+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Arma

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Service disruptions and restrictions due to #COVID19 may have an impact on processing times. Current processing times may not be accurate. No application in progress will be closed or refused due to lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time.

Pradgoud

Apr 18, 2019
What happens to the current Spousal applications if we as a sponsor apply for Canada emergency benefit, will that have any impact on the current application?

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Friends what are we going to do, we are missing our spouse and our families, we are stuck here and they are also stuck there, now we won't be able to be with them and they can't be with us either. This is a very critical time that we all need to be with our spouse just to know how they are doing, but we are away from them and this pandemic disease is killing a lot of poeple so can we stay here and be reading from the internet what's going on around the world. My husband always goes to work, how can i take this light, immigration should consider us and give us temporal resident Visa to be with our spouse and return to continue the process.
What do think friends, we can ideas, and think about something we can do for immigration minister or whoever responsible to hear our voices.

Arma

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Yes it’s a great i
Friends what are we going to do, we are missing our spouse and our families, we are stuck here and they are also stuck there, now we won't be able to be with them and they can't be with us either. This is a very critical time that we all need to be with our spouse just to know how they are doing, but we are away from them and this pandemic disease is killing a lot of poeple so can we stay here and be reading from the internet what's going on around the world. My husband always goes to work, how can i take this light, immigration should consider us and give us temporal resident Visa to be with our spouse and return to continue the process.
What do think friends, we can ideas, and think about something we can do for immigration minister or whoever responsible to hear our voices.
Yes,it’s a great idea we can write a letter

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
Some local visa offices are working remotely in time of covid due to the lockdown as imposed by their respective government. I just hope they prioritize working on spousal applications since the aim is "family reunification". My guess is, since they are looking at the 12-month processing of spousal apps (which may not be accurate anymore), also not counting the limited number of workforce, they continue processing other categories to come to Canada because the expected processing is shorter. I think I saw posts, although in small numbers, work permits, and trvs being approved when I personally think due to the pandemic, is not applicable because of travel restrictions (non-essential). Many companies are closed.

I agree that spouses/ the family need to be together especially in this difficult time. I pray that this coronavirus pandemic be cured, and everything goes back to normal. This is truly saddening especially the number of cases continues to go up.

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
My wife is in BOGOTÁ, COLOMBIA, and we received the Pre-arrival letter on March 25th, and the Medical exam request on March 26th. Of course Colombia has been in total lockdown and my wife has not been able to reach any of the 3 doctors to schedule the exam. I know a lot of us are in this same situation obviously, but this is beyond frustrating and disheartening I have to say.

• Sad
Reactions: Nina12 and Jupoleon

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
My wife is in BOGOTÁ, COLOMBIA, and we received the Pre-arrival letter on March 25th, and the Medical exam request on March 26th. Of course Colombia has been in total lockdown and my wife has not been able to reach any of the 3 doctors to schedule the exam. I know a lot of us are in this same situation obviously, but this is beyond frustrating and disheartening I have to say.
your wife in standart situetion. I received Pre-A and DM 13 march...still waiting

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Some local visa offices are working remotely in time of covid due to the lockdown as imposed by their respective government. I just hope they prioritize working on spousal applications since the aim is "family reunification". My guess is, since they are looking at the 12-month processing of spousal apps (which may not be accurate anymore), also not counting the limited number of workforce, they continue processing other categories to come to Canada because the expected processing is shorter. I think I saw posts, although in small numbers, work permits, and trvs being approved when I personally think due to the pandemic, is not applicable because of travel restrictions (non-essential). Many companies are closed.

I agree that spouses/ the family need to be together especially in this difficult time. I pray that this coronavirus pandemic be cured, and everything goes back to normal. This is truly saddening especially the number of cases continues to go up.
the attention for processing needs to be diverted to spousal applications. TRV’s, express entry is a privilege.

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Absolutely, make draft the request letter and send us here for signature and that IRCC might support us in this situation.

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Hi, I just got response for SOWP for my husband. We were refused, because
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee

I don't understand why this would be the reason as I have a PGWP right now.
Can anyone please shed any light
Hi, what is your timeline?

rodsamlisa

Sep 17, 2019
Curious all,
I have been on track.and the last correspondence was 1 st week of March. and nothing since. I also have looked at the spread sheet. and seems like the average last update was around the 2nd week of March. not just for my particular Sheet But for all sheets. I know the VO's dont report to us. but anyone with any insight? I wonder? IF they are shutdown or just operating so slowly. will this have and impact on peoples timelines in relation to the time alloted to cross the border once approved. OR if your nearing expiry will they extend your time alloted etc.. I know for they typical person theirs still plenty of time But, the logistics and planning are starting to run out for most of us. (no need to comment on the Covid 19 portion Im sure were all aware of that impact world wide). Like watching paint dry...-?.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Curious all,
I have been on track.and the last correspondence was 1 st week of March. and nothing since. I also have looked at the spread sheet. and seems like the average last update was around the 2nd week of March. not just for my particular Sheet But for all sheets. I know the VO's dont report to us. but anyone with any insight? I wonder? IF they are shutdown or just operating so slowly. will this have and impact on peoples timelines in relation to the time alloted to cross the border once approved. OR if your nearing expiry will they extend your time alloted etc.. I know for they typical person theirs still plenty of time But, the logistics and planning are starting to run out for most of us. (no need to comment on the Covid 19 portion Im sure were all aware of that impact world wide). Like watching paint dry...-?.
I wrote in my VO (DM/Pre-A 13.03) - they answer (21.03):
File has been approved. Passport request letter will be sent when situation normalizes.:rolleyes::confused::(

Reactions: rodsamlisa

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Curious all,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/trv-processing-covid.html

See links above.