Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
My man, NASA is discovering alternate realities in the middle of the pandemic and you're saying IRCC cannot even process a single application because citizenship application is non-essential? It's not like the agents are doubling up as reserve firefighters, nurses, etc.
Lets say they have stopped processing citizenship applications all together. What do we loose?
1. Right to vote.
2. Join army
3. Jobs where TSC is required.

For No.3, they can expedite the process like they did in a case. 1 and 2 are not an immediate problem or issue for candidates. I think we should let them handle the COVID than pressure to process some citizenship applications.Immigrants are not loosing money/benefits or in the risk of loosing immigration status.

A lot of us are really anxious about the citizenship application (including me). It is something really exciting. I think part of the anxiety is the lack of communication from IRCC. At this point, one step they can do is to release a notification that application can take as much as 2 years to complete and it should bring some calm or expectations in applicants mind.

Reactions: btoronto

K3n

Aug 20, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Hoping I can get a quick response on this. I submitted my citizenship application on Nov 16, 2019 which was received by the CPC Sydney NS office on Nov 25, 2019. On Jan 29, 2020 they returned back the application since I mistakenly left a box empty in a 'Yes' or 'No' question. The comment on the letter states:

Your application was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken. If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include:
  • The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated October 2017 or later as indicated on the lower left corner of the form
  • Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
  • All the required documents based on the Document Checklist of the form for a grant of citizenship (CIT-0002); and
  • The proof of payment

My questions are:

1) Since the date of signature on the original application will be used it seems that I can submit the entire same application by just changing the page that is required? And does that still apply even though it is almost 4 months from the date the application was returned?

2) The letter states that the fees was not taken. However, I checked with my bank and it seems that the payment I made on Nov 11, 2019 has not been credited to my visa/refunded to me by IRCC. If I submit the application with the same proof of payment, after roughly 7 months, can IRCC still collect the same payment?

3) I have recently changed my address. What is the correct way to proceed:
  • Should I fill a new application now with the new date for signing? If so, how will they use the date of signature on the original application?
  • Should I submit both applications?
  • Should I still submit the old application and just update the address on the two pages where it is required? If so, won't it be weird that an application is back-dated to Nov 2019 but has an address change of May 2020?
  • Or is the best solution to submit the same application and submit a Change of Address form? I didn't see any but there is an online tool to do so. However, I get an error which is most likely because my application has not started being processed yet. So should I send the same application and at the same time change address online concurrently?
4) Will IRCC take one year again now to complete processing the entire application?

Thanks
Ken

Last edited:

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
My man, NASA is discovering alternate realities in the middle of the pandemic and you're saying IRCC cannot even process a single application because citizenship application is non-essential? It's not like the agents are doubling up as reserve firefighters, nurses, etc.
I'm not a man. Also, I work for a government agency and I was re-deployed to an essential position among the pandemic. IRCC agents could be re-deployed as well to help with EI/CERB applications for example.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
I'm not a man. Also, I work for a government agency and I was re-deployed to an essential position among the pandemic. IRCC agents could be re-deployed as well to help with EI/CERB applications for example.
I would agree that working on EI/CERB queries is more important than citizenship applications but I hope that the wait is not forever.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
USCIS Offices Preparing to Reopen on June 4

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices, and application support centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS is readying offices to reopen on or after June 4. Employees in these offices are continuing to perform mission-essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public while the offices are closed.
While offices are temporarily closed, USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency in-person services. Please call the USCIS Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.
USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by the extended temporary closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes operations for in-person services, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the temporary office closure. Individuals will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Those who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if the respective office has been reopened before calling the Contact Center.
Please also visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for updates. For the latest information on the status of an office, visit https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-offices-preparing-reopen-june-4

Reactions: issteven

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
USCIS Offices Preparing to Reopen on June 4

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices, and application support centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS is readying offices to reopen on or after June 4. Employees in these offices are continuing to perform mission-essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public while the offices are closed.
While offices are temporarily closed, USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency in-person services. Please call the USCIS Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.
USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by the extended temporary closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes operations for in-person services, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the temporary office closure. Individuals will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Those who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if the respective office has been reopened before calling the Contact Center.
Please also visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for updates. For the latest information on the status of an office, visit https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-offices-preparing-reopen-june-4
Wrong thread. Post it in US side threads.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
How many people are usually allowed during the citizenship tests and how long does it take for one group? Considering the fact that most of Canada will be allowing a gathering of 10 people atleast at a given time then IRCC can consider starting the exams.

Reactions: acerbico423

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
How many people are usually allowed during the citizenship tests and how long does it take for one group? Considering the fact that most of Canada will be allowing a gathering of 10 people atleast at a given time then IRCC can consider starting the exams.
hoping they will start it at least by the next 3 weeks...

Reactions: yasmin123456

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well. Has anyone received any updates/news?

Guess they just processing huh?

My PR card expires in a couple of months and I decided to renew. Looks like we wont get our citizenship any time soon.

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well. Has anyone received any updates/news?

Guess they just processing huh?

My PR card expires in a couple of months and I decided to renew. Looks like we wont get our citizenship any time soon.
might as well if you intend to leave the country in the meantime else it is not required as you don't lose your PR status.