprisingly there are no Oath ceremonies scheduled for August at Scarborough Location. All round the year the CIC staff at St.Claire & Scarborough offices are on unofficial vacations. Its summer time the hardly working CIC staff officially earned their vacations. ;D