+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hey Guys,
Need Some help.
Here is my timeline :

16 November 2018 - Application received by Nova Scotia, Sydney
22nd January 2018 - AOR1 received.

Since than i have not received anything yet, I have send CSE through WebForm but they keep saying your application is within
the processing time. I am getting really impatient here. Is anyone in this situation who have not received anything after AOR yet.

What do you guys think i should do.
Greatly appreciate any advice you guys have.
Thanks,
-Sushant
I would give them a call and just ask if they can give you some information as you haven’t heard anything. Are you in Canada?

sushant.gautam

Feb 26, 2019
Hey, sorry for this delay...:( where is your file though? Was it transfer yet? I am November 7 applicant. Aor- January 16. And medical came in February. Did you try calling cic? Checked your ecas??
I have been sending email through WebForum, everytime i get the standard response saying its in process, but once they replied saying eligibility check is in process.

I have tried calling them, but it never goes through, i have ordered ATIP request, waiting for it to arrive.

Really frustrated at this point.

Reactions: sveta

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Yes, i am in canada. But i always get the standard response as saying it is in progress. really desperate to get a reply from them
It’s like you have to be so fast at putting in those numbers to get through to an agent. Once I dial and listen to that first little bit of the recording i then hit that 2 1 0 so fast so the system can barely keep up. I called today and spoke with a really nice lady. Even though she couldn’t tell me much she was able to tell a little which helped. I would keep trying to get through to someone and if you’re not satisfied with their answers try again. Although I understand that getting through to them is not the easiest and that hold time can seem like forever ☹ All the best to you!! I know you will hear something soon ... praying for you and yours.

sushant.gautam

Feb 26, 2019
It’s like you have to be so fast at putting in those numbers to get through to an agent. Once I dial and listen to that first little bit of the recording i then hit that 2 1 0 so fast so the system can barely keep up. I called today and spoke with a really nice lady. Even though she couldn’t tell me much she was able to tell a little which helped. I would keep trying to get through to someone and if you’re not satisfied with their answers try again. Although I understand that getting through to them is not the easiest and that hold time can seem like forever ☹ All the best to you!! I know you will hear something soon ... praying for you and yours.
Thanks Santiago, i hope i get something, Also, just wondering how much would GCMS notes help. I have sent a request for ATIP, Is requesting GCMS notes better than ATIP?

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

sushant.gautam

Feb 26, 2019
I am not sure what is webform... if they didn’t send u medical or biometrics maybe it will be done after the transfer. But I always check if there is any request on Ecas.
I have already checked my ecas, all i have is "We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2018".
Hopefully i will get something soon.

Thanks

Reactions: sveta

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I have already checked my ecas, all i have is "We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2018".
Hopefully i will get something soon.

Thanks
As one of the members mentioned earlier, you will probably get medicals request after the file is transferred. To be honest, it is good if you get the medical requests at the later stage of the application because once you get the COPR you have to land before your medicals expire (a year from when you get it done). And if for some reason, they take longer to process your application, you will have to either redo the medicals or pack up and leave in a rush to be able to land just in time. Not only is it expensive to get the medicals redone but also you are once again put through the stress of the results.

Quite a few of us here are stuck in a limbo atm, so don't worry, you are not alone in it. Fingers crossed, there should be good news following soon for all of us who are waiting :)

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I am in a position, where i am scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for some information. During such a session, I discovered that the message in the GCKEY changed from "You may not hear from us" to "Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along." This is exactly 6 months into the process (to the day). I realize that this has happened to several people and is automated on the website. Too bad it is not an indicator of anything.

Reactions: aaryzeam and sveta

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Short update on my side:

Submitted our additional docs, I needed to send two emails, I went a bit crazy with the photos lol The amended schedule A was physically mailed.
No updates in ECAS or GCKey. Not even that they requested the additional docs. I’m guessing Rabat just doesn’t update the system.
I ordered our notes today cause I’m just nosey AF and it was only $5 lol. It’ll give me something to read while we wait the remaining 5 months hearing nothing. I’m also curious to see if they have recommend interview indicated. It’s be nice to have a heads up if they do!

tdsw26

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Toronto, ON
I am in a position, where i am scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for some information. During such a session, I discovered that the message in the GCKEY changed from "You may not hear from us" to "Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along." This is exactly 6 months into the process (to the day). I realize that this has happened to several people and is automated on the website. Too bad it is not an indicator of anything.
Most of the processing happens between the 6-12 month mark, it's an indication that you can expect some form of communication from them in the coming months. It seems that by 7-9 months, most people have heard something from them. At 7 months, we received interview request, so just keep an eye on your email.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks Santiago, i hope i get something, Also, just wondering how much would GCMS notes help. I have sent a request for ATIP, Is requesting GCMS notes better than ATIP?
GCMS are requested under ATIP (ACT) that is the most accurate info of the application. It takes 30 days to get the notes .

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Honestly, I haven’t looked into requesting notes but maybe someone else can help! Anyone know the answer about requesting notes???