+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Bbbjjjhhh

Dec 11, 2017
Thank you all for replying. now feeling relax. hope we all get test invite soon. will update once i get to know anything.

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
My spouse , Applied in Nov, last update on Apr 23, everything is in progress, no FP req or any other communication received

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Hello Friends, I applied towards the end of November 2020 and my application progressed like others. I got the request for the Citizenship test in July 2021 and gave it on August 16th, 2021. My background check got completed a long time back and everything else has been working in progress. As of today they changed the status and again put it as an application in progress. The last time they had changed the status was on August 17th and updated the citizenship test as successfully completed. My question is why are they changing it again to in progress because it was the same status before? What might have changed? Has anyone experienced the same thing? Do you think is there an issue with it?

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Hello Friends, I applied towards the end of November 2020 and my application progressed like others. I got the request for the Citizenship test in July 2021 and gave it on August 16th, 2021. My background check got completed a long time back and everything else has been working in progress. As of today they changed the status and again put it as an application in progress. The last time they had changed the status was on August 17th and updated the citizenship test as successfully completed. My question is why are they changing it again to in progress because it was the same status before? What might have changed? Has anyone experienced the same thing? Do you think is there an issue with it?
In this situation atleast your having some status updates, for many of them there is no status change at all for many months...

Reactions: Roger1985

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
In this situation atleast your having some status updates, for many of them there is no status change at all for many months...
But nothing has changed...and that's what concern's me...so need to know what's should be inference?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Did the Citizenship test status move from Completed to In Progress?

Reading in this forum.....there could be ghost or back end updates not visible to us but could mean that something is happening with your application. Can be assumed to be a harbinger of good things / updates to come.

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
You application will be "In progress" until you get the citizenship certificate
There are several independent steps within the process that appear as "Updated" and then "Completed"

You will see something like this:

Language skills activity status updated
Language skills status has been updated to Completed

Physical presence activity status updated
Physical presence status has been updated to Completed

Prohibitions activity status updated
Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

Reactions: Gunners and sk000

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hello,

We sent my dad's application for citizenship last November. Last month, I received an email asking us to provide a scanned colour copy of his passport which we did and sent back on the same day (Sept 28th) via email. I haven't received a confirmation email and I cannot see on the tracker that his passport was even requested. I sent them an email to confirm that they received it but they didn't reply back. I tried calling them but I wasn't able to reach an agent. Is this normal? The email address is IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Any advice?

Thanks!

Reactions: Gunners

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Hello,

We sent my dad's application for citizenship last November. I received an email asking us to provide a scanned colour copy of his passport which we did and sent back on the same day (Sept 18th) via email. I haven't received a confirmation email and I cannot see on the tracker that his passport was even requested. I sent them an email to confirm that they received it but they didn't reply back. I tried calling them but I wasn't able to reach an agent. Is this normal? The email address is IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Any advice?

Thanks!
Passport request updates do not show on the tracker. Best advise is to send them an email on the same address -they do take time to respond

Reactions: applicant2021

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Passport request updates do not show on the tracker. Best advise is to send them an email on the same address -they do take time to respond
Thanks! That's what I did. I emailed them to confirm delivery on October 13th. I am just worried that my email went to spam or something. It's really weird that they don't send confirmation emails, even like generic auto-replies.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks! That's what I did. I emailed them to confirm delivery on October 13th. I am just worried that my email went to spam or something. It's really weird that they don't send confirmation emails, even like generic auto-replies.
Unfortunately they don't. The standard reply, you will get is that they are looking into it and in case anything is needed, they will revert.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Is filling Mother's surname mandatory in Passport application? I've left it blank and send my application via mail. Now am worried!
Please any ideas?

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
Even I had sent them an email asking for acknowledgment of the email. They responded after 2 weeks stating that they received it.

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
Do we have to inform IRCC if we have a child born while our application is in process?