+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Suze7982

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Alberta
I can't seem to log into GCkey at the minute, it's looping back to the main page after sign in partner page...anyone else having that problem?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
That's a good idea, perhaps it was on a pile that they didn't get to? There are a few November applicants still waiting on OWPs. You're in status so should get it
On the spreadsheet there are only 8 people so I can't get a good idea of how many are actually awaiting OWPs and it looks like some are waiting a long time.

I am just scared that if my "date received" on GC key is now February that my progress has been reset and have to wait again or until AIP.

We submitted the entire package in at the end of July when my C/L spouse's permit was about to expire and the application was returned to us because we were missing a signature.

I followed up on Monday and received an email on Wednesday indicating we did not meet the criteria for OWP at this time and would be processed when AIP is given. The link they provided was this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

@Suze7982 We submitted the restoration along with the application with the OWP. To complicate matters, we had to leave the country for a medical emergency so in theory he does have status now. Unfortunately, I haven't been successful in linking the application so I can't really provide more than what than the online tool provides.
So the PA was out of status the whole time the applications were out of your hands? You got a response saying you won't receive OWP until AIP because of what? You submitted your OWP with your restoration application, like it tells you to in that link you were provided. Which criteria did you miss? And which online tool are you using for your checking your OWP ?

You might get your PR soon which is way better, stay positive! :)
Why would they get PR soon if they resubmitted only in November?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
On the spreadsheet there are only 8 people so I can't get a good idea of how many are actually awaiting OWPs and it looks like some are waiting a long time.

I am just scared that if my "date received" on GC key is now February that my progress has been reset and have to wait again or until AIP.

So the PA was out of status the whole time the applications were out of your hands? You got a response saying you won't receive OWP until AIP because of what? You submitted your OWP with your restoration application, like it tells you to in that link you were provided. Which criteria did you miss? And which online tool are you using for your checking your OWP ?

Why would they get PR soon if they resubmitted only in November?
I'm assuming ( hopefully if CIC stays fast) since September applicants most of them got DMs then hopefully November applicants will hear something by May or June, people are receiving AIP plus DM right after each other so if the PA receives DM why would he/she need OWP?! The PA would become a PR
And since @PR2018USA is from the US the process should be fast (if no complications arise)
Just trying to spread some hope.. no one knows what can happen but lets stay hopeful

Last edited:
Reactions: PR2018USA

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I'm assuming ( hopefully if CIC stays fast) since September applicants most of them got DMs then hopefully November applicants will hear something by May or June, people are receiving AIP plus DM right after each other so if the PA receives DM why would he/she need OWP?! The PA would become a PR
And since @PR2018USA is from the US the process should be fast (if no complications arise)
Just trying to spread some hope.. no one knows what can happen but lets stay hopeful
Yes I know! Hope is good, but false hope is not!

Apparently it's 2-3 month's after letter/ interview to even get an appointment depending where your local office will be.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes I know! Hope is good, but false hope is not!

Apparently it's 2-3 month's after letter/ interview to even get an appointment depending where your local office will be.
It's only Vancouver office that's taking long for interviews... other offices around the country are okay....you might say GTA... GTA offices take time but not 2-3 months...
OWP after AIP will take 3-4 months
Not giving any false hopes just facts from how the other timelines are going..

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
It's only Vancouver office that's taking long for interviews... other offices around the country are okay....you might say GTA... GTA offices take time but not 2-3 months...
OWP after AIP will take 3-4 months
Not giving any false hopes just facts from how the other timelines are going..
I hear you. You're right. Yes no point in applying for OWP after AIP, really. I agree, other timelines are going well. I hope it stays consistant.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I hear you. You're right. Yes no point in applying for OWP after AIP, really. I agree, other timelines are going well. I hope it stays consistant.
Before it used to be good because people had to wait years to get their PR, now the process changed and we're lucky that it became faster
I think people can still get their OWP faster depending on their situation and how they applied (online or by mail), they say applying online is faster
But I feel nowadays OWP after AIP is just a joke because you won't need it, it'll become useless when you become a PR (lets say the PA got AIP and DM at the same time and landed after one month from AIP & DM- the PA also got OWP 3 weeks after AIP- so PA would have of held the OWP for 1 week and when landed it got cancelled which is in my opinion useless)

Last edited:

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Before it used to be good because people had to wait years to get their PR, now the process changed and we're lucky that it became faster
I think people can still get their OWP faster depending on their situation and how they applied (online or by mail), they say applying online is faster
But I feel nowadays OWP after AIP is just a joke because you won't need it, it'll become useless when you become a PR (lets say the PA got AIP and DM at the same time and landed after one month from AIP & DM- the PA also got OWP 3 weeks after AIP- so PA would have of held the OWP for 1 week and when landed it got cancelled which is in my opinion useless)
I agree 100%. Hey I got a second opinion on restoration while OWP was already submitted before.

OWP Process starts when my status was restored, January 25th. Do you think it would get similar processing time as those who applied PR +OWP? I asked if it would be treated as an inland OWP and they said yes.

I am crossing my fingers I get in line with the late January OWPs that came with PR as they have had relatively fast OWP processing. But I guess 4 month is still on my mind :(

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I agree 100%. Hey I got a second opinion on restoration while OWP was already submitted before.

OWP Process starts when my status was restored, January 25th. Do you think it would get similar processing time as those who applied PR +OWP? I asked if it would be treated as an inland OWP and they said yes.

I am crossing my fingers I get in line with the late January OWPs that came with PR as they have had relatively fast OWP processing. But I guess 4 month is still on my mind :(
Yes hopefully you will get it fast, I think this change also happened not long time ago where they are giving chance for people who restored their status during PR process to get OWP before AIP, hopefully you will get your OWP very soon since they started processing it in January

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
We called again this morning as today is exactly 4 months ( November 27th). The man we spoke to said he would email the person who is working on our file as it has passed the 116 days that they estimate. Fingers crossed it will finally be approved!!!!

Still nothing ☹☹☹☹☹