+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
what does this mean?
Few main things.

1. Gradual opening of things and getting back to work.
2. Hybrid model of work. Some will work remotely and some will work in offices; depending on role and availability of resources.
3. Use of technology and digital services will increase.
4. Guidelines mostly are driven out and dependent on health official recommendations.

Reactions: issteven

pandapanda

Jul 20, 2020
Family size: 1
Physical Presence: 30 days over requirement
App. Sent: 22 Nov, 2019
App. Delivered: 27 Nov, 2019
AOR: 22 Feb, 2020
Test: 9 Mar, 2020
DM: 10 Mar, 2020

I've contacted IRCC a couple of times via the web form regarding oath ceremony, but they don't have any updates. I even asked if I could have the privilege of taking the oath on Canada Day this year over video. No such luck.

Last edited:

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Family size: 1
Physical Presence: 30 days over requirement
App. Sent: 22 Nov, 2019
App. Delivered: 27 Nov, 2019
AOR: 22 Feb, 2019
Test: 9 Mar,2019
DM: 10 Mar, 2019

I've contacted IRCC a couple of times via the web form regarding oath ceremony, but they don't have any updates. I even asked if I could have the privilege of taking the oath on Canada Day this year over video. No such luck.
you are very fast

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
what does this mean?
it means nothing
clearly all the IRCC employees are busy with something else than processing citizenship applications.
this is extremely disappointing as the immigration streams has stopped they could now just clean up the citizenship back log. instead they have done nothing for 4+ months!

Reactions: acerbico423

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
it means nothing
clearly all the IRCC employees are busy with something else than processing citizenship applications.
this is extremely disappointing as the immigration streams has stopped they could now just clean up the citizenship back log. instead they have done nothing for 4+ months!
I have just assumed that it will take another 6 months and that's how i keep my sanity lol

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My assessment says that they will start the tests after 2nd week of Aug., I could be wrong.
Normally interview used to happen after the test, what can of think of now of the interview aspect?

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Normally interview used to happen after the test, what can of think of now of the interview aspect?
Maybe they should consider eliminating the interview, especially when everything is electronic and if CBSA data is complete and provided, I don't understand the value in manually reviewing passport stamps. I do hope they review this aspect of the process and look at the value this steps add to the overall process.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe they should consider eliminating the interview, especially when everything is electronic and if CBSA data is complete and provided, I don't understand the value in manually reviewing passport stamps. I do hope they review this aspect of the process and look at the value this steps add to the overall process.
Only if CBSA exit entry is accurate...I read sometimes they ask for other countries exit entry reports just to compare.

pandapanda

Jul 20, 2020
CBSA only started to collect exit info since May 2019, lol.... how behind they had been..
Actually, they've started forming an accurate exit/entry database since 2013 so you can actually get all your travel records from as early as 2013. There's also data exchange with some countries, notably the USA.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Actually, they've started forming an accurate exit/entry database since 2013 so you can actually get all your travel records from as early as 2013. There's also data exchange with some countries, notably the USA.
and only exits records with USA were recorded. All other exit records to third country were not recorded before 2019