17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all and @legalfalcon

We're in a bit of a situation and could use some feedback/advice. So my wife (dependent) and I found out we're expecting a baby recently which is due in June 2021. We've got our PPR request on Nov 21st 2020 and are just waiting to send the passports. Do we inform IRCC? How do we - webform or a covering letter with the passports? Does it effect our COPRs? Anyone who's in the same boat or can offer some advice we would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S. Should also mention that we hope to have the baby in Canada and would like to land ASAP.
Congratulations!!
You can only add a dependent new born after it is born. Unless it is born, you do not have to inform IRCC and just send your passports.

This does not affect your COPR or your PR application is any way.

Reactions: yunusyx

yunusyx

Mar 11, 2020
Congratulations!!
You can only add a dependent new born after it is born. Unless it is born, you do not have to inform IRCC and just send your passports.

This does not affect your COPR or your PR application is any way.
Thank you for your reply!! Im glad to hear it but like I posted previously we have raised a webform and informed IRCC just to be on the safe side. I hope this doesn't affect anything and we'll get our COPR soon.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your reply!! Im glad to hear it but like I posted previously we have raised a webform and informed IRCC just to be on the safe side. I hope this doesn't affect anything and we'll get our COPR soon.

You didn't have to as you cannot add a dependent until it is born. Until a child is born, it is not considered a legal entity.

Now you will have to wait for IRCC based on what they respond. In many cases they just don't read and send a response with a list of documents to submit and place your application on hold until you provide the documents.

Just wait and see the response.

yunusyx

Mar 11, 2020
You didn't have to as you cannot add a dependent until it is born. Until a child is born, it is not considered a legal entity.

Now you will have to wait for IRCC based on what they respond. In many cases they just don't read and send a response with a list of documents to submit and place your application on hold until you provide the documents.

Just wait and see the response.
Oh no, I hope they don't do that. Since like you said there are no documents to submit. Now I just hope they say okay and let us proceed.

m_jags06

Oct 25, 2018
Same here , FSW Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia nearly a year. :(. Dont't know when this infinite wait will end.
Is your country of residence India? A bunch of folks were issued PPRs (FSW & PNP) in the last few weeks from New Delhi VO, not sure when other Visa Offices will start the same for Indian residents.

Reactions: Rkaursaran

m_jags06

Oct 25, 2018
Not me, we have the same AOR, 1 year today wow... It seems like good news for you soon as your medical is already extended so it should be PPR next, my medical hasn't even been updated
I got a ghost update on 16th Nov'20 as well so I am really skeptical about this one :D, still hoping for the best! What's your VO and Country of residence?

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
I got a ghost update on 16th Nov'20 as well so I am really skeptical about this one :D, still hoping for the best! What's your VO and Country of residence?
On 16th Nov, me too but I think it was a glitch cause many of us got a GU. Country of residence changed from Australia to Vietnam a few months ago so not sure if that has delayed my application. VO per GCMS is CIO and Niagra Falls (which seems like not many ppl are with this VO)

m_jags06

Oct 25, 2018
On 16th Nov, me too but I think it was a glitch cause many of us got a GU. Country of residence changed from Australia to Vietnam a few months ago so not sure if that has delayed my application. VO per GCMS is CIO and Niagra Falls (which seems like not many ppl are with this VO)
The good thing is that your application is approved so as soon as the VACs in Vietnam start procession applications in a substantial capacity you should be getting the PPR.

Reactions: amyung