+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Thanks, I will likely use UPS or FedEx - have you received your PR card? I heard some folks have received it much sooner than expected. I have to send it to the Windsor office.
I sent my photo to Montreal. But didn’t receive the card yet. My photo reached there on June 18th. Few folks got faster(within one week) from London and Kitchener offices.

Last edited:

shyamaroy

Feb 24, 2020
Recieved GCMS notes. Apart from.security which is not yet started, rest all passed. What does it mean. is it a good news?? Aslo it says primary office CPC Ottawa. What doe sit stand for ??

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa

BlueLobster

Jun 19, 2020
It says it will extends until Aug 31st! It says in the same link you sent!!

"This temporary order is one of Canada’s measures to help contain the spread of coronavirus. Another new Order in Council extends Canada’s quarantine requirement until August 31. "
Travel ban is until July 31 (only specifically exempted categories are allowed to enter)

Quarantine requirement is until August 31.

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020
I sent mine via Canada Post and it was delivered in 3 days. I would suggest UPS/FEDEX. I was able to link my application to my CIC Portal the same day it was delivered.
No return envelope necessary.
Pics are cheaper at Costco- $7.99 for 2
@jn791
I assume you are waiting for your first card, right? (not renewal of PR). I was of the opinion that the linking to our application does not apply to 1st time PR card candidates. It only applies to PR renewals.

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Canada resumes visitor visa and eTA processing July 1
Travel restrictions still apply but IRCC will once again process online visitor visa and eTA applications to the best of its ability.

Canada is once again processing online applications for visitor visas and electronic travel authorizations as of July 1.

Though travel restrictions still apply, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is resuming processing in an effort to be proactive on future processing times, according to a media release.

IRCC also notes that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. Travel exemptions are for family members who are staying for more than 15 days or who are coming to Canada for an essential reason, skilled workers, and others. Travellers must also demonstrate to the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) that they are travelling for an essential reason in order to be granted entry to Canada.

IRCC is also processing online applications for study permits, work permits, and permanent residence. No paper applications for these immigration documents will be accepted for now.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/canada-resumes-visitor-visa-and-eta-processing-july-1-0614903.html

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I assume you are waiting for your first card, right? (not renewal of PR). I was of the opinion that the linking to our application does not apply to 1st time PR card candidates. It only applies to PR renewals.
Its my first PR card and It worked- so I went ahead and did it. It cant hurt

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020
Its my first PR card and It worked- so I went ahead and did it. It cant hurt
that's strange. I tried linking but it says 'no applications found'. I tried twice - once using family name+given name+DOB combo and once using UCI+Family name.

Do you mind sharing if you did anything additional once after you received COPRs over email. I assume you just sent COPRs + photos in mail to the concerned address on your COPR, right?

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
No. For the first time pr card candidates also can link their application to cic account. I already linked my application.

Reactions: KoKo_

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
that's strange. I tried linking but it says 'no applications found'. I tried twice - once using family name+given name+DOB combo and once using UCI+Family name.

Do you mind sharing if you did anything additional once after you received COPRs over email. I assume you just sent COPRs + photos in mail to the concerned address on your COPR, right?
Try family name + uci combination. Family name give as it is in your CoPR(mostly first letter uppercase and remaining lowercase). For place of birth, give as it is in your passport including space and comma.

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020
Try family name + uci combination. Family name give as it is in your CoPR(mostly first letter uppercase and remaining lowercase). For place of birth, give as it is in your passport including space and comma.
could you please confirm something. Once you received COPR via email and in your online account. Next step was just mailing photo + COPR to IRCC, correct? other than that did you do any additional steps online PRIOR to linking your account?