+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
My application was approved on March 20th (2 days after the travel restrictions took place... lucky eh? :rolleyes:) but I haven't received any CoPR or PPR since then. I talked to them several times on the phone and via webform. Basically, the problem for FSW Outland is that we need an interview to show proof of funds. That is why they are not finalizing FSW-O applications. For PNP and CEC applicants, since they already have a Job or a Nomination, the interview is unnecessary, so they are finalized via alternative landing.
We (FSW-O) will not have any update until the borders are reopened or interviews resume. The only thing we can do is wait and keep an eye on news and official statements.
Why is an interview required for that? Can't they just send ADR? Or ask us to send in more details of our plan so they can pre approve us to travel? It seems like a solvable problem at least so hopefully they can come up with a procedure that allows them to approve us.

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
Why is an interview required for that? Can't they just send ADR? Or ask us to send in more details of our plan so they can pre approve us to travel? It seems like a solvable problem at least so hopefully they can come up with a procedure that allows them to approve us.
I have no idea. Mind you that I am actually IN Canada at the moment, as a tourist, and despite my application is approved, I can't finalize it! I don't even need to travel!!

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
https://deadline.com/2020/07/u-s-canada-border-remain-closed-august-21-1202985102/amp/

U.S.-Canada Border Set To Remain Closed Until At Least August 21

The border between Canada and the U.S. is set to remain closed to all non-essential travel until at least August 21, Canadian network CTV is reporting.

Talks have been ongoing between the two countries, with the current closure set to expire on July 21. Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump had a call yesterday to discuss the situation and the Canadian PM said afterwards that his administration was “going to continue to work hard to keep Canadians safe and to keep our economies flowing.”

Government figures in the U.S. have been petitioning Canada to re-open the border, which has been closed since March, with an open letter recently penned by 29 members of Congress asking for “a comprehensive framework for phased reopening.”

However, Canada has maintained the health of its citizens is a priority, and with coronavirus cases spiking in the U.S., the one-month extension to the closure was somewhat predictable. Confirmed infections in the U.S. have now reached nearly 3.5 million, with close to 140,000 deaths, while Canada by contrast has close to 110,000 cases and under 9,000 deaths.

Essential travel remains permitted and while film and TV work is considered nonessential, American cast and crew can secure temporary work visas to cross the border, though in some instances will be subject to a quarantine period upon arrival.

rovar473

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Are you an Outland PR applicant who resides in the USA ? They are exempt from the travel restrictions from July 10th maybe they started contacting applicants with such a profil
Can you please provide the source of this news? Thank you!

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020