+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Congratulations!!!

I believe yes you are free to do whatever now. Do ask Legalfalcao as he's very knowledgeable in the legal aspect.
Thanks @nns14!

Dear @legalfalcon,
I got the CoPR yesterday, the letter reads as follows:

Dear XXX:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
[...] this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a
travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

Does that mean I can start looking for a new job??? (I am currently on an employer-specific work permit).

mhelbig

Apr 27, 2020
Congratulations buddy....which VO ?? And when did your medical passed again ??
Medicals passed on Dec 6, 2019. The CoPR was issued by the IRCC Montreal office but I was told earlier this year that it was being processed at CPC Ottawa. Not 100% what the VO was. Where can I find this information?

Reactions: @@@@

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @nns14!

Dear @legalfalcon,
I got the CoPR yesterday, the letter reads as follows:

Dear XXX:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
[...] this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a
travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

Does that mean I can start looking for a new job??? (I am currently on an employer-specific work permit).
This means that your are now a landed PR.

As a PR you can work anywhere.

Congratulations!!

• Love
Reactions: Bilybongosky

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Congratulations... As per GCMS notes , Can you please please let us know your organisation id of CN COVID pace group?
Is it O26******5191?
Hi
Did you find anything about this Org. ID? I have the same ID, with Reason Description as Pending Findec (i.e. Pending Final Decision).
I am a Dec 2019 AOR with Ontario-PNP....Still waiting for any new GU/file movement. File is stuck at CIO while everything is passed since May 2020.

Sho_bha

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi
Did you find anything about this Org. ID? I have the same ID, with Reason Description as Pending Findec (i.e. Pending Final Decision).
I am a Dec 2019 AOR with Ontario-PNP....Still waiting for any new GU/file movement. File is stuck at CIO while everything is passed since May 2020.
This Org Id is of no use now... Many with same Id already recieved PPR(apart from India and China). Its more of a matter of luck now, whose file is picked first. I am NBPNP with pending findec. I have recieved three GUs in last three days . Will call today again and find out what was it all about.

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
This Org Id is of no use now... Many with same Id already recieved PPR(apart from India and China). Its more of a matter of luck now, whose file is picked first. I am NBPNP with pending findec. I have recieved three GUs in last three days . Will call today again and find out what was it all about.
Maybe the GUs are for Medical Extension and file movement to local VO....Good luck!

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi
In your GCMS, is the Final: Approved? or is there a COPR number or Visa number issued? I'm in the same Covid Pace, Pending Findec but Final is approved, COPR details since May per GCMS

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
In your GCMS, is the Final: Approved? or is there a COPR number or Visa number issued? I'm in the same Covid Pace, Pending Findec but Final is approved, COPR details since May per GCMS
Hi
Your application is in better shape than mine w.r.t. COPR details. Mine is blank there as it is still Pending Findec.
Good luck!

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi
Your application is in better shape than mine w.r.t. COPR details. Mine is blank there as it is still Pending Findec.
Good luck!
Ohhh okay, I'm trying to be positive but looking at the COPR details issued on the note and no PPR just makes me mad gosh! My primary office is CIO too, but secondary is Niagra Falls. Good luck to you too!

mmreddy

Jun 9, 2020
Hello All,

Here is my timeline

AOR: Nov 14 2019

Biometrics Completed: December 19th 2019

Ready for Visa: October 19th 2020

My Passport Delivered on: October 20 2020

New Photos Required: October 26 2020

My Photos Delivered on: October 27 2020.

Since then i got no response from them. How much time is taking to get the passport back. Is it is usual to take this much time after submitting the passport? Please advise.

Thanks

mk64

Dec 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I got my COPR today.
AOR: Nov 25 2019
CEC inland
I got the COPR through the new PR confirmation portal.
My application was with Ottawa office and I hope others waiting will get theirs soon.

Dear @legalfalcon ,
In my COPR letter it says valid to the end of December. This was the date my old passport was set to expire, however, I have since renewed it and communicated this information with IRCC via a case specific enquiry. My last GCMS notes show that they have received the information on my new passport. I was wondering if I need to raise another case specific enquiry to revise my COPR and what will happen when my COPR expires. I appreciate your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone,

I got my COPR today.
AOR: Nov 25 2019
CEC inland
I got the COPR through the new PR confirmation portal.
My application was with Ottawa office and I hope others waiting will get theirs soon.

Dear @legalfalcon ,
In my COPR letter it says valid to the end of December. This was the date my old passport was set to expire, however, I have since renewed it and communicated this information with IRCC via a case specific enquiry. My last GCMS notes show that they have received the information on my new passport. I was wondering if I need to raise another case specific enquiry to revise my COPR and what will happen when my COPR expires. I appreciate your help.

For your COPR to be revised, your application will have to be re-opened. It will take time. Usually if your cOPR expires, and your re unable to travel, you can contact IRCC, they will issue a new COPR. But before the new COPR is issued it has to be made sure that your Medicals and PPs are valid.

You will have to wait for a response from IRCC.

Kumar2020

May 9, 2020
@legalfalcon I need your support on my below query. Please reply. I received COPR on 28th October 2020 and it valid until 30th Jan 2021. Currently I cannot travel as still travel restrictions are there. But I'm ready to travel if they allow. Can I ask for travel authorization? Please advice on how can I proceed. Thank you very much.