+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
do you guys think that CIC will slow down the process very soon? due to the second wave of COVID
Not sure they will slow down the process, rather they are beefing up the process to back to normal. Like biometrics services coming back up. With the current tentative measures IRCC have in place, today they announced they have gradually resumed in-person interview:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html

Last edited:
Reactions: silvetstone

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Does 'AIP' and 'SA' means we are bascially getting our PR? How long we will wait before getting our PR if we got AIP and SA

Curlygirly09

Mar 21, 2020
Did everyone who applied before 6th November get their AIP and or SA? I had to submit some documents and I did that immediately through ECAS and at the same time officer had opened a another section to submit documents which I hadn’t noticed and it had couple of things like expiry date of the document and document no. which this PCC didn’t have and I did what the letter stated . Any way it kept on showing your action needed I had spoken to contact Center and they said its fine don’t worry about it and yesterday when I read people are getting their SA and AIP and I haven’t gotten anything though I am early November applicant I resubmitted the document through the section officer had opened and now it shows documents submitted.. does this mean my application is delayed ?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Does 'AIP' and 'SA' means we are bascially getting our PR? How long we will wait before getting our PR if we got AIP and SA
AIP and SA are towards the end of the PR application process, so yes, if you receive either one you're in the home stretch.

After AIP and SA, many people are contacted by IRCC via email confirming their location (inside or outside of Canada) and mailing address for PR card. If you get this, you should reply back to this email directly and immediately with the requested information. This email is in lieu of a formal landing appointment due to COVID.

Next is DM (Decision Made) and COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency). DM comes first, and COPR within a few days, if not same day. COPR comes with a PDF letter; IRCC may ask you to print the letter and mail it and 2 new PR card photos back to IRCC. The printed letter can also be used for a permanent SIN and OHIP (if you are in Ontario and don't have it already).

I hope that helps!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Did everyone who applied before 6th November get their AIP and or SA? I had to submit some documents and I did that immediately through ECAS and at the same time officer had opened a another section to submit documents which I hadn’t noticed and it had couple of things like expiry date of the document and document no. which this PCC didn’t have and I did what the letter stated . Any way it kept on showing your action needed I had spoken to contact Center and they said its fine don’t worry about it and yesterday when I read people are getting their SA and AIP and I haven’t gotten anything though I am early November applicant I resubmitted the document through the section officer had opened and now it shows documents submitted.. does this mean my application is delayed ?
I'm in a similar situation (late October applicant). I received SA but was also asked on the same day to submit additional documents to prove relationship and cohabitation. To answer your question, yes your application is delayed but probably NOT because of the method you used to submit your documents (ECAS vs. new section). The delay is caused by the time it takes IRCC to review and approve of your upload. I'm hoping the delay is no more than a business week or 2; I think I saw someone else respond that they were asked for additional docs on August 14, uploaded them on the 17th, and then received AIP on the 26th. Don't quote me on those dates, but the takeaway is that it took IRCC about 10 business days to review and approve their documents.