+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Brendan92

Feb 28, 2020
If u Canadian Citizen, you dont need to be in Canada while Outland in process.
That said, if your wife is in Ukraine, their borders are closed.
Actually I found out from the Ukrainian embassy that I'm eligible to get on a flight to go there, just need to show proof that shes my wife at the airport.

Brendan92

Feb 28, 2020
Really???? Cause my wife is Ukranian too!
Yes this is what the Ukrainian embassy in Canada told me. I have to show a copy of my wife's passport, and a copy of our marriage certificate. There's flights from Toronto to Kyiv once a week now. But you have to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival and stay at a designated hotel, also they monitor your movements on some app.

Last edited:

AlexAU

Nov 6, 2019
These statements from the Govt are still not clear. We all know CBSA still reject applicants on the basis they might not leave Canada at the end of their stay because they are applying for PR. I hope not but we all know the Govt says one thing and these agencies do another. Hopefully this will not be the case and families will be able to reunite
Exactly, I wouldn't advise to apply for a new TRV, this most likely only applies for people who already have it and wishes to come to accompany an immediate family member. Otherwise, don't apply because you will have a refusal (most likely) in your application history.

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
Unfortunately I think is much more than that. I called Immigration Canada last week and the agent told me that it can go up to 2 years. I don't know for sure about the 2 years but maybd 6 months
What number did you call? My husband tried several times last week, the number he called before all this started, and all he's getting are recorded messages. He tried picking all the options they gave but never gets to the real person on the other side.

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
What number did you call? My husband tried several times last week, the number he called before all this started, and all he's getting are recorded messages. He tried picking all the options they gave but never gets to the real person on the other side.
1 888-242-2100 with option 2-1-1-0 they do talk a lot before they ask you to choose an option. I'm currently waiting on the phone with them now

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
1 888-242-2100 with option 2-1-1-0 they do talk a lot before they ask you to choose an option. I'm currently waiting on the phone with them now
Thanks. He called the same number and couldn't get anyone on the phone. I guess it only leaves us to keep trying until someone answers.

Reactions: Canada&CO