+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hi, I received a similar Ghost Update over the weekend I presume, which I saw today morning. Earlier my Medicals category had a date with the date it was passed on, but now it's just changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes." My medicals expired on November 6th, 2021.

Is there any action we should take ? I read in some forums, people doing up-front medicals but heard mixed responses as to wait for them to request for it, rather than doing it up-front.
IRCC will let you know what to do when the time comes.

If you go ahead and decide to the do the remed upfront, you might get rid of some processing time, but you might also end up spending that money for nothing because IRCC would have granted an extension to your current certificate instead of requesting that you redo the medicals.

Reactions: argetlam93

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi, I received a similar Ghost Update over the weekend I presume, which I saw today morning. Earlier my Medicals category had a date with the date it was passed on, but now it's just changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes." My medicals expired on November 6th, 2021.

Is there any action we should take ? I read in some forums, people doing up-front medicals but heard mixed responses as to wait for them to request for it, rather than doing it up-front.
In addition to what sgoldsmith said above, you might also increase the processing time of your application, because sent webforms with documents are additional workload. So it's 1 chance that you'll shave off a week or two of your processing time and 2 chances of losing money and gaining a week or two in processing time. It's up to you of course to choose.

IMO 220$ (my local price) per person is worth the risk to wait and see what IRCC decides.

baryonix

May 21, 2019

Hey, when did your Medical change to "You do not need..." ?

I also took the medical exam on Nov 6, 2020. It passed on Dec 22, 2020. So I'm waiting to see when it will change status like yours.

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
A lot of activity on PPR and re meds seeing hopefully, files have started clearing and ircc start touching our file ..!!

argetlam93

Oct 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Med's Done....
17-12-2020
Hey, when did your Medical change to "You do not need..." ?

I also took the medical exam on Nov 6, 2020. It passed on Dec 22, 2020. So I'm waiting to see when it will change status like yours.
It changed I believe sometime over this past weekend. I didn’t get any notification via email. I happened to see it when I logged into the GCPortal on Monday(November 8th) morning.

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Just wanted to drop by and say that i am noticing a lot of FSW-O (Non PNP) folks getting PPR !

i have noticed latest March 2020 candidates receiving the golden email. please correct me if i am wrong

my consultant has said realistically Nov AOR candidates can expect their golden mails next year only as holiday season is coming up.

please do share any insights or thoughts you may have its nice to see the thread going again.

varunsanjeevan

Sep 18, 2020
I recently got a job offer for a role in Canada via an internal company transfer. They mentioned they'd be willing to sponsor a work permit. I wanted to know how this would impact my FSW-O application. Currently based out of India. November 2020 AOR with no updates since Jan 2021, medicals expired (as per GCMS notes).

Would I need to inform IRCC of this update? And would this affect my EE application?
@legalfalcon

baryonix

May 21, 2019
@argetlam93 and @baryonix i too received a GU last week and my status has changed to "You don't need a medical"

I have decided not to do an upfront medical as legalfalcon said they are extending meds for a chosen set of countries.
Great to hear. Are you Inland or Outland? I'm inland and still have not received any GU
My Eligibility and Info Sharing complete, Security not Started, Criminality In Progress (last GCMS note is End September). Maybe that's why

esc

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
My medical exam expired on 06/11 and I didn't receive any kind of update.

Honestly I don't know what to expect. I've seen profiles with no updates regarding medical exams receiving PPR after some weeks and profiles with requests for re-medical exams receiving PPR after months. The opposite for both cases are also true.

So, as we all know it is a waiting game with a lack of clarity.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Just wanted to drop by and say that i am noticing a lot of FSW-O (Non PNP) folks getting PPR !

i have noticed latest March 2020 candidates receiving the golden email. please correct me if i am wrong

my consultant has said realistically Nov AOR candidates can expect their golden mails next year only as holiday season is coming up.

please do share any insights or thoughts you may have its nice to see the thread going again.
If there were a lot of such cases, stats on Immitracker would reflect them. Even if Immitracker shows 500 cases out of thousands, it’s still more reliable than “couple of random cases on Facebook”.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application
Still all same, 4 PPRs issued since February, all only for US-residents.

Maximus2077

Nov 8, 2021
Category........
FSW
Category: FSW
ITA: Oct 1st 2020
AOR: Oct 27th 2020
Upfront Medicals: Dec 2nd 2020
Requested Letter: Dec 2nd 2020

I have been waiting for 11 months without any update from IRCC, however, when I check the estimated process time on IRCC website, it still states 6 months.

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
If there were a lot of such cases, stats on Immitracker would reflect them. Even if Immitracker shows 500 cases out of thousands, it’s still more reliable than “couple of random cases on Facebook”.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application
Still all same, 4 PPRs issued since February, all only for US-residents.

People barely lodge and update their cases on myimmitracker. I check both myimmitracker and social media pages to understand whats happening to get a basic idea and if you still think non US residents are not getting PPR, then to each his own. I am seeing PPR from nigeria, Iran, India & the US.

@baryonix i am outland mate! Dont worry about the GU some have gotten the golden mail after a long period of silence! yours is coming!

for the rest of the folks in this thread, here's a ray of hope! CPC OTTAWA

https://www.facebook.com/groups/askkubeir/posts/1930869813758564

Post text for non FB users (not mine)

PPR
FSW Outland
COR USA
AOR Nov 2020
Remedical request September 2021
Medical passed 2nd time Oct 2021
PPR Nov 2021
Good luck to all waiting.....all the best!!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I recently got a job offer for a role in Canada via an internal company transfer. They mentioned they'd be willing to sponsor a work permit. I wanted to know how this would impact my FSW-O application. Currently based out of India. November 2020 AOR with no updates since Jan 2021, medicals expired (as per GCMS notes).

Would I need to inform IRCC of this update? And would this affect my EE application?
@legalfalcon
Getting an ICT WP will have no impact on your EE application and you do not have to inform IRCC. However, after you move to Canada, make sire that you update your address with IRCC.