24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Sorry, AOR - Nov 9th, 2019.
I've edited my post just now, not to cause any confusion, thanks!

Congratulations... did you receive email or through online portal ???
I received a generic email saying that my profile has been updated.
I checked my profile and there were two messages (called INFORMATION LETTER) which I can't open and the information with COPR number for me and my wife.

Not sure what to do next, to be honest. Normally I would be already sitting in my car, driving south to the US border to flagpole... But in these interesting circumstances, I feel like I will have to wait looong time for the validation and the PR card.
Use another browser to open it. The info letter is your COPR letter.

Reactions: Bilybongosky

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Use another browser to open it. The info letter is your COPR letter.
Thank you very much @nns14, I was able to open them with Mozilla.
Much appreciated!

The letter reads as follows:
Dear XXX:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
[...] this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a
travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

I guess the wait is over! I am finally a Permanent Resident!
Does that mean I can start looking for a new job??? (I am currently on an employer-specific work permit).

Reactions: nns14

mayacan

Nov 17, 2020
H i all, please can you explain to me , could we ask for the travel authorization, even if our COPR are delivered after the 18th march? thanks.

manik1203

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018

I checked my profile and there were two messages (called INFORMATION LETTER) which I can't open and the information with COPR number for me and my wife.

Not sure what to do next, to be honest. Normally I would be already sitting in my car, driving south to the US border to flagpole... But in these interesting circumstances, I feel like I will have to wait looong time for the validation and the PR card.
Congratulations...was ur application approved before?
like when i called them. they said everything is passed..now waiting for the final decision
Aor 17 nov cec inland

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Congratulations...was ur application approved before?
like when i called them. they said everything is passed..now waiting for the final decision
Aor 17 nov cec inland
Not really, I asked them if the application was approved (about a month ago) but they told me the final decision hasn't been made yet.
I did not really receive any other info from them. My main point of contact and updates was my MP Office.
Cheers!

clynne

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Category........
FSW
Not really, I asked them if the application was approved (about a month ago) but they told me the final decision hasn't been made yet.
I did not really receive any other info from them. My main point of contact and updates was my MP Office.
Cheers!
what exactly did your MP office do for you in regards to your application?

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
what exactly did your MP office do for you in regards to your application?
They were getting updates for me. Nothing really groundbreaking but much more convenient than webform or phonecalls. I used to email them every month or so to see if there was any movement on the file. Updates were exactly the same since April 2020 though. Everything passed except medicals.
Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020

Congratulations
My AOR is November 8th 2019, FST inland Hope I will get good news soon

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I would avoid USPS. UPS or Fedex should be fine. I am planning to send via UPS today.
@Fisheye1

So, I finally used Fedex. UPS said they could not generate a return label for Canada. Same for Fedex but they had a way where you can generate another shipping label by using one of their terminals. So, I did the same and was able to send.

USPS - I read somewhere that USPS do not pickup from Canada, so CIC have asked someone who used USPS to create a Fedex label and send them through email.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Thank you very much @nns14, I was able to open them with Mozilla.
Much appreciated!

The letter reads as follows:
Dear XXX:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
[...] this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a
travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

I guess the wait is over! I am finally a Permanent Resident!
Does that mean I can start looking for a new job??? (I am currently on an employer-specific work permit).
Congratulations!!!

I believe yes you are free to do whatever now. Do ask Legalfalcao as he's very knowledgeable in the legal aspect.

Oct 23, 2020
@Fisheye1

So, I finally used Fedex. UPS said they could not generate a return label for Canada. Same for Fedex but they had a way where you can generate another shipping label by using one of their terminals. So, I did the same and was able to send.

USPS - I read somewhere that USPS do not pickup from Canada, so CIC have asked someone who used USPS to create a Fedex label and send them through email.
Question: If you live in NY area can't you just submit the passport to VFS New York office?

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Question: If you live in NY area can't you just submit the passport to VFS New York office?
The Ready for Visa email instruction says we need to send our passports and documents to Ottawa address. This address is especially for US residence and is different from other Ottawa address for Canadian residence in the instruction email.

Fisheye1

Jan 31, 2019
@Fisheye1

Thank you, I guess I will go to fedex.

idicvulcan

Mar 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My profile was updated this morning - now it says I don't need to do a medical exam (mine expired at the end of October). I guess it's a good sign; it shows that someone somewhere is looking at this file. Can't believe it's already been a full year since I made the request! Lol.