Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
does that bill pose a problem for current applicants ?
Obviously any change in the Citizenship rule would be applicable for all foreign born citizens. Unless there is some clause to exclude people who became citizens prior to passing of this bill and I doubt very much. Indeed its very unfair bill, targeting the foreign born citizens which is nothing short of racism, they are creating two categories of Citizens. It is dangerous trend, may lead to inexplicable problems for foreign born citizens.Putting them into a vulnerable situation without access to the court of law. Authorities can implicate anybody & simply deport.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Obviously any change in the Citizenship rule would be applicable for all foreign born citizens. Unless there is some clause to exclude people who became citizens prior to passing of this bill and I doubt very much. Indeed its very unfair bill, targeting the foreign born citizens which is nothing short of racism, they are creating two categories of Citizens. It is dangerous trend, may lead to inexplicable problems for foreign born citizens.Putting them into a vulnerable situation without access to the court of law. Authorities can implicate anybody & simply deport.
if the bill is passed, i believe it will have a country wide affect, alienation at work from born citizens and those who got landed status, i wont be surprised.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCAS got updated online and see the following

"We sent you a letter on June 5, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

did anyone else see the above status update in eCAS? I'm still waiting for the actual letter and not sure what its requesting for.

thanks.....

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
BalajiR said:
My eCAS got updated online and see the following

"We sent you a letter on June 5, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

did anyone else see the above status update in eCAS? I'm still waiting for the actual letter and not sure what its requesting for.

thanks.....

hmmm.. strange this update is normally used for requesting RQ documents... I assume you already got one and wrote the test. Nevertheless, It seems like they would want you to send some documents.

Did you request name change? see below

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/here-is-my-complete-time-line-it-was-updated-today-t162570.0.html

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did request a name change for my daughter...... But my main concerns are my lost passport and special needs child......

Kakaji said:
hmmm.. strange this update is normally used for requesting RQ documents... I assume you already got one and wrote the test. Nevertheless, It seems like they would want you to send some documents.

Did you request name change? see below

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/here-is-my-complete-time-line-it-was-updated-today-t162570.0.html

captaincanuck

Mar 19, 2014
BalajiR said:
I did request a name change for my daughter...... But my main concerns are my lost passport and special needs child......
Can it be fingerprint request? Have you provided fingerprints yet? Do you happen to have a common name? I hope it is not something that would make the processing longer.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well let's hope it's something simple and doesn't take too much time. I've never heard this kind of update. I'll update as soon as I have the actual letter.

Thanks

captaincanuck said:
Can it be fingerprint request? Have you provided fingerprints yet? Do you happen to have a common name? I hope it is not something that would make the processing longer.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
BalajiR said:
Well let's hope it's something simple and doesn't take too much time. I've never heard this kind of update. I'll update as soon as I have the actual letter.

Thanks
Well some correspondence is better than no correspondence!

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hi can someone please tell me what might be the case with my application?

My local office is scarborough, passed my test on April 29th and was told by cic that the judge has approved and granted the decision.

Today is June 8, I just don't understand what might cause a delay in my case since even the judge has given the "ok". Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I know this page is for st clair office but I just thought I could find some help here.

Thank yours

latino33

Jun 4, 2014
Sisi2014 said:

My local office is scarborough, passed my test on April 29th and was told by cic that the judge has approved and granted the decision.
let me ask you first before answering the question, did the CIC tell you the judge has approved and granted the citizenship word by word or he said your file is fine?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Sisi2014 said:

Today is June 8, I just don't understand what might cause a delay in my case since even the judge has given the "ok". Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I know this page is for st clair office but I just thought I could find some help here.

Thank yours
Sissi 2014

In my opinion, the CIC agent cannot tell if the judge has granted approval to your file or not yet. The agents do not have access to that and I had verified this information already with a few calls I made.

I recommend you call them again to confirm the info you have which I truly believe is wrong since the agents do not have access to this type of information

thanks,

Mrbravo

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
BalajiR said:

Thanks
I had seen this type of requests before with many other applicants on this thread. It is usually a missing document that they need to complete the list of documents required for your file. It is not an RQ

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been following this forum since I have applied for citizenship ( August 2011). I am also a Feb 2014 test victim of ST CLAIRE . I have been calling Cic and last week I was told that the judge has granted/approved my citizenship on May 26th. Now waiting for oath invitation and it sucks :(

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC agents do have access to any kind of notes/updates that have been uploaded on the system. I was told the same thing TWICE that my citizenship has been aproved by the judge and my file is at Scarbrough office now. Btw, I am a pre test Rq victim too.

latino33

Jun 4, 2014
waitingsucks said:
CIC agents do have access to any kind of notes/updates that have been uploaded on the system. I was told the same thing TWICE that my citizenship has been aproved by the judge and my file is at Scarbrough office now. Btw, I am a pre test Rq victim too.
You are waiting for the oath guys. just relax and you will get the letter very soon. In my case CIC told me no judge hearing required but did not say the judge has approved the citizenship, I really don't know what that means.