November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
****drum roll****

Mar 29, 2022
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 29, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

Oct 7, 2021
Citizenship oath activity status updated
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress

Oct 7, 2021
Language skills activity status updated
Language skills
New update
Language skills status has been updated to Completed

Oct 7, 2021
Prohibitions activity status updated
Prohibitions
New update
Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

Oct 7, 2021
Physical presence activity status updated
Physical presence
New update
Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
Wow Many congratulations!!!

Reactions: sk000

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Congrats!!!!!!!
Thanks @BuzzBuzz
After all the frustration and wait.....finally the most awaited update has come for you.....congrats
Scarborough seems to be active ----I saw a post from XYZ2 in the forum with a DM on Oct 1st and a Oath date on Oct 22. Really promising.
Thanks @OllySyd. Seems like its active but it depends on the case processing officer and complexity of the case. Because if you look at this thread people are actually actively want to know the progress about this office. I've seen frustration about this office too. Whoever is getting oath date I would just say we are lucky. I hope whoever is waiting and submitted their application long before us have finished their citizenship journey soon.
Wow Many congratulations!!!
Thanks @Gunners
Thats pretty quick to be scheduled the same month
Agreed. Unless it's an urgent application but the person mentioned it's not.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks @BuzzBuzz

Thanks @OllySyd. Seems like its active but it depends on the case processing officer and complexity of the case. Because if you look at this thread people are actually actively want to know the progress about this office. I've seen frustration about this office too. Whoever is getting oath date I would just say we are lucky. I hope whoever is waiting and submitted their application long before us have finished their citizenship journey soon.

Thanks @Gunners

Agreed. Unless it's an urgent application but the person mentioned it's not.
Again - active is on a relative basis.....at least see some movement for folks...and one person extremely lucky with a normal not urgent application with an oath the same month in October 2021.

Reactions: BuzzBuzz and sk000

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Again - active is on a relative basis.....at least see some movement for folks...and one person extremely lucky with a normal not urgent application with an oath the same month in October 2021.
True. Slow progress is always better than no progress. Yeah even if someone's lucky it's good. At least we know that IRCC officers are actively on this process not other emergency processes.

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
When sending the scanned copies of passport with the translate, does put everything in one document or can we use different documents? I have to send 2 passports and an accompanying translation. My document right now is at 5.6MB so I need to compress it more :(
I pic screened the pages and put them on google doc. then saved to pdf ,it made it smaller

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
  • Haha
Reactions: Maya88 and sk000

john_hey

Mar 9, 2016
question, How long after oath ceremony we can apply for passport? it was 2-3 days pre covid when the oath was in person.