Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2015; Fourth Line : 19-06-2015; PP Sent on 22-06-2015 via VFS Banglore
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-08-2015
I received SA last week and was at 90%. Oct. 30, 2019 applicant.

But you know that progress bar is just a percentage of the time of the date submitted to 12 months out, right? It has nothing to do with where your actual application is in the review/approval process. And I believe once you hit 100% in time only (as opposed to progress), the bar never changes, resets, or updates.

Takeaway--don't rely on the progress bar as an indicator of timing for your PR approval. Talking with people in these threads is a much better indicator of current steps and processing times, especially given the COVID situation.
Thanks....

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

JK123

Apr 24, 2020
hallo its been a week since i received SA no AIP. and no request for new documents i see people get SA and AIP at the same time. do you think there is an issue. thank you

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
AIP is when they email/call saying your application is completed and you’re a PR. Can anyone please confirm? DM is AIP?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
AIP is when they email/call saying your application is completed and you’re a PR. Can anyone please confirm? DM is AIP?
AIP is different than DM.

AIP comes in a letter from IRCC. After AIP you might receive a call or email to confirm your current location (inside or outside of Canada) and mailing address.

DM will come after that. Then finally COPR, another letter that is the last big milestone. You may be asked to print the COPR letter and mail it to IRCC with 2 new PR card photos.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
hallo its been a week since i received SA no AIP. and no request for new documents i see people get SA and AIP at the same time. do you think there is an issue. thank you
There's probably not an issue. IRCC may be waiting until your background check is complete is issue your AIP. Each agent does things in a different order.

If you're really worried, you could try calling them to ask. But I'd give it at least another week before contacting them, personally.

Reactions: abigirl and JK123

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
AIP is different than DM.

AIP comes in a letter from IRCC. After AIP you might receive a call or email to confirm your current location (inside or outside of Canada) and mailing address.

DM will come after that. Then finally COPR, another letter that is the last big milestone. You may be asked to print the COPR letter and mail it to IRCC with 2 new PR card photos.
Thank you so much for your reply. We have received Applicant Eligibility passed letter asking for Police certificate from home country and SA.
Just have to wait now till they finish the background check. Then AIP, call/email, DM, COPR as you mentioned .
Can you also please confirm Eligibility passed letter is same as AIP. What exactly AIP states?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Thank you so much for your reply. We have received Applicant Eligibility passed letter asking for Police certificate from home country and SA.
Just have to wait now till they finish the background check. Then AIP, call/email, DM, COPR as you mentioned .
Can you also please confirm Eligibility passed letter is same as AIP. What exactly AIP states?
Yes, Eligibility passed letter is AIP. That letter usually starts out like:

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

After that the wording varies, but it's main purpose is to inform you that you've met the eligibility requirements.

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Yes, Eligibility passed letter is AIP. That letter usually starts out like:

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

After that the wording varies, but it's main purpose is to inform you that you've met the eligibility requirements.
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate you assistance.

Cheers

Saim0001

Sep 17, 2020
I additional document request after one week from SA

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I thought I read somewhere that you can start either the SIN number process or the OHIP process once you get your AIP but I can't find anything about it now. It's possible I'm remembering incorrectly. Does anybody know if being able to start any of the PR process with AIP is a thing?
1. Yes, you can get OHIP with AIP: https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
  • Print your AIP letter and bring proof of residency and proof of identification. Letter must be printed.
  • **Please note** that many Service Ontario centers have a reduced services listing and you have to make sure the center you're going to is a full-service Service Ontario. One way to tell if your location can help you is if on the location's website it says the following, you will not be able to apply for OHIP with AIP at that location (it's doesn't specifically say "No OHIP with AIP, but I found this out firsthand last week after waiting in line at my Service Ontario for an hour, only to be told to go to a different location).
Special note

You cannot get health card services at this location if you:

• have a Temporary Resident Permit or Work Permit that says valid until or issued until a specific date

2. SIN you will have to wait for COPR. If you don't have a SIN from an OWP already, you can apply for a new one. If you have a temporary SIN, then you have to convert it to a permanent SIN with COPR.

Hope this helps!

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
1. Yes, you can get OHIP with AIP: https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
  • Print your AIP letter and bring proof of residency and proof of identification. Letter must be printed.
  • **Please note** that many Service Ontario centers have a reduced services listing and you have to make sure the center you're going to is a full-service Service Ontario. One way to tell if your location can help you is if on the location's website it says the following, you will not be able to apply for OHIP with AIP at that location (it's doesn't specifically say "No OHIP with AIP, but I found this out firsthand last week after waiting in line at my Service Ontario for an hour, only to be told to go to a different location).
Special note

You cannot get health card services at this location if you:
  • have a Temporary Resident Permit or Work Permit that says valid until or issued until a specific date

2. SIN you will have to wait for COPR. If you don't have a SIN from an OWP already, you can apply for a new one. If you have a temporary SIN, then you have to convert it to a permanent SIN with COPR.

Hope this helps!
Oh! I just deleted this before realizing you answered. This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much!