+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Additional documents can be requested before transfers. Nowhere is it mentioned it cannot. The final processing of the application (PPR) though has never been issued from Sydney till date. The file is always transferred. Some get an update on transfer, some don’t.
Ohh! So there are cases where the files have been transferred without an email or notification?

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
My eligibility is being reviewed and against BGC it says 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'
If you do not mind me asking, did the PA stay in any other country before applying for sponsorship?

Reactions: sveta

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Additional documents can be requested before transfers. Nowhere is it mentioned it cannot. The final processing of the application (PPR) though has never been issued from Sydney till date. The file is always transferred. Some get an update on transfer, some don’t.
The ‘processing’ of an application is basically everything related to bgc eligibility additional doc request etc. PPR is a mere end! So if everything is being done at sydney except ppr that means an app has been processed at sydney. Exactly what I was trying to say a while ago that they may completely process the application at sydney and just send it to lvo for visa/ppr purpose!

Reactions: Sh3l

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
The ‘processing’ of an application is basically everything related to bgc eligibility additional doc request etc. PPR is a mere end! So if everything is being done at sydney except ppr that means an app has been processed at sydney. Exactly what I was trying to say a while ago that they may completely process the application at sydney and just send it to lvo for visa/ppr purpose!
Possible. I myself have not seen people’s eligibility passing at Sydney though (Pre Arrival letter is that confirmation), so if you do find such a case please do share.

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
When i contacted my MP i was told that they (cic) interacts with other agencies that the PA has travelled to verify facts. From what i have seen these agencies take time to respond to information request. I am speculating that this is the reason for the hold up. I could be totally wrong though.

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Don’t think it’s a reason.,, so so many people travel and work abroad and many move to Canada...
I agree. But if we look at the list of people whose app is stuck in Sydney. Many of the ones that i have talked to have PAs who have travelled.

Reactions: sveta

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
When i contacted my MP i was told that they (cic) interacts with other agencies that the PA has travelled to verify facts. From what i have seen these agencies take time to respond to information request. I am speculating that this is the reason for the hold up. I could be totally wrong though.
It is one of the reasons. Your criminality (what you described falls under that) taking time could also be one reason why the file has not been transferred. Until these agencies report back to CIC, they cant do much further.

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
The theory goes wrong in my case as there’s zero travel history

Reactions: vinothku

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
I agree. But if we look at the list of people whose app is stuck in Sydney. Many of the ones that i have talked to have PAs who have travelled.
My spouse file is stuck and has no travel history. I just think it is different for everyone

Shirtar

Jun 10, 2019
Hi,

I'm a new member. Have been following this forum for a while now to know if I am the only one who still hasn't received a file transfer update having finished 6 months since application received by CIC. My timeline is below:

Principal Applicant - Resident in England
21 November 2018 - Application Received by Sydney centre
29 January 2019 - AOR 1
05 February 2019 - Medical Request
07 February 2019 - SA
18 Februaury 2019 - Medical Passed

There has been no update since. Nearing the 6 month mark last week, I enquired CIC regarding the application status via the webform. They replied after 5 days saying the application is in process, there is no further information required from the applicant and that they aim to make a decision as soon as possible. I'm just a bit nervous seeing people who applied around the same time as me (and a few cases where people applied even after me) already getting their PPR. Also, is it normal to not receive a file transfer email?

Opinions appreciated!
21 November 2018 -Application Received by MISSASSGA centre
27 January 2019 - Medical Request
24 may 2019 case transfer to local office and start BGC

sushant.gautam

Feb 26, 2019
Hey Guys,
Need Some help.
Here is my timeline :

16 November 2018 - Application received by Nova Scotia, Sydney
22nd January 2018 - AOR1 received.

Since than i have not received anything yet, I have send CSE through WebForm but they keep saying your application is within
the processing time. I am getting really impatient here. Is anyone in this situation who have not received anything after AOR yet.

What do you guys think i should do.
Greatly appreciate any advice you guys have.
Thanks,
-Sushant

Shirtar

Jun 10, 2019
Hey Guys,
Need Some help.
Here is my timeline :

16 November 2018 - Application received by Nova Scotia, Sydney
22nd January 2018 - AOR1 received.

Since than i have not received anything yet, I have send CSE through WebForm but they keep saying your application is within
the processing time. I am getting really impatient here. Is anyone in this situation who have not received anything after AOR yet.

What do you guys think i should do.
Greatly appreciate any advice you guys have.
Thanks,
-Sushant
i am sorry i am inland spouse sponsorship

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Plus if to think logically about it, all file
Transfers from different counties get transfer within 3-6 months, and their request from some security agencies is done within this timeline.,, so why for someone who lives more than one country or traveled it takes “who knows how long we have to wait for a reply from the same kind of agencies?!” I don’t think it’s travel history,,, it’s probably the wait, they took file gave medical and whatever else they need put it back until they need to take it again...
Because not all governments from different countries respond to the Canadian Agencies within the same timeline. Some take longer, some don’t. You say within 3-6 months but there are people waiting well over that. Again, as I have mentioned earlier, BGC is not the Only reason for transfer delays but one of the reasons.