+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

AlexAU

Nov 6, 2019
Does this mean visa offices have to open?what did they say..explain
No, it means that they will allow immediate family members entry to Canada, and they don’t longer have to demonstrate that their stay is essential, they just want to be reunited with their family. Before you had to show proof that your spouse was essential during this unprecedented times and that if not granted the entry you would face some kind of hardship

Reactions: Nina12

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
No, it means that they will allow immediate family members entry to Canada, and they don’t longer have to demonstrate that their stay is essential, they just want to be reunited with their family. Before you had to show proof that your spouse was essential during this unprecedented times and that if not granted the entry you would face some kind of hardship
That’s so good.

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
Does this mean there's a higher chance of getting TRV? Or is it some kind of visa-on-arrival?

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Its nice to see the restrictions starting to ease up a bit. Of course for those of us still waiting for PR for our spouses this doesn't change things until that is completed. Of course once my wife (for example) gets her PR eventually approved (God-willing) then it should make it easier to bring her home

Reactions: AlexAU

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hi guys, I've ordered GCMS notes, the application hasn't been touched in the Mexico VO since January 12. Eligibility and Security hasn't been started. Should I just wait or is there anything I can do?

Timeline:

App received: November 15th
AOR1, SA Approval and Bio metrics: in December
We have really similar timelines. Can you please share the link to order the GCMS?

Thank you in advance

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi spouse is originally from Nigeria and doesn't have the Russian passport. Therefore his application was sent to Accra, Ghana. We are still waiting for medical request and no new since January. What about you? How far are you?
Ah I’m sorry. I misunderstood. I saw your nickname in the November spreadsheet and there was written that your file was transferred to Warsaw. So that’s why I was wondering if you got any response from this VO :) What about our case, the file was transferred on Jan 24 and I got AOR2 on June 1. Glad they got back to work!

AlexAU

Nov 6, 2019
Does this mean there's a higher chance of getting TRV? Or is it some kind of visa-on-arrival?
Don’t think so, but it means that if they already have a TRV stamped, an eTA or the PR visa, they won’t be rejected upon arrival as long as they can prove that they have a immediate family member in Canada. Before this, even if they had their PR Visa, they could be rejected entry if the officer was in the opinion that his arrival was not essential.

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
What is the timetable now that covid has delayed applications? Should we be expecting a 3 month delay now or more?
Unfortunately I think is much more than that. I called Immigration Canada last week and the agent told me that it can go up to 2 years. I don't know for sure about the 2 years but maybd 6 months

Brendan92

Feb 28, 2020
Unfortunately I think is much more than that. I called Immigration Canada last week and the agent told me that it can go up to 2 years. I don't know for sure about the 2 years but maybd 6 months
I think I'm going to withdraw my application now and move to my wife's country.

Reactions: Tya

Brendan92

Feb 28, 2020
I was told that moving to Ukraine would put my status as a sponsor in jeperody, even though I've been approved as a sponsor already. They want to see that I'm working and providing.

Reactions: Tya

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I was told that moving to Ukraine would put my status as a sponsor in jeperody, even though I've been approved as a sponsor already. They want to see that I'm working and providing.
If you’re a Canadian citizen and your application is Outland It will be just fine to be outside of Canada while waiting for their decision on your application.

Reactions: Nina12