+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Got my AOR.
I had applied for citizenship on Nov 29th. Both me and my husband are above 55 years. Any idea if the interview will be in person or online?
First, wait for about 48-72h and try registering for the tracker.... As @ulka0410 said above, it's going to be some wait for us... about 12 months (hopefully sooner)

Next step is Background Check complete followed by test. Test is now conducted online followed by an interview for select few people (this can be online or in-person). Previously, before COVID in-person test + interview was scheduled for everyone and was mandatory for 18-55 year olds.

Since you are 55+, you may skip the interview and language requirements or they may randomly select you for an interview. It could be online or in-person... Lots of things are in flux and can change next year... We'll have to wait and watch. After this a decision is made on the application (physical presence, and prohibitions will change to complete). This is followed by an oath invite and the oath ceremony.

Currently online applications delivered in July 2022 are seeing background check complete... You can look at the spreadsheet (link in signature) to get some idea of when to expect next steps...

Good luck!

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
For the people who got their AOR and it's been more than 48 hours, are you guys able to see the application online? Is this the link to view your application https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/? It's been more than 48 hours for me but I am unable to create an account here. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here.
I was able to register today around 1430 PST... Try and see if you are able to register...

Reactions: ulka0410

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello, I got my AOR on December 15 and was able to register for the online tracker just yesterday. However, when I try ecas, it says we couldn't find any information. Does anyone have a similar case?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello, I got my AOR on December 15 and was able to register for the online tracker just yesterday. However, when I try ecas, it says we couldn't find any information. Does anyone have a similar case?
ECAS is only available for paper applicants. Online applicants only have access to the new tracker

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
What is your timeline for the spreadsheet?

Type: Online application/Paper application
Application: Single/Family(number of family members)
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1115
Application: 2 adults
Application sent: November 27
Delivered: November 27
AOR: December 15

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Hey Admin guys, I am in Brampton. And the second effort after the refusal was Nov 29 and AOR was Dec 14. Physical presence: 1,114. Please edit accordingly.

Last edited: