+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Started a whatsapp group for citizenship application questions. Plz feel free to join and share with others. Thanks.
https://chat.whatsapp.com/KxNEyevqFpf68WPNQMOi3f
The google sheets here give us valuable information about overall progress and trends. Whatsapp messages are good for instant communication but searching and keeping track of progress is really hard. You really can not go back and find trends and quickly search statistics from Whatsapp messages. I would suggest you to please continue posting your updates in this form and continue contributing to the google spreadsheet.

If people splinter and have discussions outside of this forum, data quality here will suffer and people will benefit less from this forum. Contributing data here will really help everyone!

Dec 21, 2022
Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1123
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 31, 2022
Delivered: Nov 3, 2022
AOR: December 21, 2022

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
are paper applications still faster than online for overall process or anyone noticed otherwise? (I know AOR is faster for online but overall)

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
are paper applications still faster than online for overall process or anyone noticed otherwise? (I know AOR is faster for online but overall)
So far yes... Per IRCC's 2022-23 ATIP, paper application decisions were prioritised to reduce backlog. However, in the ATIP notes, they do say that the "notional decision targets are subject to change". Given that a lot of online applicants have been waiting and they are now piling up at around 11-15k of the overall around 20k applications per month, IRCC may pivot at anytime to producing more decisions on online applications. It's hard to say, it's all speculation - IRCC has a mind of its own :-/

Even though we have fewer/statistically insignificant number of data points in the spreadsheet (link in signature), you can try to discern some of these trends. They are already catching up with e-apps having seeing progress (BG and Test) for July/August 2022 vs. paper apps seeing progress for Sep 2022. I believe things are definitely going to change FY 2023-24 and pivot towards online apps

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
I have a question, i understand i can track application progress from ECAS system, but is there a way i can link it to existing account at https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/home ? i am asking as i tried to do application link option there, but for citizenship it only asks me to select either of two option of type of application which is "Search of Citizenship" and "Proof of Citizenship", but not showing Citizenship Grant as an option.

Mikana

Dec 22, 2022
I am not sure where my application belongs in Nov or Dec 2022 spreadsheet tab. Please add to the tracker.
Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 30, 2022
Delivered: Dec 1, 2022
AOR:

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I have a question, i understand i can track application progress from ECAS system, but is there a way i can link it to existing account at https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/home ? i am asking as i tried to do application link option there, but for citizenship it only asks me to select either of two option of type of application which is "Search of Citizenship" and "Proof of Citizenship", but not showing Citizenship Grant as an option.
I don't think you'll be able to link it there. You'll have to use the new tracker (for both paper and online applicants - link in signature) and/or ECAS (paper applicants only)

Reactions: kbi911

shubham88

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hi guys, i have a question for "Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability. "
I have IELTS exam result from 2018 is that valid, if not then i can attach the graduation degree or marksheet ? But it's not mentioned in which language i studied the graduation subjects.

red_rom

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Update --

Could someone please update my status on the Nov 2022 tracker:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,117 days
Application: Family (Husband + Wife)
Application sent: Nov 25th 2022
Delivered: Nov 25th 2022
AOR: Dec 16th 2022

TIA

Hi Folks,

Thanks for this thread ! Could someone please append my application details to the Nov 2022 tracker:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,117 days
Application: Family (Husband + Wife)
Application sent: Nov 25th 2022
Delivered: Nov 25th 2022
AOR: Awaiting

TIA