Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
Hi all! Well, we just got first part of the notes and now we're more confused than ever. :confused:
If there's anyone who's really familiar with this, could you PM me, I'd like to ask few questions...would be much appreciated.
Thank you...

Reactions: Nina12

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Reactions: Irena023

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
Better to just post the parts you want help with, a lot of people don't like doing PM's. Besides you will get more opinions that way.
I know...like I said I'm more confused now than ever...
So...the application status says ON HOLD, Information Required.
Then the other part of the notes says this:
"Client will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B Upfront) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification Information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application."
That was on December 20th 2019. Since then no one sent us any letters or requests for anything. I went to triple check if I needed the medical before we submitted the application and it says "Do not do medical exam.....". Our application was 2 in 1, sponsorship and permanent residence.
From what I've read one should do the Upfront medical if you're applying for permanent residency. BUT when you go to that link, it says check who needs an upfront medical depending under which program you're applying for, again it gives me that I don't need one until they say so. :confused:
Even my online case status says
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
The only good thing that I've seen is that it seems it's been transferred to Vienna. And 0 grounds for refusal.
But like I said no one contacted us since December, no requests, no letters, nothing.

Sorry about the long writing....

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I know...like I said I'm more confused now than ever...
So...the application status says ON HOLD, Information Required.
Then the other part of the notes says this:
"Client will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B Upfront) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification Information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application."
That was on December 20th 2019. Since then no one sent us any letters or requests for anything. I went to triple check if I needed the medical before we submitted the application and it says "Do not do medical exam.....". Our application was 2 in 1, sponsorship and permanent residence.
From what I've read one should do the Upfront medical if you're applying for permanent residency. BUT when you go to that link, it says check who needs an upfront medical depending under which program you're applying for, again it gives me that I don't need one until they say so. :confused:
Even my online case status says
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
The only good thing that I've seen is that it seems it's been transferred to Vienna. And 0 grounds for refusal.
But like I said no one contacted us since December, no requests, no letters, nothing.

Sorry about the long writing....
Hi there. We recently ordered our notes as well and while we don't have the on hold status part, officer notes had the exact same thing and our medical status on gckey is the same too. Then file transfered to VO. Silence since then - 5 months now. My best guess is that it's some standard copy paste message for files that didn't have the medicals requested before VO transfer so that the VO is alerted they need to send it. Spouse sponsorship applications don't let you do the medicals before so no other sense to this.

Reactions: Irena023

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
I hope it's like that because it doesn't make any sense to me either. And On hold part is confusing too....maybe due to the virus thing going on? I don't know what to think. Now we're waiting for the 2nd part of notes but that's gonna take some time it seems...they said it's gonna take extra 60 days to get them, so some time in August..

iamerickson

Dec 20, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Anyone here from Philippines? I got a request letter from immigration last March 11, 2020 and asking for additional papers from NBI. My wife has a past case but got dismissed and it shows "No Criminal Record" on her police certificate. But according to the request letter from CIC we need to ask the NBI manila to provide a written letter explaining the remarks on the police certificate but they refused and advised they don't provide that letter. I even called the office as well but they insist that they don't do written letters. I'm really stressed and sad.

On the request letter it also asked to provide the court notes and my wife's own detail explanation. Would that be enough for CIC even though i can't provide the NBI written explanation?.

I'm still stuck on background check. and I have not received any AOR 2....

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
Hi Everyone,

Anyone here from Philippines? I got a request letter from immigration last March 11, 2020 and asking for additional papers from NBI. My wife has a past case but got dismissed and it shows "No Criminal Record" on her police certificate. But according to the request letter from CIC we need to ask the NBI manila to provide a written letter explaining the remarks on the police certificate but they refused and advised they don't provide that letter. I even called the office as well but they insist that they don't do written letters. I'm really stressed and sad.

On the request letter it also asked to provide the court notes and my wife's own detail explanation. Would that be enough for CIC even though i can't provide the NBI written explanation?.

SI don't know if this will work but maybe you can try.

If NBI does not issue letters, maybe you can draft a letter like an acknowledgment form that NBI does not issue such letter and they can only rely on how an individual is being reported. In your wife's case - "No criminal record."

Include a copy of the courts' notes and letter from CIC so that they will understand why you need it.

On your response to CIC would be an explanation letter, court notes, if granted the acknowledgment letter you drafted for NBI to sign.

Good luck!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I have seen the Q asked many times before but I haven't seen anyone answer how they dealt with it. All I could suggest is to do what @babychick said and maybe get a sworn affidavit explaining that NBI won't issue a document for that, supply all the docs you have and saying that there was nothing derogatory on your file.

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Reach out to an immigration consultant who is familiar handling cases from Philippines.

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi guys, I've ordered GCMS notes, the application hasn't been touched in the Mexico VO since January 12. Eligibility and Security hasn't been started. Should I just wait or is there anything I can do?

Timeline:

App received: November 15th
AOR1, SA Approval and Bio metrics: in December

Reactions: Canada&CO

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
I think Singapore VO is just not handing out medical requests right now because of pandemic. Last medical request date I've seen in the 2019 and 2020 spreadsheets is March 16. Some November2019 people were supposed to be next including me ;_;

Reactions: ramakhadka