+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

vanillacatte

Jan 4, 2019
I have done my medical early Sept. and the clinic confirmed they received and electronically sent the results to proper channels but on my profile, it still says ''Your action is required'' and ''We have requested a medical exam. ''
The request deadline is on 30th as it was requested on the 30th of August. Should I be worried? The background check has already begun.

Yoshida25

Jul 14, 2020
I have done my medical early Sept. and the clinic confirmed they received and electronically sent the results to proper channels but on my profile, it still says ''Your action is required'' and ''We have requested a medical exam. ''
The request deadline is on 30th as it was requested on the 30th of August. Should I be worried? The background check has already begun.
When you log into Your GCkey account and you click on the application, on top of the "application status" and applicant information" boxes there's an underlines link that states "view submitted application or upload documents". Try clicking on that link and perhaps you Will see what they are still missing and are expecting you to provide. I had the same "your action is required thing" in my application and when I clicked on that link it showed they still needed my rcmp fingerprints thingy although it had already been sent. I submitted the copy I had electronically and the "your action is required" thing went away.

vanillacatte

Jan 4, 2019
When you log into Your GCkey account and you click on the application, on top of the "application status" and applicant information" boxes there's an underlines link that states "view submitted application or upload documents". Try clicking on that link and perhaps you Will see what they are still missing and are expecting you to provide. I had the same "your action is required thing" in my application and when I clicked on that link it showed they still needed my rcmp fingerprints thingy although it had already been sent. I submitted the copy I had electronically and the "your action is required" thing went away.
Thank you for the tip, I just checked but no such luck. There is nothing missing in that section and no mention of the medical request still pending.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Thank you for the tip, I just checked but no such luck. There is nothing missing in that section and no mention of the medical request still pending.
If you have the hard copy of your medical results, just webform it to IRCC, that might speed up the update. The hospital uploaded my medical result to IRCC online and they were delaying to update mine so I webform it to them, the updated it and I received their feedback that they have recieved my medical. Two channels is good sometimes, try it. Unless you didn't ask for a copy of your medical results. Goodluck

Last edited:
Reactions: vanillacatte

Curlygirly09

Mar 21, 2020
I had the same thing . Not with medical though.

Curlygirly09

Mar 21, 2020
Was it for rcmp fingerprints? Did it work when you submitted it online? (Saw that you got SA, that's a good sign)
Not not RCMP , didn’t get asked for that . I had , PCC from another country. In submitted through web form and it kept showing documents requested same as you and then day before I uploaded the documents again through the link that officer had opened up , its was only then the status changed to documents submitted. And got a SA 2 days later . I don’t know if a coincidence or not. But again I don’t know if my background check has been completed yet cos the status of that hasn’t changed even though in my SA it states the processing of my application has been completed and I will be contacted. And oh I also contacted the contact centre yesterday and they said they are working on my background check , they didn’t not mention about working on my eligibility. Maybe give them a call , you might be hold for an hour or so but it lest you will get some kinda peace of mind .

Yoshida25

Jul 14, 2020
Not not RCMP , didn’t get asked for that . I had , PCC from another country. In submitted through web form and it kept showing documents requested same as you and then day before I uploaded the documents again through the link that officer had opened up , its was only then the status changed to documents submitted. And got a SA 2 days later . I don’t know if a coincidence or not. But again I don’t know if my background check has been completed yet cos the status of that hasn’t changed even though in my SA it states the processing of my application has been completed and I will be contacted. And oh I also contacted the contact centre yesterday and they said they are working on my background check , they didn’t not mention about working on my eligibility. Maybe give them a call , you might be hold for an hour or so but it lest you will get some kinda peace of mind .
I have time. I'm a Nov 14 applicant so I'd wait another 2-3 weeks before I start wondering if I've been left behind. Seems they're only at Nov 6-7.

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Does anybody know who can access the edit history in the spreadsheet? Somebody erased the background check and medical request/passed columns. It was helpful to see those dates in relation to everybody getting the AIP and SA right now.

Yoshida25

Jul 14, 2020
Does anybody know who can access the edit history in the spreadsheet? Somebody erased the background check and medical request/passed columns. It was helpful to see those dates in relation to everybody getting the AIP and SA right now.
Actually I looked into it further and the medical request and background check sections haven't been deleted. They're still there, just hidden. If you check the columns by alphabetical order you'll see that some of them are just hidden and there's a little + sign on top to make them appear.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of IRCC, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
IRCC has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of IRCC, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
IRCC has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html
This is huge!

Does it apply to in-canada class?