+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
We still haven't heard from them...since December. Last time my husband called them, they said they'd let us know once the file is transferred to Vienna. But then this virus thing started. No request for medical, for biometrics, nothing...just feel so helpless :(
Hey! No update on my wife’s file since December too. I applied for GCMS notes today. She had biometrics done. I am applying for a TRV with the help of a consultant as this covid will only delay processing of applications.

Reactions: Pradeep94

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
What does your background check on the cic profile say? Mine says:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Does this mean anything?

Reactions: Jupoleon

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hey! No update on my wife’s file since December too. I applied for GCMS notes today. She had biometrics done. I am applying for a TRV with the help of a consultant as this covid will only delay processing of applications.
That's good idea am also planning to apply for TRV but I learnt they may refuse your entry at Canada airport, when you could not prove your visit is essential, so how do we prove visiting our spouse is essential because we can't wait on our spouse sponsorship now.

Reactions: Jupoleon

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
What are GCMS and TRV? Sorry but I'm not good with all those abbreviations...

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
What are GCMS and TRV? Sorry but I'm not good with all those abbreviations...
The GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications.

The system contains a detailed record of each applicant’s file, including correspondence to and from IRCC, documents received from the applicant, detailed notes from the officers reviewing the file, and other relevant information.
GCMS notes are considered to be the only option for applicants to get the most accurate and exhaustive view of their IRCC file. With your right to get a copy of these notes, you can thus be caught up with the status of your application, and take any steps necessary to increase the chances of your application getting approved.

Temporary Resident Visa - TRV

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi, everyone.... I just here to tell whoever thinking about applying for a trv for your spouse to go ahead and take the chance... it's worth it! Nothing to loose other than a $100. I know spousal sponsorship process will be really slow even after opening as a lot of people will be without jobs and immigration Canada will take alot of things into consideration before accepting more permanent residence into the country... I would say for those people who are lucky to still have a job and has already been approved as a sponsor go a head and apply. This shows immigration canada that you are desperate to be with your family and that you are in a stable position to accommodate them..

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi, everyone.... I just here to tell whoever thinking about applying for a trv for your spouse to go ahead and take the chance... it's worth it! Nothing to loose other than a $100. I know spousal sponsorship process will be really slow even after opening as a lot of people will be without jobs and immigration Canada will take alot of things into consideration before accepting more permanent residence into the country... I would say for those people who are lucky to still have a job and has already been approved as a sponsor go a head and apply. This shows immigration canada that you are desperate to be with your family and that you are in a stable position to accommodate them..
you are mistaken, chances are minimal, read this:
Family ties will not automatically qualify as essential travel. Travelling family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents must prove that they are travelling for an essential reason such as:
  • taking up full-time residence in Canada, which includes prospective permanent residents as well as temporary residents who are coming to Canada to live with immediate family members;
  • caring for sick family members or family members who are otherwise unable to care for themselves when no other arrangements can be made, the 14-day quarantine for travellers will
  • still factor into whether the travel is considered discretionary; or
  • shared custody agreement across borders, as this would be in compliance with a court order.

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
you are mistaken, chances are minimal, read this:
Family ties will not automatically qualify as essential travel. Travelling family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents must prove that they are travelling for an essential reason such as:
  • taking up full-time residence in Canada, which includes prospective permanent residents as well as temporary residents who are coming to Canada to live with immediate family members;
  • caring for sick family members or family members who are otherwise unable to care for themselves when no other arrangements can be made, the 14-day quarantine for travellers will
  • still factor into whether the travel is considered discretionary; or
  • shared custody agreement across borders, as this would be in compliance with a court order.
Again I did not say chances are high and that a person must be approved, I'm saying those who have the urge to apply should go ahead and do it inspite of what others say and review of previous refusal.. no one will know unless they try. And for more clarity I'm not even suggesting traveling in may... applying for travel in July, august ect.. im pretty sure even if you are refused it adds some urgency to your application. I'm not here to debate with anyone... I know of multiple people who have gotten tru. Not everyone will get it but if you are in a dire situation and you feel led to apply.. please dont let anyone stop you... have a great day everyone. All the best

Reactions: Sepi and adusafoa01

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Again I did not say chances are high and that a person must be approved, I'm saying those who have the urge to apply should go ahead and do it inspite of what others say and review of previous refusal.. no one will know unless they try. And for more clarity I'm not even suggesting traveling in may... applying for travel in July, august ect.. im pretty sure even if you are refused it adds some urgency to your application. I'm not here to debate with anyone... I know of multiple people who have gotten tru. Not everyone will get it but if you are in a dire situation and you feel led to apply.. please dont let anyone stop you... have a great day everyone. All the best
U are right

Reactions: Sepi and Tya

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You are right that anybody can apply but don't have your expectations too high. If they think you are desperate there to be with your family they are also probably concerned that the TRV holder won't leave Canada again. Therefore most will be refused.