+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
We have received the test date for 16th pf April, and no information yet if it has been cancelled. On the website it states all is cancelled until 13th April, but no mention of what happens after the 13th April?
Any info you might have would be appreciated , where can we get this data?
Did you try filling out the web form? Unless IRCC updates their website, you may hear back just in time before the 16th. Good luck!

Glen86

Aug 18, 2015
Montreal
Just to let you know that I just received my appointment cancellation by email (initially planned on April 16).
It says all appointments are cancelled until further notice. They will contact us with a new date.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Just to let you know that I just received my appointment cancellation by email (initially planned on April 16).
It says all appointments are cancelled until further notice. They will contact us with a new date.
We were hoping that they would come up with innovative method to start rolling the things but looks like not gonna happen. Thanks for update.

Reactions: Glen86

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
no need to stay in Canada after submitting application. But you need to fly back for test and ceremony if they notify you . also make sure your PR (and card) status does not expire.
Thank you for your response!!

Yup, our PR have validity until 2022. My daughter need not take test so she can be outside Canada while I am taking test right? Because we both applied at once.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
hi guys
it seems that the process got to a screeching halt. no updates, no progress on anything.
should we start to ask our MPs whats going on?
except for the exams and ceremonies the rest should be rolling but it seems nothing happening.
any thoughts???

tellme.sd

Apr 25, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My information is:
  • Application sent: Nov 01, 2019
  • Received: Nov 04, 2019
  • Acknowledgement receipt: Jan 23, 2020
  • Processing Started: Feb 04, 2020
  • Sent from: Brampton
  • Presence calculator: 1,140
  • Family of: 2

Reactions: itwillbegood

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
We have received the test date for 16th pf April, and no information yet if it has been cancelled. On the website it states all is cancelled until 13th April, but no mention of what happens after the 13th April?
Any info you might have would be appreciated , where can we get this data?
Did this happen?

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
“Recognizing that some people may have urgent reasons to finish the citizenship process, including taking the citizenship oath during a ceremony, the Ministry will soon organize virtual ceremonies for persons and families who had already communicated with IRCC to notify that they needed to obtain citizenship for urgent reasons, such as satisfying work requirements,” Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) spokesperson Shannon Ker told HuffPost in an email.

While the exceptional measure won’t be offered to applicants like Gill straight away, IRCC will offer it to a wider pool of applicants “as soon as possible,” Ker adds.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
My two cents: we're in an emergency state, citizenship applications are not an essential issue. The government is putting all their resources into managing and solving the essential stuff. Please be mindful.
My man, NASA is discovering alternate realities in the middle of the pandemic and you're saying IRCC cannot even process a single application because citizenship application is non-essential? It's not like the agents are doubling up as reserve firefighters, nurses, etc.