+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

PR2018USA

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Date for submission before Nov 13th... processing is 116 days. All October should have by now. What have they told you?
I haven't called to follow up on the status of the OWP yet but everything else seems to be moving along. I will probably call sometime this week.

Reactions: YvonneP

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Background check started today, Nov 22nd applicant. Oddly my medical status hasn't changed in GCKey, still says "we have requested..." even though the clinic uploaded the results over a month ago. I'm going to guess this will never get updated.

Reactions: Suze7982

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Background check started today, Nov 22nd applicant. Oddly my medical status hasn't changed in GCKey, still says "we have requested..." even though the clinic uploaded the results over a month ago. I'm going to guess this will never get updated.
It should be updated, first to medicals received and then to passed (assuming you passed). If you haven't yet, verify with the clinic that they sent the results, and if they have, contact CIC.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
It should be updated, first to medicals received and then to passed (assuming you passed). If you haven't yet, verify with the clinic that they sent the results, and if they have, contact CIC.
I've done this - got copy of eMedical submission results from clinic and called IRCC, plus webform inquiry. I also sent copy of the eMedical results and receipts from the exam. IRCC confirms the medical results were received but I've heard nothing else. The last agent I spoke to said the official processing time for medicals is 3 months so I just have to keep waiting, and that sometimes GCKey is slow to change. Strange as I'm sure I would have heard by now if there was an issue...

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I've done this - got copy of eMedical submission results from clinic and called IRCC, plus webform inquiry. I also sent copy of the eMedical results and receipts from the exam. IRCC confirms the medical results were received but I've heard nothing else. The last agent I spoke to said the official processing time for medicals is 3 months so I just have to keep waiting, and that sometimes GCKey is slow to change. Strange as I'm sure I would have heard by now if there was an issue...
Ah, very good then. Seems as though you need not worry. If the clinic didn't contact you, there is no health issue. If IRCC has confirmed they got the results, no real issue. As you were told, just wait and hopefully someone will decide to update your GCKey. Totally understandable that it can be annoying and maybe a bit anxiety-provoking to not see that line updated.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Ah, very good then. Seems as though you need not worry. If the clinic didn't contact you, there is no health issue. If IRCC has confirmed they got the results, no real issue. As you were told, just wait and hopefully someone will decide to update your GCKey. Totally understandable that it can be annoying and maybe a bit anxiety-provoking to not see that line updated.
Thanks! - definitely a bit concerning, though I'm telling myself now that since background check has started, this must mean medicals are ok? I've not heard of anyone having background check start (for inland) without clearing medicals first.

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Thanks! - definitely a bit concerning, though I'm telling myself now that since background check has started, this must mean medicals are ok? I've not heard of anyone having background check start (for inland) without clearing medicals first.
Pls call Cic again and make sure the clinic submitted it correctly. I had same problem until I called Cic. My medicals were submitted with a visitors form. Sounds weird though. Clinics do make mistakes in submission of medicals. I submitted a copy I received from the clinic myself and got a reply from Cic saying it’s been received but they never attended to it until I called and I was told the medicals submitted was for a visiting application. Fortunately for me, the person I spoke to put a note on my account and 2days later, my medicals was changed to “passed”. My BGC started the following day. Pls call again and verify if the right forms were submitted.

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
How many November applicants waiting for OWP? Where are you living?
We called again this morning as today is exactly 4 months ( November 27th). The man we spoke to said he would email the person who is working on our file as it has passed the 116 days that they estimate. Fingers crossed it will finally be approved!!!!

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Pls call Cic again and make sure the clinic submitted it correctly. I had same problem until I called Cic. My medicals were submitted with a visitors form. Sounds weird though. Clinics do make mistakes in submission of medicals. I submitted a copy I received from the clinic myself and got a reply from Cic saying it’s been received but they never attended to it until I called and I was told the medicals submitted was for a visiting application. Fortunately for me, the person I spoke to put a note on my account and 2days later, my medicals was changed to “passed”. My BGC started the following day. Pls call again and verify if the right forms were submitted.
Thanks, very helpful suggestion. I had no idea it was possible for a clinic to make an error like that, I will definitely confirm with CIC.

Gabe2019V

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi everybody, my wife just received an update and message that she needs to send police certificate. The thing is that we submitted the police certificate when we first sent all documents, in November. Can you share your thoughts on this? Thanks!

P.S. BGC started Feb 11, OWP received Feb 25

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi everybody, my wife just received an update and message that she needs to send police certificate. The thing is that we submitted the police certificate when we first sent all documents, in November. Can you share your thoughts on this? Thanks!

P.S. BGC started Feb 11, OWP received Feb 25
Maybe that police certificate expired? Any police certificate expires after one year from the date it was issued