+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

myadav2018

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
I landed at IRCC Winnipeg this morning. They gave a 3 hour window of time to show up, rather than an appointment time, which was fine--we waited about 40 minutes?
My timeline is in my signature. We had a request for more information (evidence of cohabitation) and for fingerprints for RCMP criminal check.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Hello..
I wanted to ask you, i got my decision made status last Thursday 1st August and my file is getting processed at IRCC Winnipeg, I was wondering if you could tell me how long after DM on ecas you were asked to meet for interview ?
Thank you

jo1987

May 6, 2019
Nah, it wasn't busy, started the interview on time, took 5 minutes.
Questions are, passports, another photo ID, where and when did you meet?
Where do you guys work? Paystubs?
Any criminal history etc...?
That was it! Congrats!! :)

Anyway my COPR is valid for 8 month and I linked the PR card application online.
How long does it usually take to receive the card?
**I issued my permanent SIN.
** As the health card, I am registered in the system now but they said I am eligible for it after three months! Is that right? I believe it is there months after AIP, or eligible just when I get PR!
My husband received his PR card on June 1/19. And he landed May 15/19.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
My husband landed on July 25/19 and we are still waiting for his PR Card. When we called CIC today to inquire, the agent said that they are presently working on July 10th PR Card applications. So it sounds like we have two more weeks of waiting.
That is just an estimate and they don't update the processing times so quickly, you guys might get the pr card really soon, hopefully :)

Reactions: Monabil

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
My husband’s GCKey account was updated today, with news that his PR card has been mailed out and will arrive within 6 weeks. I remember others on this forum reporting that they got their cards within a week. Can I ask~ did they come by regular mail, express post or courier? Did the PR card just appear in the mailbox one day or did the post person/courier arrive at the door and ask for a signature?

Thanks!

Reactions: Geno.uss
Dec 28, 2018
Hello all,

I have sponsored my wife via inland application who is on her PGWP. We have not heard from CIC in a long time and a bit worried why is it taking that long. Below is the timeline of application based on eCAS:
Nov 2018- Application received by CIC
Dec 2018- AOR
Jan 2019 - Medical results requested
Date NA - Medical results received
May 2019 - CIC sent a letter

As you notice above, CIC has sent a letter in May but we have not received it yet (We dont know what the letter is). We contacted our Immigration consultant - he has not received it either. We contacted CIC over the phone - call center told us to wait for one month. We waited for one month and called again in June - this time we were told that they have forwarded the request to Immigration officer in Mississauga and that we should wait for another month to receive the letter. Then another month passed by but we still did not get the letter. We then contacted our local MP who then contacted CIC and was told that there was no letter sent out at the first place and that the online status is showing incorrect message.

Can anyone suggest what should we do? We know that the official timeline for online spousal sponsorship is 12 months but it seems like other people are getting decisions much earlier or at least there file is moving ahead based on their status on eCAS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - Both the sponsor and principal applicant’s status in eCAS is “In Progress”

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello all,

I have sponsored my wife via inland application who is on her PGWP. We have not heard from CIC in a long time and a bit worried why is it taking that long. Below is the timeline of application based on eCAS:
Nov 2018- Application received by CIC
Dec 2018- AOR
Jan 2019 - Medical results requested
Date NA - Medical results received
May 2019 - CIC sent a letter

As you notice above, CIC has sent a letter in May but we have not received it yet (We dont know what the letter is). We contacted our Immigration consultant - he has not received it either. We contacted CIC over the phone - call center told us to wait for one month. We waited for one month and called again in June - this time we were told that they have forwarded the request to Immigration officer in Mississauga and that we should wait for another month to receive the letter. Then another month passed by but we still did not get the letter. We then contacted our local MP who then contacted CIC and was told that there was no letter sent out at the first place and that the online status is showing incorrect message.

Can anyone suggest what should we do? We know that the official timeline for online spousal sponsorship is 12 months but it seems like other people are getting decisions much earlier or at least there file is moving ahead based on their status on eCAS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - Both the sponsor and principal applicant’s status in eCAS is “In Progress”
Order your GCMS notes, I feel they help in speeding up the process, you can also order CBSA notes because you might be stuck in background check
Good luck and hopefully you will hear something really soon

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
My husband’s GCKey account was updated today, with news that his PR card has been mailed out and will arrive within 6 weeks. I remember others on this forum reporting that they got their cards within a week. Can I ask~ did they come by regular mail, express post or courier? Did the PR card just appear in the mailbox one day or did the post person/courier arrive at the door and ask for a signature?

Thanks!
I bet that it is sent by regular mail, the same way they send any government related stuff
Some people received it in days and some receive it in weeks depending on where you live and how fast the post is

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Who is still waiting for PR?

Still stuck on BGC :-(
Every time that we sent a web form inquiry, we had movement with my husband’s file within days. Every time. It might work for you, and even if it doesn’t, it won’t slow the process down any further than its current rate.
* Also, phoning In with an inquiry seems to have no impact. The standard response always seemed to be that we were well within the expected time frame and to be patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: YvonneP

myadav2018

Jul 29, 2019
Who is still waiting for PR?

Still stuck on BGC :-(
Hey,
I got my DM on ecas on August 1. I called cic they told me that everything is done I will have to wait for COPR. But I always thought that family sponsorship inland usually get interview. But anyway, I am still waiting for PR since August 1. How about you.

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
ordered me gcms 30 days ago and just received it today. My file was transferred to etobicoke office but does not specify why. The notes shows that the document I submitted, the agent was not satisfy my marriage was genuine so they requested more documents. I provided those documents and the agent say base on the info they received they are satisfy that my relationship was genuine.

After that, my file was sent to Etobicoke but does not say why or any reasoning.