+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
My medicals expire today and yet there's no update on my application. Aor is Nov 2nd 2019, the application is approved way back in August and yet no signs of ppr by long shot. Does anyone know what I can do? Also, during a conversation between me and a visa officer back in Sept. He told me I should get ppr within a week and yet that didn't happen. Is there any possibility to go for a lawsuit since they're clearly not doing their jobs on purpose?
In same situation as you. meds expiring today and application approved since April but no update since.
called them up, one agent about a month ago said the medicals have been extended. Called them up again this month and was told meds have not been extended yet. wonder what to believe.

Raised gcms for more clarity but there has been a 90 day extension requested for that.

Wonder what we can do

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
In same situation as you. meds expiring today and application approved since April but no update since.
called them up, one agent about a month ago said the medicals have been extended. Called them up again this month and was told meds have not been extended yet. wonder what to believe.

Raised gcms for more clarity but there has been a 90 day extension requested for that.

Wonder what we can do
In the same situation with you guys, AOR 25 Nov, file was approved since May and yet I haven't heard anything from them. I changed my address a few months ago but it wasn't even updated in GCMS note that I ordered last month. So I guess, since May they haven't even touched my file. Medical hasn't been extended either. Frustrating !!

Pooja Yadav

Apr 10, 2020
Is your country of residence India? A bunch of folks were issued PPRs (FSW & PNP) in the last few weeks from New Delhi VO, not sure when other Visa Offices will start the same for Indian residents.
Yes my application is from India. Yes am just waiting for an update oh that's good news. Just waiting and hoping the wait would end soon.

Reactions: m_jags06

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi everyone, could you please help me solve a query? Me and my husband gave our biometrics for Canada last year when he traveled on work permit and I traveled on a temp visa to visit him, do we still have to give our biometrics again for PR?
I am an FSW-O candidate from India, so what will the process be? Has anyone from India receiving PRs? I do not fall under spousal or family category.

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi everyone, could you please help me solve a query? Me and my husband gave our biometrics for Canada last year when he traveled on work permit and I traveled on a temp visa to visit him, do we still have to give our biometrics again for PR?

I am an FSW-O candidate from India, so what will the process be? Has anyone from India receiving PRs? I do not fall under spousal or family category.
1) You may be exempt from the biometric.
Foreign nationals are exempt from the biometrics collection requirement whether inside or outside Canada if they have both
  • a pending or new application for permanent residence
  • previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application
2) Please see messages 3-4 weeks ago in this forum. One batch from India (Delhi-VO) received PRs and there was silence again.

Vak2422

Jun 5, 2020
I got a ghost update on 16th Nov'20 as well so I am really skeptical about this one :D, still hoping for the best! What's your VO and Country of residence?
Basic question. How did we check for Ghost Updates? Do we have any links to click to check the same? TIA

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Phewww. I am really worried about Ottawa VO. It’s has though they’ve closed down since mid of the year. Nothing seems to be happening. People with AOR July/August/September 2020 in my country (and another visa office) have been receiving passport request since the beginning of November. I feel stuck at this point. Can’t even take up new job offers

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Basic question. How did we check for Ghost Updates? Do we have any links to click to check the same? TIA
Lol. I asked this question so many times too. Apparently there’s no link, it’s if you’re lucky enough to login to your application as at the time when they’re updating something. Other than that, no other way. So it’s serious account ‘monitoring’

Reactions: Vak2422

mellodie

Feb 5, 2020
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-01-2020
really worried about Ottawa VO. It’s has though they’ve closed down since mid of the year. Nothing seems to be happening. People with AOR July/August/September 2020 in my country (and another visa office) have been receiving passport request since the beginning of November. I feel stuck at this point. Can’t even take up new job offers
Exactly. All my friends who submitted in August have received PPR, but I'm still waiting for a final decision.

Reactions: Dee1729

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Lol. I asked this question so many times too. Apparently there’s no link, it’s if you’re lucky enough to login to your application as at the time when they’re updating something. Other than that, no other way. So it’s serious account ‘monitoring’
When there’s a ghost update, the profile would just show as profile updated. Normally it shows as submitted.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Phewww. I am really worried about Ottawa VO. It’s has though they’ve closed down since mid of the year. Nothing seems to be happening. People with AOR July/August/September 2020 in my country (and another visa office) have been receiving passport request since the beginning of November. I feel stuck at this point. Can’t even take up new job offers
On other groups I have seen a few inland / CEC candidates with VO Ottawa getting PPR.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all. Did someone receive a call from CIC? How long does it take to receive an update after interview by phone? Thanks

Last edited: