+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
dossip and babariz
Just curious, What did the interviewer say in the end after the test? did she address any concerns?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
misspurple said:
I finally got my oath letter!! It came in about a week ago while I was away.

Here's my timeline:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 5, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 21, 2013.

Sept 2013- RQ sent
Nov 2013- Finger prints sent

4.We sent you a notice on January 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on May 16, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

This forum has been great and I wish the wait ends soon for all of you :)
Congrats !!!, at last the long wait has come to an end. Cheers !!!

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
I had my test on Apr 17 on St clair. passed with 20/20. I called CIC. they told me that my score has not been uploaded yet.
Sisi2014 said:
I hope everyone who is waiting for their oath letter get some good news this week.

I had my test on April 29 at st clair, passed and was told by CIC that the judge has granted the decision and that I'm in line for the ceremony.

Who else has called the CIC and was told the same?

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
dossip and babariz
Just curious, What did the interviewer say in the end after the test? did she address any concerns?
QAI, she quickly went through the DOCs, asked a few questions and said to my wife that everything looks ok, she will send it to Judge for review and should expect an Oath date in around 3 months. My wife then asked her if that meant she doesn't have to meet the judge, the lady said... well, I don't think so. That's all !

What was in your case?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
dossip said:
QAI, she quickly went through the DOCs, asked a few questions and said to my wife that everything looks ok, she will send it to Judge for review and should expect an Oath date in around 3 months. My wife then asked her if that meant she doesn't have to meet the judge, the lady said... well, I don't think so. That's all !

What was in your case?
i goofed up one day on my vacation which didnt match with my RQ and application. She was cool and said thats no problem because i had lots of days. I also forgot to mention an address i lived for a month and told her i just forgot to mention it.

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
i goofed up one day on my vacation which didnt match with my RQ and application. She was cool and said thats no problem because i had lots of days. I also forgot to mention an address i lived for a month and told her i just forgot to mention it.
Does anyone here can clarify one thing, when submitting the actual citizenship application there is a section where you need to state all the addresses in the last 4 years, now, if someone is out of country for say a week or two for vacation does he/she need to state the address of that vacation as well? (The vacation absence was accounted in the calculator and descrption section, so that's not the issue, the question is, if the address needed to be mentioned on the "last 4 year address" section?)

Thanks.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
dossip said:
Does anyone here can clarify one thing, when submitting the actual citizenship application there is a section where you need to state all the addresses in the last 4 years, now, if someone is out of country for say a week or two for vacation does he/she need to state the address of that vacation as well? (The vacation absence was accounted in the calculator and descrption section, so that's not the issue, the question is, if the address needed to be mentioned on the "last 4 year address" section?)

Thanks.
Hey dossip, from my conversation with the interviewer, they want all addresses that come under last 4 years. Now that I think about it more, I never mentioned all the addresses I lived in only significant ones. Some addresses I stayed only for few days but they want all addresses. Even if you had issues and had to move out right away.

babariz

Mar 30, 2014
QAI said:
dossip and babariz
Hi Qai,
She told us that we will be getting Oath letters in 4 to 6 Months and also she mentioned that you don't have to come here to St Clair it will be in Mississauga office so aim guessing that the time is up and we should be getting Oath Letters any time now.

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
Hey dossip, from my conversation with the interviewer, they want all addresses that come under last 4 years. Now that I think about it more, I never mentioned all the addresses I lived in only significant ones. Some addresses I stayed only for few days but they want all addresses. Even if you had issues and had to move out right away.
Well, we missed couple of addresses (vacation ones - short stay), but the interviewer never asked any questions on these. my wife however, did account every single absence in her calculation - so I am guessing that should not be a big issue.

Garfield007

May 2, 2014
Hi All,

I can finally breathe a sign of relief. Took my oath this afternoon. It was a very nice ceremony. There were 106 new Canadians today.

I hope everyone that is waiting gets their letter soon.

Below is my timeline:

Applied : Feb 15, 2013
Application Received : February 22, 2013
Started processing Application : April 22, 2013
RQ received : Jul 2013
RQ Sent : Aug 2013
Notice to prepare for Test : February 14, 2014
Test passed : March 5,2014 ( St. Clair )
Oath date : June 2, 2014 in Mississauga

I should add that when I called CIC on May 6th I was told my results were not uploaded. So I requested ATIP the same day. My letter to take the oath was dated May 16th. I am not sure if the ATIP request had anything to do with it, but I do believe that it made someone look at my file.

Good Luck and God Bless !

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
star200 said:
Canadiansoon,
do you have any update? It seems that they forgot about Feb test takers :(
Nothing yet and I haven't been calling. Test: February 18, but I was told that my scores are uploaded a week ago so I am not sure if that means anything.

Keep calm and keep waiting :) That should be the CIC tagline.

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not understand why CIC is not issuing oath letters to people who took their test in Feb (18th onward). We are happy to see a number of March test takers are finally getting their oath dates. But what happened to Feb test takers? Any explanation?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
JTM said:
I do not understand why CIC is not issuing oath letters to people who took their test in Feb (18th onward). We are happy to see a number of March test takers are finally getting their oath dates. But what happened to Feb test takers? Any explanation?
Precisely, this is what I asked the CIC agent this afternoon. She told each file is different, you can't compare. I told her does not the Citizenship test is conducted ONLY after everything about an applicant is completed ?. After that, they should be some logical sequence for onward processing.
She had NO straight answer except told me the CIC expect candidates to wait for 36 months. Perhaps, the St.Claire location is the worst in entire country, everything is terribly handled rather mismanaged & complete chaotic system.