Physical Presence: 1105
Application Sent: Nov 16, 2019
Application Delivered: Nov 21, 2019
AOR: Feb 3, 2020
In-Process: March 12, 2020

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
Hi,

I have a question i.e. I have applied Citizenship app in Nov 2019 along with my daughter's app. We already received AOR in Feb. After the Corona effect is gone, my family (not me) will be travelling to India for an year. If we (myself and my daughter) both do not receive our citizenship by the time they leave.

Will there be any impact for our Citizenship app? Do all the candidates have to be in Canada until their citizenship app is approved?

Reply is really appreciated!!!

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hi,

I have a question i.e. I have applied Citizenship app in Nov 2019 along with my daughter's app. We already received AOR in Feb. After the Corona effect is gone, my family (not me) will be travelling to India for an year. If we (myself and my daughter) both do not receive our citizenship by the time they leave.

Will there be any impact for our Citizenship app? Do all the candidates have to be in Canada until their citizenship app is approved?

Reply is really appreciated!!!
no need to stay in Canada after submitting application. But you need to fly back for test and ceremony if they notify you . also make sure your PR (and card) status does not expire.

Nov 14, 2019
Hey guys, I received from ecas that I was sent the discover to Canada on Feb 12th, however, I haven't received it via mail till today. Is that normal? Could I be missing FingerPrint request as well? Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I received from ecas that I was sent the discover to Canada on Feb 12th, however, I haven't received it via mail till today. Is that normal? Could I be missing FingerPrint request as well? Thanks
For the physical book you have to order it yourself. It’s free though. They only sent you the link to the pdf book.

sam_suresh

Jan 27, 2015
Hi everybody.. i have given my FP on mar 13th. But did not get any status update on ecas until today (mar 31st). Kindly let me know what happeñs in ECAS after FP submission. Did anybody get FP acknowledgement from IRCC?

Amar_Citizenship

Jan 21, 2020
Hi everybody.. i have given my FP on mar 13th. But did not get any status update on ecas until today (mar 31st). Kindly let me know what happeñs in ECAS after FP submission. Did anybody get FP acknowledgement from IRCC?
Hi there, even I submitted My FP on March 4th. I submitted an enquiry through the IRCC forum to check if they received it as the call centre is currently closed because of the virus. They replied back confirming that they did. So I would suggest you to submit an inquiry to check if they received. They will reply you back within 5 business days I believe.

Glen86

Aug 18, 2015
Montreal
People with a test scheduled and cancelled in March, did you receive an email/mail notification about it? Did you receive a new date for your test?

FYI, it now says on the site that citizenship events are cancelled till April 13.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Any chance of starting the process next week? This was IRCC tweeter reply on Monday morning Apr 06/2020.

''Hi. Yes, IRCC is working to ensure there is minimal impact on our processing times. Check your app status online: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html… If you can’t do that, you may send us a web form: https://cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp''

IRCC in-person offices in Canada
IRCC’s offices have cancelled all

Last edited:

mbanius

May 13, 2014
We have received the test date for 16th pf April, and no information yet if it has been cancelled. On the website it states all is cancelled until 13th April, but no mention of what happens after the 13th April?
Any info you might have would be appreciated , where can we get this data?