+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Hello all,

I got my SA and eligibilty passed email yesterday. They have asked Police certificate from my homeland which I have provided through IRCC webform. Medicals already passed and my background check is in progress. Can anyone please tell me how long they will take to update the next step - DM & COPR

What is AIP?

Thank you

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
If you have the hard copy of your medical results, just webform it to IRCC, that might speed up the update. The hospital uploaded my medical result to IRCC online and they were delaying to update mine so I webform it to them, the updated it and I received their feedback that they have recieved my medical. Two channels is good sometimes, try it. Unless you didn't ask for a copy of your medical results. Goodluck
How long they took to update your medical result reception after you uploaded medical result through IRCC Webform?

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of IRCC, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
IRCC has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html
Outland processing timeframe was always quicker than inland - one instance what I noted for us inlanders - We got AOR after two months from application received date whereas Outlanders got their AOR within 15-20 days from application received date.

So you can imagine how quick they get their application completed.

Reactions: hiwilley

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Actually I looked into it further and the medical request and background check sections haven't been deleted. They're still there, just hidden. If you check the columns by alphabetical order you'll see that some of them are just hidden and there's a little + sign on top to make them appear.
I see it. Thank you!

Reactions: Yoshida25

Curlygirly09

Mar 21, 2020
AIP and SA are towards the end of the PR application process, so yes, if you receive either one you're in the home stretch.

After AIP and SA, many people are contacted by IRCC via email confirming their location (inside or outside of Canada) and mailing address for PR card. If you get this, you should reply back to this email directly and immediately with the requested information. This email is in lieu of a formal landing appointment due to COVID.

Next is DM (Decision Made) and COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency). DM comes first, and COPR within a few days, if not same day. COPR comes with a PDF letter; IRCC may ask you to print the letter and mail it and 2 new PR card photos back to IRCC. The printed letter can also be used for a permanent SIN and OHIP (if you are in Ontario and don't have it already).

I hope that helps!
How long does it take for contacted by IRCC after receiving SA?

Last edited:

daviddc001

Sep 25, 2020
Hello everyone, my application was sent nov5 2019
my timeline is jan7 2020 got my file number
medical request aug 18 2020
letter saying eligibility passed received on sep24th 2020

Usually what are the next steps and how long normally would that be? Thanks.

vanillacatte

Jan 4, 2019
Everyone who gave me advice on how to fix the medical results to show up, thank you, it worked after I webformed them the results myself which I obtained from the clinic where I had the medical exam done.

I have another mystery if someone has any insights, it was requested for me to submit some additional information for my application and I followed the letter instructions to webform the information to them. It has been several days since and my file still says that there is an action required from me and that they still need this info. The request letter is still there with the same instructions on how to submit the requested information.

Occasionally if I refresh and click ''view my submitted application or upload documents'' link at the top of the webpage it will show an option to submit ''optional documents'' replacement document with the applicant info. I of course have no idea which file this might be? I never received a request to replace any of the submitted documents and the weirdest part is that if I refresh the page it disappears.
I don't know if this has anything to do with the letter requesting for some additional information because that letter was very clear on how to submit it and I followed it clearly (linked webform page).

Reactions: hiwilley

sandeep7972

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014 [PER]
File Transfer...
8-02-2015 [SECOND LINE]
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015, Third Line : 28-05-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2015; Fourth Line : 19-06-2015; PP Sent on 22-06-2015 via VFS Banglore
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-08-2015
Hi
Hi
I'd like to ask you all something. Whoever got the SA approval, what was the percentage of your file completion in your mycic account.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
How long does it take for contacted by IRCC after receiving SA?
Not sure but I think within a few days, from what I've seen with other applicants.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi
Hi
I'd like to ask you all something. Whoever got the SA approval, what was the percentage of your file completion in your mycic account.
I received SA last week and was at 90%. Oct. 30, 2019 applicant.

But you know that progress bar is just a percentage of the time of the date submitted to 12 months out, right? It has nothing to do with where your actual application is in the review/approval process. And I believe once you hit 100% in time only (as opposed to progress), the bar never changes, resets, or updates.

Takeaway--don't rely on the progress bar as an indicator of timing for your PR approval. Talking with people in these threads is a much better indicator of current steps and processing times, especially given the COVID situation.