App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi everyone, I remember I sign a consent form for RCMP to issue my police record to CIC. Does that mean I won’t get a RCMP request like some of you ? Thanks

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I also got a request for fingerprints to complete the RCMP police check. Is this normal procedure?

My representative told me its normal procedure for holders of my citizenship and since i've been in canada for a long time (5 years), but thought I ask here.
Yes, this request is normal, but not everyone gets it. It's come up with a few October Inland apps, too (someone just posted a great timeline of their experience with this matter in that thread, if you want to have an idea of what to expect). I believe it is tied to your time in Canada and if you have the misfortune of having a common name. On your end there's not a lot to do after getting the fingerprinting done, it's just the frustration of following up with IRCC to see if it was received, and the ensuing runaround, which all of us are very familiar with at this point.

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
Yes, this request is normal, but not everyone gets it. It's come up with a few October Inland apps, too (someone just posted a great timeline of their experience with this matter in that thread, if you want to have an idea of what to expect). I believe it is tied to your time in Canada and if you have the misfortune of having a common name. On your end there's not a lot to do after getting the fingerprinting done, it's just the frustration of following up with IRCC to see if it was received, and the ensuing runaround, which all of us are very familiar with at this point.

Thank you!

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
hi all?
does medical request need fast? no food before test?
No fasting because they don't check cholestrol levels. The blood work is for HIV/AIDS and STI testing.

Reactions: silvetstone

Curlygirly09

Mar 21, 2020
how long does it take for them to receive medical request and acknowledgment of additional documents requested by them? I had to send them additional dox , but I am not sure if the dox I sent to them is acceptable or I need a replacement of it? I do see that they have received the dox.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
how long does it take for them to receive medical request and acknowledgment of additional documents requested by them? I had to send them additional dox , but I am not sure if the dox I sent to them is acceptable or I need a replacement of it? I do see that they have received the dox.
Medical results = depends on how long it takes for your clinic to send them in (assuming they are on the eMedical system). My clinic took 7 business days to transmit my results to IRCC, which they had told me. Once IRCC receives your test results, it only takes a couple of days to see that you've passed.

Additional documents = While they acknowledge they received the additional docs (as you know), they never really say if they've been accepted or not. You just have to wait and keep your fingers crossed that they don't come back and ask for the same thing yet again.

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
I'm following a FB group on this topic and it seems that early October applicants started receiving COPR. Most of them did their medical in February or March. Do you think that there's a chance for us to receive good news sooner (1-2 months) after we pass medical or are there some long processes that IRCC needs to do after the medical and our applications will drag on into the next year?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I'm following a FB group on this topic and it seems that early October applicants started receiving COPR. Most of them did their medical in February or March. Do you think that there's a chance for us to receive good news sooner (1-2 months) after we pass medical or are there some long processes that IRCC needs to do after the medical and our applications will drag on into the next year?
This is a great question because I am late-October and didn't make the cutoff for medicals pre-COVID. So in that sense my timing is more like the early November applicants.

I don't think the longest hold up is medicals though, I think it's the background check. Like medicals, many of my October applicant's BGCs were started pre-COVID, whereas mine was just started in August. These are the people that are now receiving SA, AIP, DM, COPR. I believe that the BCG is sent out to RCMP to conduct; it is not done by IRCC. So the time it takes to run the check, submit back to IRCC, and for IRCC to upload the results and move on to "Reviewing your eligibility" may take months. Hoping they expedite this process for those of us that had all progress halted mid-application for COVID.

Reactions: Stormie